Currently working on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
guspav said:
On this thread I'll report more or less what I am working on so you know the mod isn't dead and can be very excited about the upcoming version :razz:
It will also help me with the changelog writing.

I am currently working on: expanding and improving the magic system.
I added a spell book and a prayer book, both with interactive buttons while on battles.
Still need to create spell choosing scripts for the AI.

Hi,i have a few questions:
1.When will be the next version released?
2.I will be able to side with demons? :twisted:
3.What new creatures will be?and suggestion:you could add them diferent abilitties.
3.Great mod,i love it,you did a great job. :smile:

mutant900 said:
guspav said:
On this thread I'll report more or less what I am working on so you know the mod isn't dead and can be very excited about the upcoming version :razz:

I added a spell book and a prayer book, both with interactive buttons while on battles.

3.What new creatures will be?and suggestion:you could add them diferent abilitties.

Gonna respond to only the first one... when it's ready he'll tell us...

mutant900 said:
guspav said:

1. When it's done! :razz:
2. Hmm I haven't really planned a demon faction as such, plus balrogs are way too powerful to have an army of them, however, I will add some demon summoning spells (inspired by the d&d gate spell)
3a. So far there will only be 2 new creatures (troops): mind flayers and ogres. More might make their way into the mod, but I need new models.
3b. Thanks! I'm glad you like it. The enthusiasm of the community is what keeps me going :smile:

Patron deities? yusssss. May I suggest not having a deity of magic? It sort of undercuts the other god/goddesses's powers. That's assuming, of course, that all the godly powers are some form of magic. An option to also worship yourself as some fake deity/cult figure would be cool. Then you could spread your faith in yourself throughout the land.

Teofish said:
Illithids! \o/
Yeah, as expected they'll be quite deadly!  :twisted:

Odin_of_Asgard said:
Patron deities? yusssss. May I suggest not having a deity of magic? It sort of undercuts the other god/goddesses's powers. That's assuming, of course, that all the godly powers are some form of magic. An option to also worship yourself as some fake deity/cult figure would be cool. Then you could spread your faith in yourself throughout the land.

Hmm why no magic deity? Mystra is the goddess of The Weave (sort of like a magical river from which mages get their power), so, I was thinking on giving clerics of Mystra a few mage spells; which cost faith points of course... besides, the spiritual shuriken is already done! :razz:
Heh that thing about worshiping yourself and making a cult does sound original, I'll think about that one!

Now for some progress, I have added a ton of new banners (plus some extra banner pages to the mod). Nobody in the modding community has done it publicly at least, so it took a bit of code fiddling, but at last it's done! It still has a little bug somewhere that will cause a particular banner with a golden lion to appear multiple times, but I'll crush that bug later since it's quite harmless.
So, here are some pictures:

Heraldics are even working and everything! :grin:

By the way, I can't remember for the life of me who the creator of these banners is, so if you are reading this and I forget to mention you in the credits just say so and I'll do it immediately :razz:

guspav said:
Mystra is the goddess of The Weave
uNEKqQv.jpg
Is that a possible representation of the weave goddess? :lol:

Keep up the good work Guspav!

guspav said:
Teofish said:
Illithids! \o/
Yeah, as expected they'll be quite deadly!  :twisted:

Odin_of_Asgard said:

Hmm why no magic deity? Mystra is the goddess of The Weave (sort of like a magical river from which mages get their power), so, I was thinking on giving clerics of Mystra a few mage spells; which cost faith points of course... besides, the spiritual shuriken is already done! :razz:
Heh that thing about worshiping yourself and making a cult does sound original, I'll think about that one!

Now for some progress, I have added a ton of new banners (plus some extra banner pages to the mod). Nobody in the modding community has done it publicly at least, so it took a bit of code fiddling, but at last it's done! It still has a little bug somewhere that will cause a particular banner with a golden lion to appear multiple times, but I'll crush that bug later since it's quite harmless.
So, here are some pictures:

Heraldics are even working and everything! :grin:

By the way, I can't remember for the life of me who the creator of these banners is, so if you are reading this and I forget to mention you in the credits just say so and I'll do it immediately :razz:
It seems you have the same yellow and orange lion banner on 4 pages?

It seems you have the same yellow and orange lion banner on 4 pages?

First of all, this mod is amazing! I check the boards every day to see about your progress. I was wondering, could you consider decreasing costs for native troops? Archers and footman for native troops are both expensive and generally inferior. While another level to troops will be great, compared to hawkeyes or dwarf paragons costs, native armies are already expensive. Thanks once again for a mod that I play again and again!

A few new pictures.

The new mummy cavalry, plus bronze age armor for the mummies.

The new stone golem looks like a bronze age warrior

oldgreg said:
First of all, this mod is amazing! I check the boards every day to see about your progress. I was wondering, could you consider decreasing costs for native troops? Archers and footman for native troops are both expensive and generally inferior. While another level to troops will be great, compared to hawkeyes or dwarf paragons costs, native armies are already expensive. Thanks once again for a mod that I play again and again!

Thanks!
Please keep your suggestions to the suggestions threads. I do read them, promise!

I can't wait to make a somewhat useable mummy army! The mummy troops, I find are quite weak so I have never actually made a successful mummy army, hopefully these cavalry will help. Also, will the mummy cavalry have a cool name, or just be called "Mummy Cavalry"? And will the mummy cavalry upgrade to a stronger unit. Keep up the great work Guspav! I am loving where this mod is going!

Monkeyman27 said:
I can't wait to make a somewhat useable mummy army! The mummy troops, I find are quite weak so I have never actually made a successful mummy army, hopefully these cavalry will help. Also, will the mummy cavalry have a cool name, or just be called "Mummy Cavalry"? And will the mummy cavalry upgrade to a stronger unit. Keep up the great work Guspav! I am loving where this mod is going!

Given that the mummies are all a lighter version of the other faction heavy units I'm gonna wadger that our cav will be somewhere between khergit horse archer in terms of protection and horse survivability and the mummy conscript in terms of personal survivability and combat... >.> not gonna lie... mummy conscript is the best they got in survival and combat.... Mummy priest may last longer and the top tier infantry less so, but them conscripts are the best we have in terms of actually surviving a battle because they take forever to join battle with anything xD

It's been a while since i'v been on here.

Am curious to see whats new.
Doesn't seem to be much.

Lots of Deity chatter.

I thought someone was supposed to be making a thread on update changes and was given access to the latest updates so-as-to start the thread for when this update is released?
Can't seem to find it.
Am guessing the mod is another 2-3 months away hey?  (seen that posted about 2-3 times now every 2-3 months)

Fingers crossed for this being the silence before the storm. Fingers crossed... waiting... WANT!
:smile: Hope things are moving forward, Guspav.

Ulvebane said:
Fingers crossed for this being the silence before the storm. Fingers crossed... waiting... WANT!
:smile: Hope things are moving forward, Guspav.
Haha same.

I have this mental image of guspac in a wizard robe with a cup of coffee sitting infront of his computer...  not sure why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom