Currently working on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wendek said:
Just because I like details : is it a trigger every 48h  or is it 48h after the capture of each prisoner ? So if a band of shadows took 10 Swadian peasants at noon and then 15 nord footmen at midnight, would both groups be transformed at the same time or would the first one be transformed 12h before the second one ?
Will the type of raised undead be random or dependant on the type of prisoner ? (mostly asking to guess how likely it'll be to see an ever-growing Shadow army :grin: )
The trigger will fire every 48h, regardless if they have prisoners or not. The resulting converted undead will be of the lowest type (plain zombies, skeletons and shadows), but I guess I could make the trigger more sophisticated, though I am not sure if time is better spent building something more interesting :razz:

By the way, Wendek, I did like your Shar-worshiping Alithyra. I'll pm you later and tell you about the two new NPC heroes... the Kelemvor priest for the mummy NPC sounds quite good also!

I was beginning to think that wall o' text had scared ya! :p

Haven't been able to begin work on them (even Xanaver the "easier") until you tell me you're okay with the concepts. :smile: Also still waitin' for info on the last one since I still haven't found him.

guspav said:
Wendek said:
Just because I like details : is it a trigger every 48h  or is it 48h after the capture of each prisoner ? So if a band of shadows took 10 Swadian peasants at noon and then 15 nord footmen at midnight, would both groups be transformed at the same time or would the first one be transformed 12h before the second one ?
Will the type of raised undead be random or dependant on the type of prisoner ? (mostly asking to guess how likely it'll be to see an ever-growing Shadow army :grin: )
The trigger will fire every 48h, regardless if they have prisoners or not. The resulting converted undead will be of the lowest type (plain zombies, skeletons and shadows), but I guess I could make the trigger more sophisticated, though I am not sure if time is better spent building something more interesting :razz:

By the way, Wendek, I did like your Shar-worshiping Alithyra. I'll pm you later and tell you about the two new NPC heroes... the Kelemvor priest for the mummy NPC sounds quite good also!

You could perhaps make various tiered "faction" undead troops? And perhaps make specific zombified elite troops?

For example, some undead capture a bunch of varied Nord troops. The undead would enhance their power with a couple of "undead nords" "undead nord warriors/archers" and maybe an actual "undead nord huscarl".

You can of course make undead versions of EVERY troop, but that's a lot of work for little gain. By making it a 3 tier system it becomes less of a hassle.

And the following step is of course demons turning their prisoners into possessed people.  :fruity:

CHIMouttathisplane said:
guspav said:
Wendek said:

You could perhaps make various tiered "faction" undead troops? And perhaps make specific zombified elite troops?

For example, some undead capture a bunch of varied Nord troops. The undead would enhance their power with a couple of "undead nords" "undead nord warriors/archers" and maybe an actual "undead nord huscarl".

You can of course make undead versions of EVERY troop, but that's a lot of work for little gain. By making it a 3 tier system it becomes less of a hassle.

And the following step is of course demons turning their prisoners into possessed people.  :fruity:

to take this idea even further.....

I would reallly like to see tht but I think it is impossible, but

The Undead capture livings. those livings turn after 48 into undead. they parties grow until a max party cap is reached. after tht, the party will split into to parties and they will continue to hunt, so tht they will become like a disease tht swarms calradia if they wont get wiped out.
If Lord get captured they will turn into undead lords which will because vassals of the Linch King. they will stay his vassel until the kindgom wiped out from the map. The lords cant be transformed back or brought back to life.

Just to make the evil vs good more interesting and raise the difficulty level
As a good one ur aim will be to annilliate the evils and as the evil to cover the county in darkness.
( If u r an evil lord u could get the same ability so tht after 1 week ur prisoners turn into undead to ballance it abit)

The transformed undead could become undeads, trained undeads, veteran undeads and elite undeads. (ex. undead archer, trained undead archer, etc.

guspav said:
- Just added a new trigger which will make those wandering undead horrors more.... interesting  :twisted:
what it will do is that skeleton, zombie, shadow and undead army parties will hold their prisoners for 48h, after which all non hero troops held will be turned into zombies, skeletons or shadows. Undead parties are very likely of becoming bigger and a lot more menacing. Those weird events in which there were 2 shadows with 60 prisoners will be over.

It sounds great. This will make the shadows really big, and will be a challenge defeat them when they become huge. Maybe you can make that when the shadows have a great number and they still have a necromancer alive in the army, the necromancer will transform into a Lych or a dark general and be an independent minor army that can take castles and even cities.

Buitre said:
guspav said:
- Just added a new trigger which will make those wandering undead horrors more.... interesting  :twisted:
what it will do is that skeleton, zombie, shadow and undead army parties will hold their prisoners for 48h, after which all non hero troops held will be turned into zombies, skeletons or shadows. Undead parties are very likely of becoming bigger and a lot more menacing. Those weird events in which there were 2 shadows with 60 prisoners will be over.

It sounds great. This will make the shadows really big, and will be a challenge defeat them when they become huge. Maybe you can make that when the shadows have a great number and they still have a necromancer alive in the army, the necromancer will transform into a Lych or a dark general and be an independent minor army that can take castles and even cities.

yes... a thousand times yes... I loved the whole bandit hero system that some mods do, having something somewhat similar would be epic...

I think the bandits conquering castles and towns thing is kind of complicated. I'll dig into it, but no promises.
I am already behind schedule and if I look for too long into that the next version will be delayed even further! :razz:

- Do you remember Dacar? The black robed individual at the Four Ways Inn? Well, he has a very handy function now: You can ask him to teleport your party near one of the towns for a price that depends on your party size (50 denars per member).
Travelling through Calradia should be a lot simpler now, though kind of expensive.

Nice! Though it'll sting as ****e since I tend to have fairly large parties. Maybe other towns who have a mages guild could have the same function available too?

guspav said:
I think the bandits conquering castles and towns thing is kind of complicated. I'll dig into it, but no promises.
I am already behind schedule and if I look for too long into that the next version will be delayed even further! :razz:

- Do you remember Dacar? The black robed individual at the Four Ways Inn? Well, he has a very handy function now: You can ask him to teleport your party near one of the towns for a price that depends on your party size (50 denars per member).
Travelling through Calradia should be a lot simpler now, though kind of expensive.

Would be funny if it occasionally dumped you in The Abyss.  :fruity: Enjoy fighting 10 Balrogs.

guspav said:

The new version will be delayed even further? You keep me checking the news everyday! hahaha

CHIMouttathisplane said:
I just thought of something.

Surely you can't just teleport next to a city that is hostile to you?

Well, magic-wise, I don't see why not. If you get mobbed by the enemy faction for being so bold, you kind of had it coming, right? :razz:

Im so glad that this isnt dead, i really thought it was. I hate it when good mods die, especially when they have a lot of potential and has a great modder modding them (like yours). Keep up the great work cant wait until it updates  :grin:.  Btw i made an account just to comment on your mod

Apart from the new clerics (I am still working on that, but it's a huge undertaking), I have been refining the magic bonuses/penalties system and now there are those rare items which will give a bonus (like it was before) and those that either don't get in the way or will make casting more difficult, that depending on the weight of the item.
For example heavy gauntlets will cause a massive penalty, since I don't think complex hand and finger movements would be even possible wearing such things. Boots will also have an effect, but much minor. Heavy armor will be a pain in the ass of spellcasters and so will be heavy helmets. You could still be an effective caster with medium armor and a good hood or hat, though.
Those days of the confusing "Enhances magic" sign are over!

Due to popular demand, I also made a new blunt spell for the tournaments at the Wizard Tower. It will work similarly to the magic missile spell in which it will create more missiles the more magic power the caster has. The maximum ammo of this spell is currently set to 20 for everyone. These tournaments' participants will also get a magical pink Frisbee (shield spell) so they won't get slaughtered too quickly in the bolt storms.

Most colored robes have been replaced to some other clothes from Fred's Bunch of Armors OSP. They do look a bit more mundane, but are a lot prettier!

guspav said:
Apart from the new clerics (I am still working on that, but it's a huge undertaking), I have been refining the magic bonuses/penalties system and now there are those rare items which will give a bonus (like it was before) and those that either don't get in the way or will make casting more difficult, that depending on the weight of the item.
For example heavy gauntlets will cause a massive penalty, since I don't think complex hand and finger movements would be even possible wearing such things. Boots will also have an effect, but much minor. Heavy armor will be a pain in the ass of spellcasters and so will be heavy helmets. You could still be an effective caster with medium armor and a good hood or hat, though.

I never found them confusing, but if that's the case, will you be providing a rough weight range for each slot for how it affects spells?

guspav said:
These tournaments' participants will also get a magical pink Frisbee (shield spell) so they won't get slaughtered too quickly in the bolt storms.
Aaaah. Goodie! That alleviates my primary fear with that implementation.

Heya guspav! I'm glad to see you're still putting forth the effort to make this mod better and better, including a few things I asked about a long time ago such as a mage tournament and teleportation NPC. I know a lot of people are getting antsy for the next version but I'm sure the wait will be well worth it!
guspav said:

I do have a question about this. What about certain unique armors, such as the Twilight Armor? I would definitely consider Twilight to be heavy armor, but it has that very minor boost to magic, which I assume was less intended as a tangible bonus and more of a way to allow you to wear it without taking the penalty for wearing "non-mage armor." Will things such as Twilight Armor and Elven Mail Shirt still be just as feasible as before, trading the magic bonus potential for some protection? And what of the boots and gauntlets of the Twilight set? When you say that gloves and footwear will be a factor in the future, I assume this means we'll also be getting some that might give a small bonus as well, so as to not incur the penalty, too. Great job as always.

Glad to see still being worked on I was also wondering how hard it is to implemented other mods in your mod like diplomacy I think it wouldoes be a nice addition cuz its nice to just work on helping the people of my empire after meach and my undead hordes take over the lands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom