Complaint about problems with browsing on mobile devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Bromden said:
It was fine for a good while, without the blurry outlines and that hair-thing on top. I didn't touch it in years now.
Well, I don't see anything "wrong" beyond that very faint line in the upper right, which is faint enough I didn't notice it before you said something about it. It doesn't look blurry to me.
I also haven't noticed your avatar change in any way for years now, and I have seen it many times. Further, nothing has changed in regards to how avatars are stored; they're only potentially physically resized when uploaded, not any time beyond that. So it won't have physically changed unless you uploaded a new copy of it.
The potential avatar resizing that occurs now on mobile devices is strictly handled by your browser given the original sized image sent to it from the server.

I don't want to make a fuss about it, I probably wouldn't have even become aware of it if I didn't start looking at it closely after your post concerning avatar resizing. The blurry outline thing is most visible at the bubbles and the outer hairs, which had definite outlines before (I'm sure of it, I did the clipping myself). It's like some anti aliasing tool was released on it. Anyhoo, don't sweat it. I'd upload it again, but the original lies within the ruins of my old comp, so I'll just learn to cope with the situation.

Have to zoom out to be able to use the forums. Samsung galaxy s3 with chrome. I'm used to tiny text though. Default width of the Web page seems to be about twice the size of the screen.

Not necessarily a problem specific to mobiles, I can't check a normal computer right now.

But, uh, is page 94 of the Deliverance thread consistently loading this way for anyone else?

VjHns6x.png

jbGo1XN.png

VNX1P4t.png

IwuRJK7.png

Yeah, not doing it on my desktop either. Phone is Chrome, I'm pretty sure, it's the default Android internet app and yeah it's consistent. Only on that page on that thread, though. Bizarre, but not really a big deal I guess.

Also looking at the screenshots on my desktop looks stupid, why are phone's resolution 6x the size of the phone itself?

Austupaio said:
Not necessarily a problem specific to mobiles, I can't check a normal computer right now.

But, uh, is page 94 of the Deliverance thread consistently loading this way for anyone else?

VjHns6x.png

jbGo1XN.png

VNX1P4t.png

IwuRJK7.png
Your phone appears to be suffering from a seizure with the standard text in some posts garbled like that.

Checked the indicated page using Android's default browser on my phone, it displays fine for me. I'd recommend getting Chrome or Firefox on Android rather than using the somewhat barebones built-in browser, though.
I do wonder why Android doesn't just include Chrome as the built-in browser since it's also by Google. Seems like a waste of resources.

Austupaio said:
Also looking at the screenshots on my desktop looks stupid, why are phone's resolution 6x the size of the phone itself?
Because the pixels are that much smaller and packed that much more densely together on newer phones and tablets compared to standard computer monitors, providing much sharper and more detailed visuals for up-close viewing. It does amuse me that both my computer monitor and my phone have the same native resolution of 1920x1080 with such a huge physical size difference.

Janus said:
I do wonder why Android doesn't just include Chrome as the built-in browser since it's also by Google. Seems like a waste of resources.

IIRC I read they will actually do as of 5.2 or something.

If it had been on my Android phone (while it was still alive), it would've taken about 75% of the available memory for programs.

Back
Top Bottom