BUG Reports v 1.35 (Read first page before post)

Users who are viewing this thread

John W. Hamm said:
My issue is that when I go into batle everything goes into slow motion and I have to alt tab and re-enter sometimes it works but most often it does not and the game crashes.

It can be a configuration problem.
Have you read here:
Link: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,127609.0.html

and here

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,183782.0.html

?

I don't know is this normal or not.

WSQAE.jpg

This lord don't move anywhere and stand still near the city. I asked him what his party doing here and he answer that he is accompanying himself.

I noticed a bug on my game yesterday, sorry I do not have a screeny, I am not sure how to take one.  Anyway, I was with the Drummon, and there is a small kingdom to the north that my kingdom is at war with.  They had one city left, which I captured and kept for myself.  And this kingdom just to the north of Drummon was left with no towns / villages / castles.  However it seems they still exist in my game, and are not destroyed, this is at least 100 days after they lost all their holdings.  At one point I got a message that they were an army near one of our towns, which really shocked me because I thought we were not at war with anyone.  So I go and check and that faction had their only 4 lords with rather large armies sitting in one of our castles. 
So basically the bug is this, an enemy faction with 4 of their lords was sitting in one of our castles, that we had captured from them previously.  They were not sieging it, they were just sitting in it like they owned it haha.  I was able to enter the castle and go into the Hall, and talk with them, and of course they all talked me like an enemy and that was it. 
I eventually got bored and left, I think eventually they left, but they are still running around somewhere because I never saw any message about them being wiped out. 

Sobakozoid said:
I don't know is this normal or not.

WSQAE.jpg

This lord don't move anywhere and stand still near the city. I asked him what his party doing here and he answer that he is accompanying himself.

the two names are different lol

i got a bug but i think there is a simple solution to it i play a pirate i raid the caravans with my two ships  but all of a sudden i spawn on the battlefield with no boats and i lose 70 men dead because they drowned luckily i save all the time because i know most mods still have bugs in but now when i enter battles it says battle won press tab to leave  or whatever. so i cant do any battles at sea so i cant be a pirate anymore and i was just thinking could your just have the boats spawn before anything else
or make it so you can fall off the boat thanks :smile:

EDIT* just done a battle with the men i had in my lair it seems that it couldnt cope with more than two ships in the battle so i just go around with 40 men or so but the battle thing keeps popping up which is a real pain in the ass

Idibil said:
Wellenbrecher said:
I need know step by step what you did. I buy supplies and cattle and I dont get problem  :???:
I can't tell you more than what I wrote in the post you quoted.
I went to the village, they ahd no recruits. I bribed the elder for 500. When doing so, the buy menu for supplies pops up, right? I bought some meat by left click+drag. When dropping it in my inventory the errors popped up.

Like I said, I can't reproduce it either.

Greetings,

So, I had previously said that the naval warfare feature was working perfectly.  It was for a long time, but recently I've been having an issue in which my ship tries to board the enemy far too soon (when the enemy is still a hundred meters away or so).  This causes the ship to move extremely fast across the water and leave many men thrown off the ship.

This could actually just be a performance issue.  I notice that when I only have 50 men or so (one ship), the naval warfare works perfectly.  When I get 2 ships it still basically works but starts acting wonky.  When I get 3 ships, I drown every time.  Any way to tweak this?

Also, I am still getting the fast guy running around, which actually seems similar to the ship rocketing fast.  Finally, the only other bug is that after two weeks or so, many lords stop campaigning, as has been noted previously.  Some guys still march around campaigning.  But when they are defeated once, it seems, they give up on life  :mrgreen:

fief managment bug:

i gave to villages to a new hired lord . he didnt do anything so i kickt him out. now i dont have the option to give the fief back to my self only a nother lord can be  a recipient.

and i am alone ^^

Idibil said:
Sir Midget said:
A few battle issues...

1) Superman - I'm still getting troops zooming around the field. It's a bit of a game breaker as it basically ruins the battles - troops will go off chasing the 'zooming troops' around the field for the entire battle. Reducing battle size helps kind of, but the issue is still there.

2) Troops not engaging - not sure if this is a bug or just to do with AI, but I've experienced many occasions where neither side will attack. One side will approach, but not actually engage. Also, sides moving around in clusters (assuming this is deliberate tactic) but often seem to run away back and forth from each other, or one group chasing the other across the field and not really fighting.

3) Battle size - what's the max battle size you should expect to play? I'm now figuring it isn't related to the power of your machine (eg I'm running Witcher 2 almost ultra and usually have M&B battle sizer about 500-600). Had been experiencing extreme lag in Brytenwalda but solved that, so can do about 300 smoothly - however the bigger the battle the worse I experience the '1) Superman' bug.

As a note I'm running CiD, but still experienced all of this without it also.

Don't know whether these are related to the mod or something at my end, but any thoughts would be much appreciated.
And massive cheers to Brytenwalda team for very nearly the most awesome mod ever :smile:
Thanks

1) Have you a previus superman savegame? I need see this. if answer is no, I like know that battle type you see this, or it happen in alls? Sieges too?

2) I think that it is a feature that motomataru did for emulate the fear of meeting the fight.

3) There are people that run it with 400 by side and others that cannt more that 20 by side. All depende of your pc, and specially of your warband configuration and memory.

Hi Idibil,
For superman I'm experiencing it in both normal battles and sieges - seems like the bigger the battle the worse it is.  (I'm not getting it in naval battles - although in naval I am getting the strange soldiers flying off ship thing).

My pc is pretty powerful so I don't think it's performance related.

Do you think it might be worth completely reinstalling M&B in case something is corrupted somewhere? I haven't done this yet, as thought there may be another solution. I've experienced it in all 1.134, 1.135 and 1.1351 and have done a clean install of Brytenwalda each time, but not cleared and reinstalled M&B itself.

Thanks for your reply

bonzomannen said:
My problem, okay here we go. I went to a village to recruit some villagers, and it was infested with Morths, 37 of them. I only had 8 (i think) bothachs, and i engage them, and i win. Poof i get 50 renown? is this normal? im a bit of a freak when it comes to this. If this is a bug  ill have to start a new character!
Max renown gain from battle is 50, though it's unusual to see in a battle that small. Nice fighting!
bonzomannen said:
Also, Im playing on 149 percent diff, and i get minus score?
??? What minus score did you get?

EDIT: BTW we tracked down the reinforcement bug(s), so please don't report it any more.

I tried downloading and installing the 'Polished Landscapes' sub-mod, and tried merging it into this mod as instructed. When the game launches i get the following error:

'unable to open file: Modules\Brytenwalda\Resource\867_armour.brf'

I want to report strange global map npc behaviors.
First, is that more than 50%, maybe even 70% of villages are always in looted condition. It's hard to find recruits sometimes.  :smile:
Second, is that factions have a very different global map strategy. Mierce always aggressive and always capture big part of England, while East Engla always passive and loose their territories. Maybe something is wrong with East Engla lords? Or it's work as intended because of history?
One more. Several times tournaments have been twice in the same city in a row. So you won one, leave the city, then return back and saw that another tournament is began.

Sobakozoid said:
I want to report strange global map npc behaviors.
First, is that more than 50%, maybe even 70% of villages are always in looted condition. It's hard to find recruits sometimes.  :smile:
Second, is that factions have a very different global map strategy. Mierce always aggressive and always capture big part of England, while East Engla always passive and loose their territories. Maybe something is wrong with East Engla lords? Or it's work as intended because of history?
One more. Several times tournaments have been twice in the same city in a row. So you won one, leave the city, then return back and saw that another tournament is began.

nope lords are doing fine ^^.

for example mierce allways aggressive did conquer a real big portion of britan but east saexen is rollin over mierce now.  its simply game mechanics

i dunno if i have miss something or it is a bug, like i think it is. i cant move cattle around pretty anoying when try help a elder who you like to like you :smile:

Well, before I started to play this mod I hadn't touched Warband since the week it was released. Mainly because my first thought was" **** this, it's only M&B with bloom and I was stupid enough to pay for this".
So the first time I had to move cattle again, I was close to despairing because they just wouldn't move. It never occured to me to click on them :lol:
That's why I was asking.

Also, cattle follows you around. You don't have to actually "drive" them.
This may sound stupid, but did you actually move? :razz:

Wellenbrecher said:
Well, before I started to play this mod I hadn't touched Warband since the week it was released. Mainly because my first thought was" **** this, it's only M&B with bloom and I was stupid enough to pay for this".
So the first time I had to move cattle again, I was close to despairing because they just wouldn't move. It never occured to me to click on them :lol:
That's why I was asking.
I was surprised to say the least when I saw you posting here Wellenbrecher.
Didn't even think you had Warband. Now get back to off topic  :grin: 

Back
Top Bottom