BUG Reports v 1.35 (Read first page before post)

Users who are viewing this thread

bonzomannen said:
My problem, okay here we go. I went to a village to recruit some villagers, and it was infested with Morths, 37 of them. I only had 8 (i think) bothachs, and i engage them, and i win. Poof i get 50 renown? is this normal? im a bit of a freak when it comes to this. If this is a bug  ill have to start a new character!

Also, Im playing on 149 percent diff, and i get minus score?

The siege menu is not correct when I lay siege to Dorce Ceaster. The option to build siege equipment is missing...

I bribed the elder in Yr Wyn, then bought some supplies in the menu that pops up.
Got these errors upon dropping the first item in my inventory. Unfortunately I quick saved over it out of reflex, so I can't tell you if it also happens with ctrl+click.
dourcy.jpg

As usual with these errors, absolutely no repercussions as of now. But I thought I'd let you know anyhow.
As a matter of fact I can't even reproduce it.

I was wondering around early game finding companions and came across this guy who acts like a jerk.. I insult him and have to meet him at noon. He has an invisible spear. I have a fresh install of the full game. No graphical mods installed. warband is up to date. Sorry I am horrible with names. It's in the same town Im supposed to find trouble makers that.. I can never seem to find.

dudesweet21 said:
Gasket said:
dudesweet21 said:
Some of these bugs are pretty hilarious you have to admit! I suggest a Brytenwalda hilarity submod  :wink:

Awesome mod guys! The content is phenomenal!

On to the bug.. Its been mentioned previously but I'll mention it again as I don't feel there's been any clarification given about it. Lords are not recruiting new men in to their armies and will simply sit and wait in a settlement eternally. I've completely removed Brytenwalda and Warband (including saves and My Docs files etc) and reinstalled the latest Freelancer-less mod but its still there.

This is the only bug I've encountered that's game destroying, the rest of them are just comical  :grin:

Is it something that needs a bit of time to unpick or am I missing something simple I can edit from this end?

I've noticed the bug as early as 25days in to a new game so it seems like its pretty much there from the off..

Any help would be awesome guys!

Thanks!

Can someone else confirm that this is actually happening, I haven't encountered any serious bugs yet and would hate to start a new game if this is present . . .

Sorry to bump it this =)

The kindly devs are taking a look at it. With my games I've noticed that Drythen Eanhere and Ecgwald (sp's?) are repeat offenders across multiple new games. Best way to test it I guess would be to find a recently defeated lord (or enable cheats, fight a suspected Lord or two and annihilate their armies with shift+f4 (i think it is?) then use the money cheat to make get enough to recompense a peace) and just stalk them for a few weeks =) I notice with mine that they just sit in a town doing nothing, but when I asked them "what are you and your men doing?" they say they need more troops and will continue to recruit them from their current city until any further business is undertaken..

I played a game a week or so ago where the ENTIRE vassalage and king of East Engle where housed in their last remaining settlement, Grantbridge, with only 1 memeber in every party (themselves). That was about 30 days in to the game =/

Massive respect to the men upstairs tackling "Cowardly Lord Syndrome" for us  :wink:

I can confirm that! I have that problem with all Gewissae Lords.

Another bugs in sea battles:
1) when you try to land from your ship onto the ground it is impossible to do it (buttons "yes" and "no"  in option menu of disimbark cannot be pushed cause they simply do not work);
2) in siege option menu of some towns that are beyond any seas and rivers an option to attack from the sea (or something like that) is present, but it shouldnt be there).
3) During attacking a monastery you sometimes apear on a ship near the coast, but theres no any ship and so you just get drowned.
4) as I have written already theres a problem in naval battles: when ships collide they begin to twitch in different sides and your hero gets drowned becaus of this.

Bonyak said:
Another bugs in sea battles:
1) when you try to land from your ship onto the ground it is impossible to do it (buttons "yes" and "no"  in option menu of disimbark cannot be pushed cause they simply do not work);
2) in siege option menu of some towns that are beyond any seas and rivers an option to attack from the sea (or something like that) is present, but it shouldnt be there).
3) During attacking a monastery you sometimes apear on a ship near the coast, but theres no any ship and so you just get drowned.
4) as I have written already theres a problem in naval battles: when ships collide they begin to twitch in different sides and your hero gets drowned becaus of this.

Number three is a real pain, I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. However, you can also get it in some isolated naval battles in general.

Experiencing all of those bugs mentioned also...superman soldier, naval & monastery bugs etc.

Also, in my current game Brytenwalda Oswald Aethelfrithing, Ruler of Bernaccia, sits in the Capital of the Picts, Monid Crobh. His army consist of only himself and he does nothing. Bernaccia and Fortriu had never any contact whatsoever, why would he sit there in the great hall as the Ruler of Bernaccia? Pretty screwed up.

mb3hp.jpg

mb4q.jpg

mb2za.jpg

when i start a new game i will get to where you start off and when i pick the 2nd last one the game just crashes and i can play full settings no probs and i've played all other factions but this one won't work did i brake something or just a bug

Sir Midget said:
A few battle issues...

1) Superman - I'm still getting troops zooming around the field. It's a bit of a game breaker as it basically ruins the battles - troops will go off chasing the 'zooming troops' around the field for the entire battle. Reducing battle size helps kind of, but the issue is still there.

2) Troops not engaging - not sure if this is a bug or just to do with AI, but I've experienced many occasions where neither side will attack. One side will approach, but not actually engage. Also, sides moving around in clusters (assuming this is deliberate tactic) but often seem to run away back and forth from each other, or one group chasing the other across the field and not really fighting.

3) Battle size - what's the max battle size you should expect to play? I'm now figuring it isn't related to the power of your machine (eg I'm running Witcher 2 almost ultra and usually have M&B battle sizer about 500-600). Had been experiencing extreme lag in Brytenwalda but solved that, so can do about 300 smoothly - however the bigger the battle the worse I experience the '1) Superman' bug.

As a note I'm running CiD, but still experienced all of this without it also.

Don't know whether these are related to the mod or something at my end, but any thoughts would be much appreciated.
And massive cheers to Brytenwalda team for very nearly the most awesome mod ever :smile:
Thanks

i see you had extreme lag but fixed it i was wondering how you fixed it?
i recently lowered my render buffer size which reduced lag in small skirmishes but in larger battles ~100 men i still get lag spikes/.\
my machine should be able to handle this game i lowered my graphic settings to mid-low and i run witcher 2 on low setting smoothly(fps 20 up)

Adorno said:
knightl said:
the 2nd last one
You mean the starting town. In that case it's Clochair.
That scene is definitely fixed and works fine for me.
Make sure you have installed version 1.35 uploaded on July 31. I don't see why it should crash though.

i downloaded 1.35 and installed but should i delete the old one then do it or does it overwrite.

Adorno said:
It's best to delete the old installation before installing the new one.
Also start a new game.

oh i see im on W7 so my game is in program file x86 and the install put it in program files forgot to change directory its all working fine now thanks

920114 said:
Sir Midget said:
A few battle issues...

1) Superman - I'm still getting troops zooming around the field. It's a bit of a game breaker as it basically ruins the battles - troops will go off chasing the 'zooming troops' around the field for the entire battle. Reducing battle size helps kind of, but the issue is still there.

2) Troops not engaging - not sure if this is a bug or just to do with AI, but I've experienced many occasions where neither side will attack. One side will approach, but not actually engage. Also, sides moving around in clusters (assuming this is deliberate tactic) but often seem to run away back and forth from each other, or one group chasing the other across the field and not really fighting.

3) Battle size - what's the max battle size you should expect to play? I'm now figuring it isn't related to the power of your machine (eg I'm running Witcher 2 almost ultra and usually have M&B battle sizer about 500-600). Had been experiencing extreme lag in Brytenwalda but solved that, so can do about 300 smoothly - however the bigger the battle the worse I experience the '1) Superman' bug.

Don't know whether these are related to the mod or something at my end, but any thoughts would be much appreciated.
And massive cheers to Brytenwalda team for very nearly the most awesome mod ever :smile:
Thanks

i recently lowered my render buffer size which reduced lag in small skirmishes but in larger battles ~100 men i still get lag spikes/.\
my machine should be able to handle this game i lowered my graphic settings to mid-low and i run witcher 2 on low setting smoothly(fps 20 up)

Well yeah I actually raised my render buffer size to 512, I think default was something like 15.
Just followed this http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,136401.0.html
"Search for the rgl_config.txt file, located in "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband" and modify the number in "render_buffer_size" to "256" if you have less than 2GB of RAM or "512" if you have more than 2GB. Do not modify anything else!"

But I guess if you've already tried with that it may not help much sorry. The thing with M&B is it isn't the most brilliantly optimized game, so its kind of hard to tell whats causing it sometimes.

Sir Midget said:
920114 said:
Sir Midget said:
A few battle issues...

Thanks

Well yeah I actually raised my render buffer size to 512, I think default was something like 15.
Just followed this http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,136401.0.html
"Search for the rgl_config.txt file, located in "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband" and modify the number in "render_buffer_size" to "256" if you have less than 2GB of RAM or "512" if you have more than 2GB. Do not modify anything else!"

But I guess if you've already tried with that it may not help much sorry. The thing with M&B is it isn't the most brilliantly optimized game, so its kind of hard to tell whats causing it sometimes.

yea i ve tried that i ve got it on 256 now
but thank you anyway!

At some point and time or another I posted about a bug that occurred during battles where everything would slow down and I had to tab out to fix it... I also think a couple of others did as well, I waited a few day and received no reply, but continued to check in... until this last week so here it is a week later and I'm checking in and not only is there no answer... but all of my post's are no longer in the string... :shock:

Sir Midget said:
A few battle issues...

Thanks

1) Have you a previus superman savegame? I need see this. if answer is no, I like know that battle type you see this, or it happen in alls? Sieges too?

2) I think that it is a feature that motomataru did for emulate the fear of meeting the fight.

3) There are people that run it with 400 by side and others that cannt more that 20 by side. All depende of your pc, and specially of your warband configuration and memory.

bonzomannen said:
My problem, okay here we go. I went to a village to recruit some villagers, and it was infested with Morths, 37 of them. I only had 8 (i think) bothachs, and i engage them, and i win. Poof i get 50 renown? is this normal? im a bit of a freak when it comes to this. If this is a bug  ill have to start a new character!

I think that it is right, Morth are a easy troop.

Aernuss said:
The siege menu is not correct when I lay siege to Dorce Ceaster. The option to build siege equipment is missing...

Have you 1.35 of 31 of July?

Dorce Ceaster siege work well

Wellenbrecher said:
I bribed the elder in Yr Wyn, then bought some supplies in the menu that pops up.
Got these errors upon dropping the first item in my inventory. Unfortunately I quick saved over it out of reflex, so I can't tell you if it also happens with ctrl+click.
dourcy.jpg

As usual with these errors, absolutely no repercussions as of now. But I thought I'd let you know anyhow.
As a matter of fact I can't even reproduce it.

I need know step by step what you did. I buy supplies and cattle and I dont get problem  :???:

Roh said:
I was wondering around early game finding companions and came across this guy who acts like a jerk.. I insult him and have to meet him at noon. He has an invisible spear. I have a fresh install of the full game. No graphical mods installed. warband is up to date. Sorry I am horrible with names. It's in the same town Im supposed to find trouble makers that.. I can never seem to find.

Fixed

saxon80 said:
Experiencing all of those bugs mentioned also...superman soldier, naval & monastery bugs etc.

Also, in my current game Brytenwalda Oswald Aethelfrithing, Ruler of Bernaccia, sits in the Capital of the Picts, Monid Crobh. His army consist of only himself and he does nothing. Bernaccia and Fortriu had never any contact whatsoever, why would he sit there in the great hall as the Ruler of Bernaccia? Pretty screwed up.

It is a feature of Warband. When you get an enemy without possessions, he took refuge in the nearest court or similar.

John W. Hamm said:
At some point and time or another I posted about a bug that occurred during battles where everything would slow down and I had to tab out to fix it... I also think a couple of others did as well, I waited a few day and received no reply, but continued to check in... until this last week so here it is a week later and I'm checking in and not only is there no answer... but all of my post's are no longer in the string... :shock:

Sorry, I havent see your post, Which is your issue?

My issue is that when I go into batle everything goes into slow motion and I have to alt tab and re-enter sometimes it works but most often it does not and the game crashes.

Back
Top Bottom