Closed Bannerlord unlocking mouse cursor in other games

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Bannerlord is causing the mouse cursor to unlock in other games while it's running in the background. Doesn't matter if it's maximized, minimized, or in window/borderless/fullscreen.

It should not be interacting with Windows like this.

I suspect this could be easily worked around if the game had a "lock cursor to window" option, but the root cause of this issue should ideally be dealt with.

There are a select few games that do not get their mouse cursor unlocked (older Quake engine games, RAGE, Doom 2016. Typically anything that forcibly restricts the cursor to the point alt+tabbing is difficult), but most of the games I tested, regardless of rendering API, exhibit this issue.

How to Reproduce: Play another game that locks the mouse cursor while Bannerlord is running.

Media:

Note: I did testing prior to recording video, this was just a quick snap to showcase the issue. You can see mods were enabled from the brief (and broken) "caution" screen, but I tested this with a fully vanilla client freshly re-verified. I've confirmed this in multiple other games that lock cursor for mouse aiming.

Computer Specs:
GPU: 4090
GPU Driver Version: Any
CPU: 5950x
RAM: 64GB

Last edited:
The issue you have reported has been forwarded to our QA team for further investigation. We might need additional information regarding this issue, such as screenshots or videos, save files or dump reports. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

That just makes it even worse.

Bannerlord should not be causing the mouse cursor to unlock in Windows itself in applications it does NOT control. That is fundamentally broken application design.

There must have been some kind of miscommunication as to what the issue actually is, as I doubt any developer would intentionally have this defect in their program.

Back
Top Bottom