Balkan / Turkish Mace Pack (12 new maces for the game)..Released!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

That bright wood texture and mace head look nice. It looks a little weird with the dark mace head, though. Good models as always. :grin:

Septa Scarabae said:
That bright wood texture and mace head look nice. It looks a little weird with the dark mace head, though. Good models as always. :grin:

Thanks Septa...its nice to see you pop in again!

Gluck

OK, OK i know its not a mace (although i have made a new one..show later)...I decided to create a shield and (SHOCK!) even attempt to texture it...So here is one of my favorites, its a Turkish Infantryman Trapezoid shield and the reference photo.  Just for questions sake i did not rip the texture on the reference.  If you notice it has 4 'vanes' on the tail of the arrow and mine has two.  The bad news is that both the crescent and the Arrow are in Photoshop as 'shapes' (grin).  I hope you like it.  I have not added the 'rivet' so to speak on the metal edging yet and its very early but its a fun one.  Its also very LOW poly count, currently around a 100 and its also rounded like the reference (at least as much as my skill can achieve).  I will release this with Maces 2.0...

Trapezoidshield.jpg

Ottoman20Infantryman2016th20Century.jpg

Enjoy,

Gluck

Gluck, considering you have only been modelling just over a month, all I can say is .......WOW!

Gilrain said:
Gluck, considering you have only been modelling just over a month, all I can say is .......WOW!

Gilrain,

Thanks for the nice words, i appreciate it!  Its nice to be able to model and create some of the models of Weapons and stuff i have always wanted in a game.  Stand by for some more cool stuff in the future.

Gluck

M.Minkov said:
May I ask what happened with this amazing project? Is it dead?

Well Minkov,  It was dead for almost a year until about 2 weeks ago.  I had a Hard Drive crash and i have backed up all the data to a CD and am still trying to retrieve it.

Gluck

I hope to get it retrieved soon and update the pack.  It is way beyond what was done originally.  Thanks for asking!

I'm really sorry to hear about your hardware problem - this is a nightmare for every modder.

Thanks for your answer and I hope to see your new pack very soon. It really is a piece of art.

Septa Scarabae said:
It's good to see a familiar face, Gluck. I know a lot of people appreciated the original mace pack. How have you been?

Well Hello Septa,

Sorry i didnt get a notification of your post so it has set there for 5(!) months without reply, ouch.

All is very busy and it appears all my data was lost :sad:.

However, in looking at this thread none of these should be too difficult to replicate.

How have you been?

Gluck

What you sent to me is still uploaded to the M&B Repository. I doubt that is much of a concellation prize, but it isn't starting over from scratch. I've been working on a Great Helm Add-On in my spare time, when I can. Other than that, I'm enjoying the warm weather and working.

The worst part about losing the data is not just the maces (most of which were complete reworks or completely new) but the Helms, shields and such that i had not even posted of pics for :sad:

After the crash i had not messed with anythinig 3D until recently..

Has any of the data or edit methods changed since 1.0 released?

Gluck

Gluck said:
Has any of the data or edit methods changed since 1.0 released?

Not that I'm aware of. Most of what changed from v.1.0 to v.1.011 were bug fixes. I think the two of us should put our heads together and put out some helmets. I did some re-textures that would work well for a sugarloaf great helm, in either of the two (1, 2) popular styles. The spangen great helm and a decent crowned great helm are two other items on the table. Weapon variety and helmet variety.. it's what Mount&Blade needs.

..and next time, post some screenshots so we know you haven't fallen off the face of the earth, mate. It's always a pleasure to see what you're cooking up. You do good work. I had a hard drive crash.. probably six years ago, now. I lost a lot of important information and work at the time. Now, I back everything up on an external, as well as the internal hard drives. If one fails, you can fall back on the other to recover data. I got some of the information back, but the whole file system was garbled. The file names were gibberish and the dates ranged from 1946 to 2022.

OK, here it goes.  My first mace creation in over a year.  It was a quick and dirty mace that dates from the 1200's via Italy.  I used the color plate from Angus Mcbride as the source for it.  It is in the Osprey book 'German Armies 1100-1300'.

Here is Angus' drawing:

italian1200Mcbride.jpg

I took some historic license and rendered it in Iron versus the obvious Bronze interpretation in the plate.  I have yet to find a bronze texture that does weapons justice.

AngleMace.jpg

Italian1200.jpg

Hope you enjoyed it..

Gluck

Back
Top Bottom