Balkan / Turkish Mace Pack (12 new maces for the game)..Released!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

If you have been watching this thread..please return to the original post as i have changed all the original pictures to the new updated Models/Textures.  Ennjoy!  Everything is still on track for a weekend release.  I am having some problems with a few of the models as i try to import them into the game.  I will most likely need someone to do that for me.  You cant do it all!!!  Well at least i cant...

Gluck...

Excellent! I eagerly await this weapon pack, as maces are very limited at the moment in Native :grin:

Ahh the Production schedule update:

All Maces finished along with final texturing.  I have sent Kon Air a message as he has offered to enter them in a native mod of sorts.  When he has completed this i hope to tweak a few things and immediately upload for you enjoyment.  Therefore, if all goes well we should be ready to roll it out very soon.  Once again you are more than welcome to modfy, tweak and so one as well as use them in your mods as long as you give credit and message me with some info so i can check them out myself.  Stay tuned i hope you will find it was worth it.

Thanks,

Gluck...

Update:  If all goes well it should be uploaded in a day or two.  I just D/L .903 and i am encountering some CTD's (Crash to Desktops) in battles.  I want to make sure it has nothing to do with the Models and such.  I will upload some screenies.  I have also made a couple new maces that may or may not make it in.  We are having some great weather here for Jan (as in 70 degree days in the US Mid Atlantic) and i may be out some....Will continue to update...thanks

Gluck said:
Update:  If all goes well it should be uploaded in a day or two.  I just D/L .903 and i am encountering some CTD's (Crash to Desktops) in battles.  I want to make sure it has nothing to do with the Models and such.  I will upload some screenies.  I have also made a couple new maces that may or may not make it in.  We are having some great weather here for Jan (as in 70 degree days in the US Mid Atlantic) and i may be out some....Will continue to update...thanks

The slavers in BoW are eagerly awaiting their new weapons...  :smile:

NC

OK, here are some screenies.  Be aware that i have changed to a slightly darker texture on the mace heads and that these took place at sunset.  When i used the lighter texture the mace heads reflected so much they were washed out.  PLEASE NOTE:   For the most part I have tried to make the Maces the same size as the orginals and most of you know how oversized the other weapons in the game are so keep that in mind.  In the game it will use comparable lengths (in the stats that is) to the other maces even though they are not quite as long this will ensure the new maces are competitive...Enjoy

TurkishFlanged.jpg

SpreadtheLove.jpg

Spiral.jpg

Serbian.jpg

Janissary.jpg

IntoAction.jpg

ComeGetSome.jpg

Carryhere.jpg

Byzantine.jpg

Balkan.jpg

Very nice. I particularly appreciate how you put in historical notes for each weapon. If it's all right I'd quite like to include many of them in the Sicily mod, when I start work on it again.

Very nice work!

Suggestion: I think you either need more baked-in-shading (read: custom textures for each head) or higher reflectivity and some baked reflections for the macheads. They're lacking in definition somewhat, not doing justice to the nice models.

nijis said:
Very nice. I particularly appreciate how you put in historical notes for each weapon. If it's all right I'd quite like to include many of them in the Sicily mod, when I start work on it again.

Absolutely, in fact i would be disappointed if people did not use them.  Thanks for nice comments on the documentation.  I just wanted to add some historical models and am creating new ones as we speak.

fisheye said:
Very nice work!

Suggestion: I think you either need more baked-in-shading (read: custom textures for each head) or higher reflectivity and some baked reflections for the macheads. They're lacking in definition somewhat, not doing justice to the nice models.

Thanks, however, i am not a texture artist and in no way know how to go about it.  Septa created the texture that i am using.  When they are released i fully expect people to retexture and run with it.  In fact feel free yourself to retexture.  All i ask is that you post the screenies so i can enjoy the work, thanks again.

Gluck

Alright Guys..i solved the CTD problem.  I had just installed .903 and it was related to video drivers.  I had to use a modded .INF file to get it to run but everything else is fine.  I will upload hopefully tommorrow night.  I need to zip files and make the readme and such.  The current 2 new maces i am working on i will texture and upload as an update to the 'maces mod' in a few days.  The new maces are a new Russian and a Finnish Mace.  Both are unique and interesting.  For my next trick i am working on new Medieval helmets for Medieval Scandinavia (read that Nords) which are a Time step ahead of the ones in the game (The current ones being 'Viking' orientated and the mine being 12th-14th century timeframe) and are in some cases very distinct from all other european helmets.  The Russian / Balkan Helmets are very interesting indeed as well.  When finished i may combine all of this into a new complete file but that is a few weeks away. 

Gluck

cool maces, a welcome addition to piles of custom swords and axes that everybody else has made!

Ready to upload..i am just waiting on the approval for request to upload on the unofficial repository of M&B Files website.  Hopefully i will get that yet tonight and we are good to go......I look forward to your new textures and model enhancements to the items.....I will post when its ready for download....

A New Russian Mace from the 1400's that will make it into the next update....

This one is illustarted in Ospreys 'Medieval Russian Armies 1250-1500'.  Its under the belt on the wielder of a Berdish in Plate F (figure F3).  We have the Berdish so here adds the mace....

Russian1400s.jpg

Gluck

And the other new not yet released or textured mace is a Finnish / Saami peoples Bronze headed Mace from the late 13th century.  It is in Ospreys Medieval Scandinavian Armies (1) 1100-1300' book.  It is a model common to the Finns and could well have been used by the native Saami Peoples of the area (i.e. Captured).  It is shown in color plate H (figure H3) being carried in belt by a Saami Tribesman fleeing on Skis's (!) from 2 Norwegian knights.  This is the untextured Mace.  Not textured because i am finding a suitable Bronze texture at the moment.  With the large protruding spikes it may be classified as a piercing weapons in game as opposed to a blunt weapon...either way its a mace nonetheless....It is place beside the untextured Cucumber Mace for scaling purposes...

Finnishmacelate13th.jpg

Gluck

Weird that is the file i was sent and it worked fine for me? Did you Copy the Native file and then overwrite with the files in the zip???

Gluck

Back
Top Bottom