Balkan / Turkish Mace Pack (12 new maces for the game)..Released!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Gluck said:
Weird that is the file i was sent and it worked fine for me? Did you Copy the Native file and then overwrite with the files in the zip???

No, I didn't read your readme file, lol. Shame on me. I got it working.

Septa Scarabae said:
Uploaded to the Repository while you wait for upload access:
-: https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=1&id=640

Thanks!  I linked it above as well....I appreciate it!

Septa Scarabae said:
Gluck said:
A New Russian Mace from the 1400's that will make it into the next update....

That came out beautifully.

Thanks, would you believe me if i told you it only took about 30 minutes to make.  With all the maces i created i have had plenty of practice.  That mace also uses less than 200 polys i believe as well.  Im glad you liked it....
Gluck

On a slightly different note....Here is a hand Pavise shield i am working on.  Sorry the texture i created in 5 minutes (i hate texturing)....And the shape is not complete but it is based on a Lithuanian Shield....  Its a smaller than the round shield.... I have tried to keep the poly count lower (under 200) and later Rely on a good texture (Otherwords, NOT the one you see here)

Pavise3.jpg

Pavise2.jpg

Another form of Hand Pavise can be seen here (it has slightly different geometry than my prototype).  Mine is the based on Eastern European design....

paveza1v.jpg

Gluck

Replaced the texture with one from RRaptor's maces and got these in the game:

Very nice ones Gluck!

Chel, could you email me that texture you are using?  Yeah looks great..Feel free to use in your mod as well....I am going to redo all the UV maps soon to take out some of the muddiness  (i had done them 'Quick and Dirty' to get out the mod)....Thanks for sharing!

Glulck

Nice job. :grin:

mace.jpg

Hey Gluck, may I use your maces for orcs in my mod?

I changed texture.
Reaches are now as described and not realistic as you made.
As you can see on the picture it is not so unrealistic, especially in compare with other staff in M&B.

(or in my mod, heh :twisted:)

nema said:
Nice job. :grin:

mace.jpg

Hey Gluck, may I use your maces for orcs in my mod?

I changed texture.
Reaches are now as described and not realistic as you made.
As you can see on the picture it is not so unrealistic, especially in compare with other staff in M&B.

(or in my mod, heh :twisted:)

Nema,  SURE! feel free to use them.  Yeah i agree that when you enlarged them they are not that out of place in comparison to the other weapons.

Gluck

HardCode said:
Fantastic work! It's nice to see the long-neglected blunt weapons get its own weapons pack.

HardCode: Thanks! and dear Lord i havent seen that  Commodore C64 command in your signature line for a decade or more (or WAY more)...(grin)... I am sure in the 80's i typed that more than anyone.... LOL!

Gluck

Gluck said:
I guess they are long enough they are Pole-Maces..Looks like a neat mod too!

Gluck

Maybe they must be a little bigest for Pole-Maces, but it is very interesting idea. Maybe I will enlarge some of them.
Would you like that I send you somewhere what I changed? But any one can pick them from my mod, so it is maybe not so important.

nema said:
Gluck said:
I guess they are long enough they are Pole-Maces..Looks like a neat mod too!

Gluck

Maybe they must be a little bigest for Pole-Maces, but it is very interesting idea. Maybe I will enlarge some of them.
Would you like that I send you somewhere what I changed? But any one can pick them from my mod, so it is maybe not so important.

Nema,

You can just put a mention of the mace pack in your mod.  I understand that anyone could pull them out but if you make a note of it thats fine...Thanks

Gluck

Well here is one of the last Maces i will make for the pack....Its an Ottoman Turkish Mace...It is featured on the front cover of Ospreys book on Ottoman Armies....  I have dulled the details down to limit the polygons but the main form is close...

OttomanMace1a.jpg

OttomanMace3a.jpg

Ottoman4a.jpg

OttomanMace2a.jpg

OK...Update....I am working on final retexturing and tweaking some of the models.  Wife and daughter have been sick so that is the cause of the delay..  HOWEVER, i have found a little bit to upload some pics of a few mods on the current models and a brand new Mace (i know i said i was going to stop adding but those Middle Eastern maces are just too Cool)...

So here we go:

Ottoman 'Janissary' Mace.  I decided to try out the 'Onion' shaped head of the 2nd prototype instead of the first and like it a lot.  So this is the one that will be in version 1.5

UpdatedOttomanMace.jpg

German 'Spiral Mace'.  After review some more photos of the prototype from different angles it was clear that the profile was more oval and oblong than what i had it.  So here is the updated Model with the new more accurate shape:

UpdatedGermanSpiral.jpg

Lastly the 'New' model....The Saracen Mace (which is featured in the Osprey book on the Saracens and portrayed in the movie 'Kingdom of Heaven' where listed as a 'War Club' - Sorry, regardless of what Hollywood says its a mace!(grin)).

SaracenMace.jpg

Here is a JPG of the Reproduction of the Movie version.  If someone wants to create a good texture for the inlaid art on this one i would be happy to add it to the Model pack...

Saracenupclose.jpg

I hope you enjoyed,

Gluck

OK, another update.  Firstly, you have to understand that i have only been 3D modeling for around a month or so.  Due to this i have slowly increased my skills (VERY slowly).  As a result i have decided to eliminate some models and add some new ones.  Here are some of the new models and what they will replace.

Here is a 'Timurid Mace'.  I am not sure the century but could generally be part of the what is collectively known as the "Age of Tamerlane".  I will include links later to a replica that i based this on.  I Have also used a dark and light Metal texture.  This will replace the recent "Moorish" mace that for me does not live up to the standard i want to achieve.  I have a new source coming in on the Moors so when i have better info i will most likely redo that one as well.

TimurMacelight2.jpg

Moretimurid.jpg

TimurMace.jpg

TimurMacehead2.jpg

TimurMacehead.jpg

TimurMace2.jpg

Next up is a complete overhaul of the Turkish 'Cucumber' Mace.  I have gone back and better matched up the original.  I think it does this class of mace more justice...see what you think.  Once again dark and light textures.

Maceheadupclose.jpg

DarkTurkishMace3.jpg

LightTurkishMace3-1.jpg

LightTurkishMace2.jpg

DarkTurkishMace.jpg

DarkTurkishMace2.jpg

Compared to the actual historical mace head here:

arab_12th_13th.jpg

arab_12th_13thcucumber2.jpg

As always i hope you enjoy them.  You will notice a new wood texture that i will be using to replace the old one in Ver 1.0.  In fact all original maces will be re-textured as well (i am about 50% done on that).

I will most likely release a Ver 2.0 update soon (i know, i know, i have been saying that but i mean it!) and then i will be adding some of the Helmets and shields i have been working on to make a bigger mod pack.

Gluck

On my game, the the mace heads have the very shiny shader (that is, the one the original strange swords had). Is this normal?

Back
Top Bottom