armours?

what armours do you think would be best suited to the mod?

• mail and light plate

Votes: 88 85.4%
  • full plate armout

Votes: 15 14.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi guys,

This is just wrong Dimos, i can't explain why this armor was labeled as William's armor but this simply can't be.
I am studying History in France and, after having asked my medieval teacher, i can tell you that there is no way such an armor could exists during the William lifetime.

Moreover, you can check this article which says the exact same thing : http://www.crusades-history.com/William-the-Conqueror.aspx
No authentic portrait of William the Conqueror exists. In the patriotic print he is wearing plate armour that was invented generations after his death.

You can do whatever you want but you just can't tell that putting a plate armor in the middle of the 11th century is historically accurate.

Regards

Sidus Preclarum said:
3) Making fun of the Moderator's posts will result in deleting them, since you have to respect the hierarchy...
Talk about dishonesty and abuse of power...
Why don't you delete YOUR posts FIRST  then? They're the one that bring the most ridicule upon yourself, after all...

Agree.
It is even surprising that your message is still here. Moderation is so active here.

wow guys what the argueing about this pieace of armour for king william?... he weared amour just like all the other soilders around him apart from he stood out from the others a comobonation with light steel armour and chain mail underneath? dunno buts that what i belive and if you want to argue take it off forums for peek sake :p...

Never mind, I know that was William's armour... No need to change!  :mrgreen:

The most I can  do is add more chain mail there, nothing more!  :mrgreen:

Sidus Preclarum said:
D1SC0 N1NJ4 said:
Mysterius said:
I know the existence of God, i met him.

then you sir are mentally ill.

Logically implying a moderator is mentally ill isn't very nice, it is "not respecting the authoritah of the hierarchy" :p

He implied nothing. It's just your mind that plays tricks on you, since the only mentally ill here is you...

Please do not post if you have nothing importand to say!  :wink:

Mysterius:

You met God?
Who are you? Satan?  :evil:

after a serios and deep research I found this ! to be proper posibilities of armors for WtC :

http://images.google.de/images?um=1&hl=de&q=norman+knight

and I believe this helmet maybe: (For Norman Nobles)

http://www.deepeeka.co.in/pcat-gifs/products-small/ah6312.jpg

Dimos said:
Sidus Preclarum said:
D1SC0 N1NJ4 said:
Mysterius said:
I know the existence of God, i met him.

then you sir are mentally ill.

Logically implying a moderator is mentally ill isn't very nice, it is "not respecting the authoritah of the hierarchy" :p

He implied nothing. It's just your mind that plays tricks on you, since the only mentally ill here is you...

Yes he did.

i did not imply that a moderator was mentally ill my good fellow

Yes you did...

Logic 101, exercise
1) you said that someone must be mentally ill to utter an absurdity such as "I spoke to God"
2) "This plate armour is the armour of William the Conqueror" is more absurd than "I spoke to God", since the later is merely awfully unlikely, while the former is plainly  incorrect.
ergo :3)  you implied  that Dimos mentally ill as well
:roll:

after a serios and deep research I found this ! to be proper posibilities of armors for WtC :

Funniest ever use of "serious and deep research" award.

And no for the helmet. XIIth century at least .

At least this is far more credible than the plate armor.
The normand heavy mail is what fits the most for William.

D1SCON1NJ4 and I are knowing each other for an amount of time... His answer implied that mysterious is mentally ill, which is  :roll: maybe true...

Sidus Preclarum and Mysterius , tell me that you are sorry, or I will lock that topic... I can't be offended that way and stay actless. Just say that you are sorry, or please leave that sub-board forever...  :???:

Dimos said:
D1SCON1NJ4 and I are knowing each other for an amount of time... His answer implied that mysterious is mentally ill, which is  :roll: maybe true...

Sidus Preclarum and Mysterius , tell me that you are sorry, or I will lock that topic... I can't be offended that way and stay actless. Just say that you are sorry, or please leave that sub-board forever...  :???:

Wtf...

Please enlighten us on what we should be sorry of...

Back
Top Bottom