armours?

what armours do you think would be best suited to the mod?

• mail and light plate

Votes: 88 85.4%
  • full plate armout

Votes: 15 14.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

maybe make it so light and chainmail are decent but plate armor is always in good condition BUT its VERY VERY VERY VERY, did i mention very?, EXPENSIVE

I think I maybe can do it, but since my new project is up, I put most efforet there for now...  :mrgreen:

D1SC0 N1NJ4 said:
i personally vote for mail and light plate as it fits in better with the time frame.

That 's like saying "A kar 98 fits better than a HKG36 with a napoleonic timeframe"  :roll:
So, the answer is "neither"
What's this nonsense about "William had plate" ?!

Here it is if you wanna see it!

dscf1580_mid.jpg

Q: What is that?
A: A plate armour!
Q: Who's ?
A: King William the Conqueror's...

Post more and in the other topics of this board, to say your opinion for the mod...  :razz:

Sorry if I disapointed you, but that was a kind of reality...

I saw that armour myself in the London tower... It is an authentic plate of the 11 century...  :razz:

Dimos said:
Sorry if I disapointed you, but that was a kind of reality...

I saw that armour myself in the London tower... It is an authentic plate of the 11 century...  :razz:

Please tell me you're joking!
THat's *obviously* an early XVIIth half-armour
There was NO plate armour in the XIth century, you certainly know that, don't you ?

Please dude. Instead of saying so just search it via google, or go to the London tower, you will see I'm not joking obviously

Dimos said:
Please dude. Instead of saying so just search it via google, or go to the London tower, you will see I'm not joking obviously

Are you for real ?!
I saw this indeed labelled thus on the image hosting site you pulled the image from, however anybody can see the label is *obiously* absolutely fantasist and nonsensical!

Not joking. That is true. I saw that before 2 years when I went to London and visited the tower of London... That armour is 100% real!  :cool:

Sidus Preclarum is obviously right...

Here is the kind of armor William wore at Hastings :

1.jpg

(Pic from the 2006 reenactment)

Putting plate armour in a 11th century timeframe is as wrong as putting a Sarmatian cataphract armour...

That is William's armour, believe it or not.  :wink:

And Sidus Preclarum, you voted plate?  :lol: L O L , why?  :mrgreen:

You two made that the fastest moving topic in the forums... I suggest that you lurk in my forums more often...

And post in the other topics as well ...

The armour you posted is from the time of the Stuarts. The owner might have been named William, but not the Conqueror :wink:

I am the one who voted plate, for fun, and because there is no good answer to the poll. If there had been a "FELIN suit" choice, I would have voted for it...

Back
Top Bottom