armours?

what armours do you think would be best suited to the mod?

• mail and light plate

Votes: 88 85.4%
  • full plate armout

Votes: 15 14.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you English? Have you been to England? Do you understand that historical changes and advance andnobody wakes up a day and invents something? Do you have any proofs or sources against? -exept that reenactement of the battle- ...  :mad: Do you know English history?

I think the anwser to all is no...  :lol: 
L o L

The answers are respectively:
No, and neither was William
Yes.
Yes, but that's actually a question WE should be asking YOU, as well as "do you think that once this guy has invented this thing out of the blue, everybody forgets about it for the 3 next centuries?"
Of course (starting with, say, the Bayeux tapestry)
YEs

Here and here.

This armor was for Edward I in the XIIIe century, so if you add this kind of armours in your mod I suggest you to add some AK-47 and one or two lightsabers too, because it will fit perfectly with the context. :lol:

FrisianDude said:
Ash_Crow said:

Why do they wear their helmets that way?

What way are you talking about?

Also I'd have to agree with Sidus and Silver, I'm not sure whose armour that is (never been inside the Tower of London) but it sure as clone-troopers-exist-in-1080 is not from this mods timeframe.

What the hell. Search in google, the armour that can be found for william is that, I saw the label saying william I of England in the tower...

So that means that: Either I was mislead by a guy that -hypothetically speaking- changed the labels OR that you have upload 2 totally different pictures... Anyways, make a poll fo that, I'll be glad to see your votes, that helps indeed ...  :razz:

PS: Post in all the board's topics please...  :wink:

Dimos said:
What the hell. Search in google, the armour that can be found for william is that, I saw the label saying william I of England in the tower...

So that means that: Either I was mislead by a guy that -hypothetically speaking- changed the labels OR that you have upload 2 totally different pictures... Anyways, make a poll fo that, I'll be glad to see your votes, that helps indeed ...  :razz:

*sigh*
What the label said, or at least implied, is  that 350 years ago, ie when the Line of Kings exhibition was first set up, as people's sense of historical accuracy, or indeed need thereof, wasn't very keen then , it was presented as such in the exhibitions, which was ridiculous to any remoltely trianed eye, including anyone living in the XXIst century and especially having access to the internet... And especially to one who went there, could read the labels, and especially the big one (there's bound to be one, like, near the entrance...)  pertaining to the nature of the exhibition itself...

The italic text is the original nonsensical label, the bloody plain text give the real date of the armour...

Speaking of which, I think  the poster of your album may have mixed his labels/armour, or the website I quoted from made a slight mistake, Silver...
This certainly doesn't look like a tilting armour, with the helm being open as it is...
This one is, with its lance buttrest and all...

In 1672 M. Jorevin de Rocheford visited the Tower and was shown not only the armour and sword of William the Conqueror, but also the great musket which he used at the Battle of Hastings, "of such length and thickness that a man can hardly carry it on his shoulders".

:lol:

"In 1672 M. Jorevin de Rocheford visited the Tower and was shown not only the armour and sword of William the Conqueror, but also the great musket which he used at the Battle of Hastings, "of such length and thickness that a man can hardly carry it on his shoulders".

Yeah and in 2009 a man called Sidus Preclarum, visited a forum, he made a bad tast joke and that's why the moderator deleted it...  :wink:

Dimos said:
Here it is if you wanna see it!

dscf1580_mid.jpg

Q: What is that?
A: A plate armour!
Q: Who's ?
A: King William the Conqueror's...

Post more and in the other topics of this board, to say your opinion for the mod...  :razz:

This is just wrong. Have a look at Osprey Campaign 013 on Hasting or at the Bayeux Tapestry if you want to get an idea of what kind of armour knights were wearing in these ages.

Sidus is not playing a joke at you. He is right.

It is a 17th c suit.
Putting it around 1066 would be like putting Abrahms tanks in Elizabethan England.

EDIT:
*This post don't make any more sense as the "moderator" have delete the funny stormtrooper post*

1) The mod takes place 20 years after hastigs battle.
2) Nobody woke up once in the 14 or so century and discovered the plate
3) Making fun of the Moderator's posts will result in deleting them, since you have to respect the hierarchy...

Make a poll for it, especially for Duke William's armour, that will help me to make it and you to play it...  :mrgreen:

Dimos said:
1) The mod takes place 20 years after hastigs battle.

and ?
2) Nobody woke up once in the 14 or so century and discovered the plate

Indeed true: And truer even is this : "nobody woke up once in the XIth century, discovered the full plate armour, which then was lost for the next 3 centuries..."
Ffs, Plate armour is the result of centuries of evolution: armoured surcoat, coat of arm, transitionnal armour, allwhyte, full plate...
Yours  is a late XVIth or early XVIIth armour, we have explained the source of your confusion to you (but you deleted half the posts relative to it : lemme put the link back up again : http://www.londononline.co.uk/tower/armouries/2/ )

3) Making fun of the Moderator's posts will result in deleting them, since you have to respect the hierarchy...
Talk about dishonesty and abuse of power...
Why don't you delete YOUR posts FIRST  then? They're the one that bring the most ridicule upon yourself, after all...

And you're losing the poll 18 to 0 atm...

Back
Top Bottom