SP Native Modern Arena gunfight mini-mod -- v6

What do you think about the difficulty level?

• Should be harder.

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • Should be easier.

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Just the right difficulty.

Votes: 34 60.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

sick reticules man, I'm lovein the new meshes to. Keep it up, I've been living on this mod since V1  :grin:

edit: i keep runnning out of ammo, and I cant find the ammo boxes, where are they?

There are no ammo boxes, I meant that I made different sized ammo for different weapons so that not all start with 40 clips.

Shotguns get 40 and 30 bullets.
Sniper rifle gets 10 bullets.
Desert Eagle gets 28 bullets.
Other two pistols get 36 and 60 bullets
MP5 gets 60 bullets
UMP gets 75 bullets.

I've not ran out of ammo a single time.
Is that the secret to winning 99% of the time? Wasting a lot of ammo? :grin:
Do you shoot as fast as possible by not letting the weapon aim completely?

Nope, i only run out of ammo with the sniper and 1 pistol, because I waste 3/4 of it trying to kill my allies on the other side of the map  :lol:

I love the new reticle.  I think the difficulty is just about right.  I win most of the time but every now and then after I've taken out all of my opponents the last one gets a lucky head shot from across the arena, it really feels like an FPS.

Yeah, I've uploaded it a while ago, right when you posted your last reply, Archer. Not sure why the link isnt working for you, try refreshing the repository page. Or try this link: http://www.mbrepository.com/modules/PDdownloads/visit.php?cid=10&lid=217

You're still killing your own team Fenix!? I think I should make a special version with player alone vs 8 just for you :grin: With the vanilla arena scene without any cover, haha.

Chel said:
Septa, don't worry, v5 is just as 'impossible' and with better graphics :grin:
The targeting reticule was a pain to get right, it would always overlap into some egg shaped thing.

It doesn't seem any tougher than v.3. I actually ended up switching back to v.3, because I prefer the quicker paced combat.

Occasionally it is kind of annoying when I still have 2 or 3 guys left and there's only 1 of the enemy, either I kill them or get annoyed when they shoot the last guy :razz:

BTW, are we all on the same difficulty? I use normal damage to player and good ai.

Is it possible to make a gun that has a high starting accuracy (like most guns, where you begin to aim, right at the beginning your accuracy is about 1% but this guy would start around 75% or so) ? The best way to simulate of an automatic weapon I can think of..

that was... quick..

*installing*

hmmm.... :???:

it's ok. the problem is the supid spaws, where there's 4 enemy's who can see you, and you can't get to any cover without them haveing two or more shots. this basically atmatically makes you loose, and loose your money.

also, the sniper towers seem to ruin the aspect of the game that the shotgun is designed for, sneaking around buildings and going from behind. but now that there' the snipes, you can do that, and have to participate in a longrange standoff, with a weapon that couldn't hit the side of a barn a 100 meters.

There's almost always cover. If there isn't, shoot someone and run.

Also, Chel, I think you should give the arena fighters CS names. Just the characters, the others should be "Easy bots" "Normal Bots" and "Hard Bots"

Suggested names:
leetpak44
zomgstufr89
noobkiller35 (dranton's a *****)
teh1337 (For Xerina, since she keeps killing herself somehow.)

Septra, v5 is definitely harder than v3. Also I slowed the player speed so that you could not run up to them shooting and force them to stop aiming and pull out the knife. If I make the scene with long streets where there will be more room to run, I might increase the speed.

Gerec, I think the accuracy behavior as you aim is not possible to change, so I don't know how to make the type of gun you desribed.

pete, if you've got a shotgun you can try walking up to the sniper tower to get closer.

Archer, thats a good idea, I'll look into it.

Merentha, yes, some characters sometimes spawn on both teams, I don't think that's a big problem though. Can just change the names and you won't even notice it.

bobothechimp said:
In the next version, could you turn down the volume of the player hit sound? I think it is currently is much too loud.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. *grin* I edited the volume immediately after downloading it. :razz:

-: http://www.scarabae.calradia.com/fl_pistol.wav

Just replace the current one in ../modules/cs/sounds with that one. Should help some.

Septa Scarabae said:
bobothechimp said:
In the next version, could you turn down the volume of the player hit sound? I think it is currently is much too loud.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. *grin* I edited the volume immediately after downloading it. :razz:

-: http://www.scarabae.calradia.com/fl_pistol.wav

Just replace the current one in ../modules/cs/sounds with that one. Should help some.

Sorry if I wasn't specific, but I meant the voice when the player is hit, not the gunshot. The "I'M HIT!!!! NEED SUPRESSANT FIRE!!! scream.

The only time that bothrs me is when I'm facing off against some swadian knights on horseback, and the horse hits me with a charge, and I scream "I'm hit, need suppressing fire", or whatever I say  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom