Anyway to make the game easier by lowering troop numbers and not player damage

Users who are viewing this thread

TheKommissar

Recruit
I love this game and the original, don't get my wrong but the difficulty is really high in my opinion.  So high that I usually have to resort to cheating to prevent being completely wiped out.  What I am looking for is a way to edit the troop numbers so we don't see a King with 200 men, but maybe 100 and a Lord with maybe 40.  I don't power game so most of my time with the current game is spent fighting bandits and joining a large battle with a Lord when I have a couple ally Lords backing me up. 

Also what does Campaign AI do in the difficulty options?  I can't figure that one out. 

Thank you for the help, and I know ahead of time I will get plenty of responses telling me to learn to play  :oops:

I sorta agree with that suggestion actually, as an "option", to keep it like it is in the beginning. As a mercenary company, you can recruit 20 units, as a lord, you can have 40, as the marshall, you can have 80, and as king you can have 120.

I think they can be tweaked, but I don't know how and I cant remember the thread.

But try to search for "Troop tweaks" or something like that.. Or "Party size tweaks"..

I'm pretty sure it's possible.

TheKommissar said:
Also what does Campaign AI do in the difficulty options?  I can't figure that one out. 
Campaign AI decides how the enemy will attack your faction. On poor Camp AI enemies won't attack with huge armies too often (also, but i don't know if it was intended, when I defeat many enemy lords they are starting to raid my fiefs and besiege my towns and castles before anything else).

stygN said:
I think they can be tweaked, but I don't know how and I cant remember the thread.

But try to search for "Troop tweaks" or something like that.. Or "Party size tweaks"..

I'm pretty sure it's possible.

searched and found a post about something called TweakMB that is supposed to work with warband.  Looks like this may be what I am looking for, thank you!

actually TweakMB is really nice, but I don't see anything that effects other lords and kings, just my base party size  :sad:

TheKommissar said:
actually TweakMB is really nice, but I don't see anything that effects other lords and kings, just my base party size  :sad:

Just an FYI, tweaks for the AI lord party sizes will be added to TweakMB in the near future  :mrgreen:

if you download morgh txt tools you can adjust the number of troops lords use, and what type of troops they take - lowering the numbers will cause all lords of that faction to have less troops

each lord has their own recruitment script which determines how often they recruit, unsure what its based on - but this determines the amount that lord will have

kefka95 said:
TheKommissar said:
Just an FYI, tweaks for the AI lord party sizes will be added to TweakMB in the near future  :mrgreen:

You're spoiling us.  :smile:
:coughHorsesInLoot+1cough:  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom