Age of False Innocence 1stEPI Submod -Update 5/24/11-

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some balance changes and bugfixes.

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2908

V1:

-Artillery removed due to uselessness and crashing, replaced with pikemen.
-Guns are not usable on horses, only swords and lances.
-Spontoons are 25% slower.
-Cuirassier body armor reduced by 20.

v2

-Muskets without bayonets have accuracy increased by 5%.
-Carbines without bayonets have accuracy increased by 3%.
-Removed pikemen.
-Added Sappers. Use two-handed axes, and are all-around badasses.

How to install:

1. Install Age of False Innocence v1.7
2. Download the .rar, put everything inside it in the AoFI v1.7 folder, overwrite.
3. Rename the AoFI v1.7 folder to AoFI1stEPI 2

Pistols should be allowed on Horse back seeing as they're Horse Pistols!

Azrooh just put this here if you wanted to download it and play with us.  We've made changes based on what we wanted the game to be like.  We're open to suggestions, but in the end the changes that are made are going to be the one's we want.  No firing on  horseback is one of them.

mounted gunner fags are worse than horse archers. i remember when this mod was still alive there was a guy that just carried around 2 pistols, no sword, and he had the highest score on the server.

Sorry to say, but I see no reason to remove the artillery system. If you consider that it's useless, that doesn't mean others won't use it. Personally, I'm a very good gunner.

It was more the fact that it crashed the server if you selected artillery in the first round rather than any prejudice against artillery.  And yet again, guys if you don't like the changes don't play our mod.  This isn't an official mod, just a little project that the 1stEPI has made to play now and again.  This post is here just in case you want to play with us, not to debate the merits of the changes themselves.  Vanilla AoFI is still out there if you want to go play it or you can mod it yourself.

I say, WELL DONE, the changes rock, you guys rock, Ignore the complainers.
These changes make the game better all around. LONG LIVE AOFI!!

although i do think the axemen are alittle silly, are those even historically accurite?

The idea is that they're sappers.  Their main purpose is to destroy obstacles so the main force can pass through.  We figured that if there are going to be engineers, there should be sappers too.

Line_Infantry said:
although i do think the axemen are alittle silly, are those even historically accurite?

Axes were issued during sieges or when attacking fortified positions to break up defences & scare the **** out of the defenders :wink:

Well... For sappers to be really effective and useful they (or their axes) should be the only class (or weapon) capable of destroying pill... sandbags and those anti-cav barricades. THAT would add some spice. But I guess that would be a bit too much coding, am I right?

Haresus said:
Well... For sappers to be really effective and useful they (or their axes) should be the only class (or weapon) capable of destroying pill... sandbags and those anti-cav barricades. THAT would add some spice. But I guess that would be a bit too much coding, am I right?

I was thinking make them destroy all fortifications around them when they swing their axe...
But I gave up halfway in :lol:

The sappers are way weaker against players than against bots, so they're a bit underpowered. They'll get an upgrade in the next patch.

Excitement!

Oh, and as far as historical accuracy, Sappers did exist at this time.  Here is a picture of a Brunswick Sapper:

v2_c2_s20_ss01_01.jpg

Infanterie-Regiment von Riedesel was one of the Brunswick units that marched south with General Burgoyne in 1777. The sappers were tough, elite soldiers whose task was to clear obstacles laid by the enemy. They wore the mitre, the emblem of elite German soldiers, and their uniform was protected by a leather apron; they were equipped with an axe and a saw. Reconstruction by Gerald A. Embleton.

InfRegtManteuffelNr172Pionier.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom