AAR: Me, Floris | Completed | Chapter 60 & Epilogue posted (19-09-2015)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey Monnikje,  wen r u gonna post ur nxt chapter????? u promised us new battles this year :sad: still not here.. btw I was very suprisded when u decided 2 fong ur wife XD.....

with great expectations,Sergeant Axel

Captured Joe said:
Althought it was pretty dead before I bumped it with my last post... :roll:

:sad: but now its alive so maybe Monnikje will feel bad abandoning us and return..... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
If he does ill give im some pork and chickhen...

EDIT: by the way, do u no of any other aars???o_O i mean ones that are nice and finished....like dis 1 :idea:

Monnikje, I just read your entire AAR. All in one go, just a few short breaks in between. To sum up my feelings about it, I went and found my old account just so I could tell you how great I think it is. All I can say is Ive never read anything like it. I couldn't stop reading it and I got to see all that evolution from a normal, player perspective AAR into an incredible story about a character whose actually breaking the fourth wall. As I said, I've never seen anything like it. This is the best AAR I've ever seen! I love it to bits and I just wish there was more. I like both sides to it: the original normal style was exceptional, the thing about the rings way back when would have made Lord Sauron proud, and now this epic matrix thing. Incredible, it should be a book. Just to give you some more specific praise: early on your balance between showing us what your game was like and what things look like from Floris' perspective was perfect. Your mods of course are just awsome. Again, that is the best modpack I've ever seen. Your suspense in the last five chapters was just incredible-I was totally glued to it and of course I never figured it out. And now, this. You must have more imagination in your little finger than I do. To come up with an idea like that-beyond brilliant. It's almost like your character is becoming a player, if that makes any sense. Oh, and Floris' character is exeptional. Brilliant perspective on madness! (that was a compliment :grin:

Now, the last chapter has left me pretty much  :?: I never actually expect answers to these questions, but I have to ask anyways.

Is Calradia a part of this world-Earth?

What about the men who we all so carelessly kill and let die? Are they normal humans?

Honestly, HOW did you manage to go 2 and a half years without anyone attacking you? In the story you paint the picture of Hakim being a genious, but I have never, ever, seen an AI that would make a move like that. HOWWW???

How did you survive the boredom of simply leveling up and training your troops for all that time? I take it you now plan to finish the game-I can only imagine how powerful you can get after building up your power for so long. Again, Sauron would be proud! But Ive never seen the AI do anything like that. Have they really just stopped skirmishing for all this time and built up their forces?

What is Calradia? Is it a metaphysical concept-to beat it Floris has to destroy the idea of Calradia (petty warring kingdoms, constant conflict, no peace?) Or is there some kind of god who rules it?

So far you have complied with Canon through this whole story. If that is true, then Floris is just as immortal as all the other nobles. Has he realized that already, will he realize it?

If Floris suceeds, if he destroys Calradia or whatever being rules it, what happens then? Will the "demigods" (nobles) become mortal, will they have kids, will they die?

Okay, done now. Just had to get it out of my system. Congratz again, I hope that some day you'll return to this, because I'll never be able to look at an AAR the same way again!!!  :grin: 

captured joe,i have a question,im making my own AAR,and ive finished the intro,the question is how can i post pictures? ive tried copy-pasteing them but it did'nt worked,i know my AAR is not gonna be very successful like monikje's, but i just wanna make my own story,please help me out,

Monnikje, i'm big fan of Floris and i'm sad about you stopping writing an epic story like this.
In hope you didn't abandon this forever. :smile:

P.S. I know you're busy, but i will like that you add my AAR in your list of inspired by Floris. Enjoy :grin:
( My AAR = http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=260261.msg6250562#msg6250562 )

Thane_of_Dhirim said:
Monnikje, i'm big fan of Floris and i'm sad about you stopping writing an epic story like this.
In hope you didn't abandon this forever. :smile:

P.S. I know you're busy, but i will like that you add my AAR in your list of inspired by Floris. Enjoy :grin:
( My AAR = http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=260261.msg6250562#msg6250562 )

Nah, he didn't. Monnikje is quite busy in reality, as well as updating floris mod.  But don't worry, he didn't abandoned it.

I know that a lot of people are impressed by your work... but let me put it in this way... i registered to this forum just to say: "Awsome work man!" I love te references to the famous films and other things... i love it!

Edit:
I just finished the reading of last chapter... and there is only one way to describe my feeling as MaB player, amateur writer (nothing  published yet), and reader of way too books to count them... OH. MY. GOD. When i was reading the last five chapters, my backbone was literally frozen with the chills i got. I will wait for a new chapter and in the meantime... FOR PORK AND CHICKEN!

P.S. How can i get that awsome imperial armor in your mod pack without cheating?

DarkShogun417 said:
Ahhh come on, it can't be dead! Not now! Lots of people said it was dead before, but they were wrong!

Pork and Chicken!

Well, Dark Shogun, I'm afraid it is dead, although it was great to read the Floris. I may re-read it sometime later...

Back
Top Bottom