AAR: Me, Floris | Completed | Chapter 60 & Epilogue posted (19-09-2015)

Users who are viewing this thread

Anderhil said:
monnikje is currently busy with Floris mod. I don't know does he even have time to play game

I would assume he's trying his best. He has a life to tend to, as well as his modding duties ya know...

Captured Joe said:
I think Monnikje has a monstrous computer, able to allow him modding his mods.

Or laptop :smile: Once he sent me pm that he was writing new chapters while on holiday. That made me to think does he have laptop :grin:

I messaged him a ~month ago:
monnikje said:
Hello Arnas,

It's been quite a while since I updated the AAR: mainly because it's been also quite a long time since I played that game. It's still there, waiting for me to return. But as you've alreayd guessed: the mod has pulled me in, and eaten up all my time. The development of 2.5 last year took an extremely long time (around ten months), and is actually not compatible anymore with my old savegame. But I still got my old version installed, just waiting for me to fire it up and do that final Rhodok siege...

Alright. Floris is going mad, he keeps peace for over 2 years, and then amasses a huge army, holds a big, hollow speach, rides out with his mighty knights, defies the powers of nature...
only to siege one pathetic Rhodok castle. And this is going to be the final siege?!?

Captured Joe said:
Alright. Floris is going mad, he keeps peace for over 2 years, and then amasses a huge army, holds a big, hollow speach, rides out with his mighty knights, defies the powers of nature...
only to siege one pathetic Rhodok castle. And this is going to be the final siege?!?
Probably all that inbreeding among the nobles and such.

Hello,

I've just finished reading this AAR and it's quite a story. :grin: Especially the most recent part with its much darker feel, although the way Floris' sanity has been ever so slightly sidelined is a bit disturbing. Still I'll be waiting from now on to see where this goes  :smile:.

I also have a question: why have you been avoiding Towns so much? I know that elite garrisons can cost quite a lot, but some towns can be more than worth it, especially with Diplomacy. For a short time I was lord of Uxkhal, at the time the richest city in Calradia and it gave me 80.000 Denars in one week. That was quite a lot compared to Curaw, my other city which gave me about 6000 in the same week. Villages are much too vulnerable and require a lot more investment in order to make money. And on top of that the tax inefficiency is just pure murder.

Again, congratulations on a fine AAR and I hope there will be an update soon. :smile:

So... does anyone know if this AAR is going to be finished at some point or already is finished?  Don't get me wrong, I love a good cliffhanger, but it would be awesome to finally see Floris ascend to the true Calradian Throne.

Hey monnikje you made me register just to tell you i love yur aar and i salute you as the real King of Calradia please dont force me to make you face your wifes faith... Ohh wait...FATE . Btw merry christmas everyone :smile:

PS: Even if Monnikje stops posting ( Im sure all the fans agree ) WE WILL KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE ! FOR THE GLORY OF HOLLAND!

Back
Top Bottom