A mod request to get strong conquest factions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Piédalf

Sergeant at Arms
When I play sandbox, something bothers me: It's not a viking conquest anymore because Northymbre is weak and surrounded by many factions. Usualy they have weak lords because they never stop fighting, so they never conquier anything.

My idea: giving them a regular army (sort of very trong patrol) of 500 men that tries to besiege castles. Maybe wessex can also get one, because they are still a strong state, but that one would be defensive.

Something similar exists in Fire and sword: a big patroll called the "swedish army" I believe.

My problem: I don't know anything at modding. So I beg someone interested of historical immersion to take this. I hope it is not a too difficult task.

that is how modders start. They know nothing about it, but they want something a little bit different.. a small change... so they go and learn some basic stuff, they do it... and they keep changing more and more stuff until they become veteran modders  :mrgreen:

if you really want this there are ways to make a "quick and dirt" solution in a few minutes, or something very complex in "hours of nightmare balancing". Its all up to HOW much you REALLY want this.

You can learn more here  :arrow: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,347990.0.html

Or wait for the unlikely submod that will have this feature. In that scenario: probably easier if you follow a submod now and offer help (like testing, or any skill you have) to the main modder. Win win.

I do not think you would even have to have them besiege castles. Just put Northmen or Danish bandit span points in the middle of the other big factions. Adjust the span parties to be very large, and give the Norse factions friendly relations with them. The Norse bandits would be attacking villages and destroying armies of other factions. But, when you took over the territory, you would be safe.

kalarhan said:
that is how modders start. They know nothing about it, but they want something a little bit different.. a small change... so they go and learn some basic stuff, they do it... and they keep changing more and more stuff until they become veteran modders  :mrgreen:

if you really want this there are ways to make a "quick and dirt" solution in a few minutes, or something very complex in "hours of nightmare balancing". Its all up to HOW much you REALLY want this.

You can learn more here  :arrow: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,347990.0.html

Or wait for the unlikely submod that will have this feature. In that scenario: probably easier if you follow a submod now and offer help (like testing, or any skill you have) to the main modder. Win win.

Thanks, but if I want modding I would confront various problems: first, I don't have enough time. Second, I'm not comfortable with english technical vocabulary (that is important when using modding tools).
But I think adding that kind of patroll is not very complicated for a skilled  modder, that's why I ask someone interested to take care of this.
However, if I could get some informations about adding patrolls the way it works in F&S, I may work on this.

Hello, Im an aspiring modder who made a successful but not complete mod in warband that I did not release, was private because I built it based off of Silverstag and I cannot re-release someone else's work without their permission and didnt want to anyhow. Point being im collecting ideas on a mod that Ill be starting soon for VC RE and im looking for good ideas or fresh ideas like the one you guys are talking about here. I may very well consider doing this wandering army but i have no testers if i go forward with doing this. Would you be a tester Piedalf if I added this function to the mod?

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom