1.02v Bugs Compilation Thread (Screenshot Intensive)

Users who are viewing this thread

PrinceNaga

Veteran
Update: (08/21/13 11:09AM)

I am adding numerous reports throughout the forum, and am going to check out the Nexus comment section eventually today as well. I made a new section for 1.03v bugs regardless if they were prior versions.

Since DrTomas & kuakik make themselves known in the list via the usage of Red colored text and Strikethrough, I will make my check-offs in Blue colored text, if I discover in posts some bugs no longer occur within 1.03v.

Thank you!

-PrinceNaga

-----Thread Intentions-----:
To help out DrTomas and Kuakik, I have created this thread which is now stickied to help centralize our bug reports for 1.02v here, so it is one single place to sift through.

With numerous findings in the forum, I want to include everyone's contributions here into the OP to present an organized list that'll be updated daily since I have much free time on my hands. I am inserting reported problems from other threads as well, with the associated messages link, quotes, screenshots and videos in their posts to provide first-hand sources untouched. Since many threads and pages have discussions develop from their reported findings.

It is great numerous threads are created despite an official one available, such as suggestions and bug reports because they sometimes need an appeal to be noticed and separate to focus attention and discussion. They're valued also, and because of this many bugs have produced multiple discoverers, which are amply credited to.

And lastly, I will give credit to every bug report too so DrTomas doesn't have an excuse to not knight us peasantry. ;P
--------------End-------------

----------------1.02v Bugs----------------

1. Companion Duplication Glitch: wolfgary

2. Mongol Camp Incorrect Costs & Broken: Arszi
Fixed. However the camp can take a while to travel to it's destination. That s intended.
Arszi said:
Mongol camps are broken in many aspects:
1, They take more money, when you hire them, as they say.
2, Does not move to the vicinity of your fief.
3, They take the money, but does not return units.

Some scenes are bugged, the AI does weird things during siege.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,282049.msg6715614.html#msg6715614

3. Archers "Transfer" into Infantry Pool During Siege: Demidekidasu fixed

4. Horse Archers Can't Perform Horse Archery: hayreddin, robindelang2, Drakken, Jason L, Arszi
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,281860.msg6712785.html#msg6712785

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,281890.msg6713362.html#msg6713362

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,281890.msg6712909.html#msg6712909
Jason L. said:
I already posted but since there is an apposite thread:
1) When one is serving as a soldier in a lords army and takes the "two weeks leave" if he returns earlier the quest of returning in duty in time fales et the end of two weeks and he receives a message for that . It doesn't appear to effect the game though (as far as I know).
2) the horse archers should ride around the enemy NOT clockwise but the other way to be able to shoot arrows as they can not shoot to their right . I noticed only some cavalarii so far, that where turning right and just couldn't use their bows ..
keep up with the good work...
Arszi said:
2) the horse archers should ride around the enemy NOT clockwise but the other way to be able to shoot arrows as they can not shoot to their right
Yes, I met with that one too. Some of the "horde" just cjanged direction at the middle of the map far before the enemy. Some of them turned left, some of them turned right, and the others went straight ahead.

5. Possible Crusader Ex-Village Bug: Divilly
Probably pre-1.00 bug

6. AI Exhibits Behavior Of Backpedaling Archer's And Lord To Edge Of Battle: Batko

7. Siege AI involving Player's Is Broken; Stuck, Won't Use Bows, Pathfinding Due To Scenes: Drakken Not enough information on bad scenes (need screenshots and battlesize info). Attacking archers are not suppose to use bows and are forced to use melee (native mechanics). Making them use bows, can make other bots stuck as in 1.01.

8. Various Minor Bugs & Historical Mistakes: Mkhedari
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,282157.msg6721670.html#msg6721670

Mkhedari said:
Great idea, PrinceNaga!  We need this.  I'm just worried about pestering Doc Tomas.  He's been trying to get out of modding.  But if he does want to fix the bugs, then excellent!

Anyway, here's a list of issues for 1.02:

• The Rus' Litchina helmet still has messed-up textures.
  • The Mongol bow turns into two bows when drawn:
    650DCAA1A7DF84358F0E6FA1B0A30C62778C98DD

I think that due to the new archery animation, the arrow nock sits a few inches away from the string, especially with the Mongol bow, so someone tried to make the Mongol bow draw further back.  It's not visible in my poor screenshot, but the "inside" bow in the glitch is more strongly bent than the "outside" bow when drawn and its string is more angled.
  • This may have been intentional, but garrisons seem to be smaller now, so that towns and castles change hands constantly and whole factions are wiped out in days.  The Welsh especially are always overrun almost immediately; it happens so quickly that there's no time to get enough renown to join and save them.
  • Peasant rebellions are a load of fun, but in my game they always spawn right around Cairo regardless of where the peasants are from.  Genoese, Irish, Mongols, Maghrebis, all spawn in Egypt.  While this makes them easy to find and keeps them from getting exterminated before you can locate them, it's a bit odd.
  • North African troops often spawn with African hands and helmets/heads to make them look black.  But most Berbers look kinda white or Mediterranean, so it's confusing to see them being almost all black.  Likewise, Kurdish mercs always have African faces and sometimes even Georgians do!
  • The models for Cataphract armor and Byzantine Heavy Cavalry Armor are mixed up.
    FECA72E60BBF83792C9B56D89CA7E8707CAFCFAE

31BEB607CDD4EDAD724A950062FD41AC990BD783

9. Multiple Skin Bugs & Marakesh Scene Bug: RafaelCruz Not enough information on bad scene (need screenshots and battlesize info).

10. Freelancer Mod "Two Weeks Leave" Bug: Jason L  Freelancer mechanics works as intended or wait till freelancer update.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,282157.msg6718747.html#msg6718747
Jason L. said:
1) When one is serving as a soldier in a lords army and takes the "two weeks leave" if he returns earlier the quest of returning in duty in time fales et the end of two weeks and he receives a message for that . It doesn't appear to effect the game though (as far as I know).
2) the horse archers should ride around the enemy NOT clockwise but the other way to be able to shoot arrows as they can not shoot to their right . I noticed only some cavalarii so far, that where turning right and just couldn't use their bows ..

11. Giving Back Fief's Prompts "Nevermind" Response Bug: Arszi, DerHerbst Fixed
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,282157.msg6719060.html#msg6719060
Arszi said:
You can't give back fiefs. After your ruler asks which one, you automatically say "never mind".
DerHerbst said:
Arszi said:
You can't give back fiefs. After your ruler asks which one, you automatically say "never mind".

I've also encountered this +1

12. Pisa Siege Scene Bugged: Federico Not enough information on bad scene (need screenshot).
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,282157.msg6720917.html#msg6720917

Federico said:
Pisa's siege scene is "bugged"

When you take the wall and go to the city center, you can't pass an arch, and even the enemy can't pass it.

But you can retreat and rejoin the assault until you kill them all

13. Harlot Price Bugged, Plummeting To Elevating Player Renown Score (Credible Screenshot): Demidekidasu Fixed
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,282157.msg6720937.html#msg6720937

Demidekidasu said:
Something I forgot to mention...

When you talk to one of the prostitutes ("Madame") in a tavern and ask her to "please" your men, the price she quotes you is always a negative number and your cash balance doesn't change if you accept.

I think it might have something to do with renown. In 0.97b I noticed the value gradually decreasing over time as my renown grew and it eventually reached the point where it is now -200 or so.

Screenshot:

mb_warband3_zps3785ac75.jpg

14. Unusual Escape Bug Preventing Routing Soldiers Leaving Every Tenth' Battle: Arszi as far as I am aware, the routing mechanism is largely controled via the engine it self. So there's probably little I can do. Reinstalling full warband 1.158(whitout patches) can help, as patching has caused various bizzare and strange problems before.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,282157.msg6721115.html#msg6721115

Arszi said:
During battle only one enemy soldier survived, and he tried to escape. He wasn't able to leave the battlefield, and started bunny jumping (more like the biotic charge in Mass Effect 2 and 3) at the border of the map. With every jump he jumped approximately ten meters into a direction. (Maybe the AI realized that can't escape at a coordinate, and began to search for another escape path, but failed again and again, because of the invisible wall didn't let him trough, despite is should have let him trough...) My soldiers weren't able to follow him, he "flew" too fast. After some time I managed to shot him down. I never saw this bug before.

Edit: I encountered this one many times now. From every 10 battles one ends with this. And the best: once two soldier started bunny jumping, into to center of the map, and they died by fall damage. I hope DrTomas implements some kind of exorcism mechanism, because these balt people are possessed by the Devil himself...

15. Funded Crusades Crusader's Menace Their Own Papacy & Village Bug: Vendayn
(I'm Confused & Issue Seems Very Complicated -Naga)
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,282157.msg6722621.html#msg6722621

Vendayn said:
Ah, a bugs thread. This is copy pasted from my Papal States thread with some changes

Funding crusades and crusaders are rather buggy.

Funded them...they (the crusaders) attacked the papal states and a lot of the other factions around them. Not the cities, but just the caravans and chased after the lords...of the papal states..among other lords of other factions

Finally they (again, the crusaders) took over a castle, it auto went to me. But the village now belongs to no one, none of the papal lords even mention it and I can't do anything in the village.

16. Lost Battles Prevent "Press Tab" Feature, Won Battles Do Not: Bluehawk I bet this report is from othr version, i have never experianced it myself in 1.00+. However added an extra check to be safe.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,282157.msg6722767.html#msg6722767

Bluehawk said:
After losing a battle, I couldn't leave the scene because even after being told to "press tab" it would reply "can't flee, enemies nearby!" It's alright if you win, of course.

17. Welsh Cyrmy (Cymru) & Papal Crusaders Break Peace Agreements By Unit Relation: stevehoos
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,282157.msg6723114.html#msg6723114

stevehoos said:
One thing I noticed is when I edited England's faction relation with the Welsh before beginning, the Welsh said they were not at war with the English, but the English said they were at war with the Welsh. So the cyrmy (or however you spell it) are part of the Welsh( not exclusively), but are always fighting the English making it impossible for a treaty to ever work at this time between the 2 factions. There is noting I can do in the editor to change that. Same thing is happening with the little crusader armies against the mamluks;. At the current time, unless you edit the mod, the Mamluks will not survive early as the crusaders and mongols eliminate them. I hope we are trying to get away from linear results, this is very much that. The only way to attempt a workable game right now is to edit some factions relations to have peace. But as soon as a war starts the garrisons lose more than half their troops and capitulate; they are filling up as they should be during times of peace, but depleting so rapidly during a war that they are easy targets. The Welsh garrison at Abberfraw starts out around 600-700 in peace with the English, then immediately dips below 350 at war time. The garrisons are being depleted (as a war starts) without any attacks on them taking place, within a matter of days, making the game play far too easy for attackers. Germany took Paris out in the first month because the French garrison had only 389 soldiers in it. The pace that things are happening at is out of control. Factions losing 2 cities within a week etc. 

The release is flat out awesome, but there are some really crippling issues with balance. Wish we would have had more time to beta test this.  :grin:

18. Towns & Castles Deplete Half Their Garrison During Wartime Consistently, Breaking Games: stevehoos Fixed
(I've realized this to when it came to the Welsh, I believe it must be due to AI Marshaling Armies, or Lance Recruitment, but they're "invisible" so to speak till levied -Naga)
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,282157.msg6723114.html#msg6723114

stevehoos said:
One thing I noticed is when I edited England's faction relation with the Welsh before beginning, the Welsh said they were not at war with the English, but the English said they were at war with the Welsh. So the cyrmy (or however you spell it) are part of the Welsh( not exclusively), but are always fighting the English making it impossible for a treaty to ever work at this time between the 2 factions. There is noting I can do in the editor to change that. Same thing is happening with the little crusader armies against the mamluks;. At the current time, unless you edit the mod, the Mamluks will not survive early as the crusaders and mongols eliminate them. I hope we are trying to get away from linear results, this is very much that. The only way to attempt a workable game right now is to edit some factions relations to have peace. But as soon as a war starts the garrisons lose more than half their troops and capitulate; they are filling up as they should be during times of peace, but depleting so rapidly during a war that they are easy targets. The Welsh garrison at Abberfraw starts out around 600-700 in peace with the English, then immediately dips below 350 at war time. The garrisons are being depleted (as a war starts) without any attacks on them taking place, within a matter of days, making the game play far too easy for attackers. Germany took Paris out in the first month because the French garrison had only 389 soldiers in it. The pace that things are happening at is out of control. Factions losing 2 cities within a week etc. 

The release is flat out awesome, but there are some really crippling issues with balance. Wish we would have had more time to beta test this.  :grin:

19. After "Train The Peasants" Quest, Village Razed Regardless Bug: Yarpen93
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,282430.msg6722847.html#msg6722847

Yarpen93 said:
Hi people, me again. I don't know if it's intended, but I'm doing the typical "train the peasants" mission, but after winning the battle the bandits loot my innocent village anyway (I reloaded 3 times). Soooo.... is it a bug or my servs are doomed?

Edit: Well, hell. It seems I must be really unlucky, reloaded once more and now the only one dead are those pesky bandits.

20. Tabbing Before "Battle Won" Text Reverts Manor Rescue To Defeat: PrinceNaga
Saving Manor Before "Battle Won" screen appears defaults the victory to a defeat, penalizing your relationships and damaging the Prosperity of the Manor as usual.

-My Battlesize is 306.
Screenshots:

I figured it important enough, but I'm not sure why the Manor battles always state: "Reinforcements have arrived". And, in my personal opinion,
I feel the distance between opposing forces is to small, there should be greater space so player's and AI have more time to strategize.

Checking to see if all enemies are dead:

The following screen:

Even after I won, Tabbing to early produced defeat for me, and the following consequences:

Map screen with log:

21. Infinite Weekly Costs Bug Occurs In Numerous Places: minor reverence, or due WSE.
When I access the Party screen inside certain settlements, it balloons to over several
trillion, an interesting Bug lol. But yet never takes actual effect.
-My Battlesize is 306.
-Screenshots:

--Pula Castle:
--Strasburg Castle:

--2nd Test, I changed Battlesize back to Native 150, and Quickstarted.
To Note: I QuickStarted twice after I filled in Character points, and yielded
160 Senior Knights in doing so, and 40 Welsh Archers too. I am over the total amount
of soldiers I can field.

I tested Villages and a single Castle, and even Cheated for Interior in the Castle,
and the bug cropped up again, even inside, or outside, depending where I was standing and/or
most likely where the camera was facing. I am beginning to strongly believe these numerous
numbers displaying in the Party Weekly Costs is related to script code within the mod, in that
perhaps the script isn't being read correctly, it just throws those digits out there. I am
putting this theory forth because I've looked at the logs during testing curious of the SVN
Updates being done, and I've seen in all those files those endless streams of digits. Many grouped
up, without meaning, to me anyway...

Battlesize DOES NOT factor into this bug. Completely verified.

Facing my camera this way to find out if the bug occurs:

The Bug didn't pop-up:

Brought The Army in via Cheating to see if it influenced it, but it has no influence.

Now the Bug occured:

I have 22 screenshots of this ordeal, so I can state without further evidence that it is as such.

22. Companions Change Face On Certain Helmets:
Various Helmets are exchanging different facial depictions from that my Companions, but
when there is no helmet equipped they revert back to their original face. Also, some helmets
DO NOT produce this bug as well.
-My Battlesize is 306.
-Screenshots:

Original Face:

Changed Face:

Mkhedari said:
-The Turkoman Hairstyle headpiece removes all facial hair.

23. Merchant Caravan Quest Doesn't Display Time Remaining Clock: Native YAY. Working as intended
(1 Screenshots)
Merchant Caravan Quests no longer display the time remaining clock code as do the other Quests.
-My Battlesize is 306.
-Screenshots:

24. Kept Fief After Returning From Crusade: Fixed
(2 Screenshots)
I abuse the Crusader mechanic by occasionally using it to lower my Mercenary and Lance costs,
which is perhaps an issue itself, but doing so, after I came back to the Venezia Repubblica,
I still kept Jaffa which was given to me by the Holy Land. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, because
I was simply granted the Fief due to not possessing one during my "vacation" with the CB Faction.
-My Battlesize is 306.
Screenshots:

Character Screen:

Got paid rent from both too:

25. Settlement Guards Display As Enemies On Minimap: It's due game/quest mechanics. Not a bug
(5 Screenshots)
--Pula CY (Venice):
--Strasburg (Papal States):

It appears to me that ALL settlements are displaying this particular bug, as I see no further reason in
continuing to search out every single one perversely.

-My Battlesize is 306.
Screenshots:

Minimap 1.

Minimap 2.

Minimap 3.

Can't Hit Them.

They Don't React.

26. Settlements Are Losing Garrisons Due To Lack of Food Supply:
  Fixed
(5 Screenshots)
-My Battlesize is 150.
Screenshots:

Many members here have made remarks concerning Faction settlements garrisons dwindling steadily overtime to at least half their total size, and I believe I found out why. During my Quickstart session, the Debug initially displayed that Pamplona had lost meager amounts of troops due to attrition of every unit type garrisoned there.

1-2 Days later in the session, so many settlements incurred the bug that the Debug text box vanished on the Map screen, till I checked the Recent Messages log which could only save so much. Every Faction involved in war, each settlement of theirs lost dozens or multiple soldiers from each stack present, "due to attrition".

I assume DrTomas knows more about that, otherwise all I could suggest to alleviate this bug is simply fixing it by giving all settlements including Player's ones and their Supporter's, infinite food supply, or much greater portions to maintain the Siege mechanic.

I checked to make sure, since the Debug screen for Faction Relations is just to annoying, but Kingdom of Navarra was NOT at war with anyone, and yet its garrison lost some troops anyway. It appears however, that Faction's AT WAR are bleeding garrisons everywhere.

--Additionally, I discovered within Debug log that two Lord's could not pay the wages of their Party, leaving them at meager negatives in my analysis.

Lack Of Wages:

Numerous Attrition:

Numerous Attrition:

Numerous Attrition:

27. Curonian's and Jotvingian's share the same Banner: Working as intended
(2 Screenshots)
Screenshots:
Curonian's Flag:

Jotvingian's Flag:

28. Isn't City Bandit Quest Disabled? Still Triggering:
It is. It's due other mechanics - working as intended
(2 Screenshots)
Screenshots:

Infestations. I personally couldn't access them, when I tried entering the town at night, so I gave up.

More Zerg Infestations.

29. Swedish Mountains Visual Errors:
(3 Screenshots)
Screenshots:

That great dark line with the tundra surrounding it must be some mountainry.

I had to lead around that in order to catch some bandit scum.

Although I did not test this area, since I was busy pushing Caravan goods (I know, laziness), but it appears to be similar to the un-elevated mountain above in SE Sweden.

30. Endless Pit & Ground Flickering Glitches:
Some fixed, others are not - because it's a minor issiue and the time needed to fix it is too expensive.
(21 Screenshots)
Screenshots:
I visited a Manor not of my ownership, and tested this vigorously.

1. Falling starts here:

2. Falling continues:

3. Grassland Popping Up In Seneschal Room:

4. Grassland Blocks Popping Up In Front Of Windows:

5. Falling Pit Here:

6. Just An Edge Up And Continuing:

7. Next Floor Pits On Edge of Platform:

8. More Pitfalling Next Level:

9. More Pitfalling Going Up Towards Roof, Rising Up To Dress:

10. More Pitfalling Near Roof:

11. Endless Falling On Tower Cement, This Side Of The Structure:

12. Surfing, or Parachuting, Here The Most:

13. Riding A Donkey Here:

14: More Falling:

15. All The Way To This Funny Roof Here:

16. More:

27. And More:

28. I fell through the roof after jumping on a lower structures roof:

29. Might as well show the grass glitching while I'm down here:

30. The Top and Right board sections flicker funnily, the wood stretching a bit across it or something:

31. Inaccessible Constantinople Prison & Flying Soldier Issue (Another Bug Report States): madmaximillian Constantinopole fixed, dunno about the flying soldiers.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,282157.msg6723296.html#msg6723296

32. Candia Prison Bugs: VOIEVOD
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,282157.msg6727202.html#msg6727202

VOIEVOD said:
A bug found
In Candia I can not save a prisoner.
I threatened the guard but I can not kill him, as others.
He dont do anything, and me too can not do anything.
I can not enter in prison too, to save the prisoner.

33. No Serbian Lord Knees & Possible Roman Empire Bug?: Jason L
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,282157.msg6727215.html#msg6727215

Jason L. said:
I have to report Serbian lords with no knees at a turnament at Kotor .. I'll try to get a screenshot as soon as I can.
There is also a cattle helmet with no image in the inventory that materialaises as soon as you where it.. It's of the standard 40 protection type..
I also noticed that you don't have the restore of Roman Empire after conquering Constantinople as enlisted in a nobles army (and no varagians appear.. :sad:). It always worked so I'll have to double check.. It worked previously but I always took part in the seage as lord or mercenary..It worked at least until 1.01...

34. Khan Gift Bug (But Diplomacy Isn't In 1.02...): Arszi
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,282157.msg6727537.html#msg6727537

Arszi said:
I found a bug, but it is rather in the Diplomacy mod, and specific to the Golden Horde (In my game at least...)
The Khan of the Golden Horde usually patrols around his town and does nothing else... Sometimes he goes out of the map, where you can't follow him (Maybe he visits distant relatives in Mongolia?).
The bug is the following:
When you send gift to the Khan, and when the caravan arrives he is outside of the border, the caravans are not able to follow him (The border bounds THEM, but does not bound the Khan.). They will be waiting for the Khans return at the border. And when the Khan returns into the map, and the caravans reach him, you won't get the disposition bonus in exchange for the gifts.
If the caravan reaches him at the first try and don't have to wait at the border, you get the disposition bonus.

The other factions cities are far from the "Invisible border" so you won't get this bug.

35. Faction Elimination Bug: guto8797
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,282580.msg6725433.html#msg6725433

(Long discussion concerning it in the link)

guto8797 said:
Okay, so, i ran into a small issue and i was looking forward if someone would be able to aid me.

I played the game with the Portuguese. Initial War the emirate of Granada. We own them, however, while castille takes a castle, few seconds after we take their last castle. For some time the manor of Emirate  village shows up on the map, then vanishes. The entire emirate is destroyed. I used CTRL * T and i find no more armies, caravans, nothing. However the faction is never eliminated, why? Recently our marshall rounded all the vassals, then sitting waiting for more vassals (tough there were none). Eventually everyone goes to do its business.

Also, i have noticed that some emirate lords are prisoners in Lisbon. Any chance this could be interfering?

Now what pisses my off is this ghost faction. No cities, towns, no lords, and negates us that prosperity bonus during peace.

36. Garrisons Don't Stop Growing: RafaelCruz FIXED
(Is this in fact one of the other settlement issues already corrected?)
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,282964.msg6733035.html#msg6733035

(Long discussion concerning it in the link)

RafaelCruz said:
So... my garrison only grows.

I've changed the garrison so I could manage it myself and, I don't know if because of that, people just keep entering my garrison and I really would like them to stop.

And the chamberlain doesn't have the option of "not recruiting any one at the present time, thank you".

How can I stop this D: ?

----------------1.02v Mis-spellings & Miscellaneous----------------

1. "Minor Factions" Such As Welsh, Baltic's, Italian's, Have No Ladies: F.F.C_fritz, stevehoos Working as intented
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,282157.msg6719870.html#msg6719870

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,282157.msg6719882.html#msg6719882

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=post;quote=6719909;topic=282157.0

stevehoos said:
F.F.C._fritz said:
stevehoos said:
The Welsh have no women in their faction, as suggested elsewhere, but it is a bug.

Little factions have no women. The italians and the little balts, i.e.

Crap, they should have at least one woman.  :mrgreen:

One other thing to note. It seems to me that the town garrisons are quite small. Most towns on the map have somewhere between 300 and 400 soldiers in my game this afternoon. Either they are replenishing to slowly or not at all. Most towns in prior versions had 600 or 700 most of the time. This might be what is causing rapid expansion, It's certainly too fast. Also it is too easy to take a town, both for the AI and the player. 

Also got 2 nasty CTDs after losing a siege battle at Abberfraw (or whatever it is). CTD occurred when I entered back into the town menu after being taken prisoner.

2. Historical Accuracy Suggestions: Mkhedari
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,282157.msg6727162.html#msg6727162

Mkhedari said:
Arszi said:
Not sure if a bug: The "longer" mongol polearm (forgot it's name, maybe Hafted Blade?), the one with the ~150 length and ~75 speed can be used from horseback like a sword. I mean with the other polearms you can thrust only from horseback, but in the case of this one you swing it, like a sword. Because of the ~55 base cutting damage it deals insane amount of damage with 150 reach (almost no one can reach you without spears while you are cutting them down from safe distance.)
Apparently, cavalry in east Asia sometimes used glaive-like weapons from horseback.  Korean horsemen occasionally used the woldo and Chinese cavalry used the guan dao.  And Liao Khitan cavalry were required to own a weapon whose name was translated as "halberd", if I recall.  "Halberd" is often used as a catch-all phrase for any non-spear polearm (somewhat incorrectly).

16-masangwoldo.gif

polearm5.jpg

The woldo in particular looks a lot like one of the hafted blades in the game.  While I never heard of Mongol cavalry using glaives, other Asian peoples sometimes did, so it's certainly possible to use such a weapon from horseback.

3. Greater Armenian Presence: illapa
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,282157.msg6727248.html#msg6727248

illapa said:
Make Armenian troops available everywhere from Ermenak to Tarsus. Also Kars and Lori way out west are part of Armenia. Edessa and its holding also were part of Armenia.

In game instead we have all those areas Turkish or Arab when you conquer them. Armenian troops just disapear and become Arab. Only Ermenak and Karaman have armenian troops. I'm not saying make ALL of it Armenian but at least the area from Ermenak to Tarsus being Armenian would be nice. Thanks

----------------1.03v Bugs----------------

1. Mail Coifs Afford To Much Armor Rating: DerHerbst Working as intended - such coifs would normally have skull caps under them, so hence the higher armor value
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,282157.msg6744977.html#msg6744977

DerHerbst said:
This isn't a bug per say but I think it should be addressed in a future release:

Mail coifs should have their protection value lowered.  They currently afford the same protection as actual helmets (60 head armor).  I think a coif should max out at like 40 or so...there's no way some padded mail draped over your skull protects you as well as a steel helmet.

2. Silk Merchant BRF or Texture Error: DerHerbst
Fixed
(One Screenshot):
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,282157.msg6744991.html#msg6744991

DerHerbst said:
Another bug:

The silk merchant character has a brf or texture problem.  When I enter a tavern containing the silk merchant (a female) I get a red error message saying "warning unable to find material jewlery"  The merchant appears nearly naked with ill fitting hose...

Kinda hot tho!

p38f.jpg

3. Cannot Save Prisoners, Heavily Bugged Guards: rithe740
should be fixed
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,282157.msg6747220.html#msg6747220

rithe740 said:
I think there's a bug. I cannot save anyone from Prison.

I talk to the guard.

Do the whole boss thing. Threaten him. He calls the guard and he and the others just stand there. I can't hit them, I can't talk to them, I can't open the door. If I go around the city I will be attacked by some but I must ride next to them and nothing happens after I kill the ones I can kill. This is for every city/castle I've been to.
[/quote
rithe740 said:
4. Varangian Guard Still Do Not Appear: Jason L
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,282157.msg6750143.html#msg6750143

Jason L. said:
I must report that the "no varangian guard" bug isn't there in 1.03 .... :grin:

5. San Sebastian (Castle) Has No Siege Ladders: Hunter7
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,282157.msg6753688.html#msg6753688

Hunter7 said:
When  i did try to attack San Sebastian (Castle) there where no ladders against the wall of that Castle.

All my men where running to the wooden barrier/fence
Hunter7 said:
1ste
Custodes

I it posible not to use the Custodes.
Because they used units from your castle and see my units slinking down.
And it cost a lot to buy new units on that way.

2de
San Sebastian

When i try to attack San Sebastian (Castle) there where no ladders against the wall of that Castle.
All my men where running to the wooden barrier/fence

Sorry for my englisch

6. Tullyhogue Fort (Ireland) Spawns Attackers Within Courtyard: DerHerbst
(Two Screenshots):
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,282157.msg6755838.html#msg6755838

DerHerbst said:
I encountered this major bug when assaulting Tullyhogue Fort in Ireland.  I assaulted the castle after a few days of siege.  Attackers spawn INSIDE the castle on the courtyard!  Defenders spawn on the battlements like usual.

New defenders spawn from an invisible point inside the castle walls.  See screenshot below.  Ultimately the attacking army gets sandwiched between the first set of defenders and their reinforcements.  Take a look at the mini-map in screen 2 and you can see how my men get smahsed between the defenders.

Screen1:
ia5k.jpg

Screen2:
xfxu.jpg

7. Two Bugs; Cavalry Does Not Dismount & Join Infantry Group: DerHerbst
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,282157.msg6757119.html#msg6757119

DerHerbst said:
2 more bugs:

1 - Cavalry NEVER dismounts when I order them to.  I've tested this dozens of times and it has never worked. 

2 - when cavalry gets unhorsed in battle they DO NOT switch over to infantry designation.  I don't remember this being an issue before...it's a pretty big problem

2) the horse archers should ride around the enemy NOT clockwise but the other way to be able to shoot arrows as they can not shoot to their right
Yes, I met with that one too. Some of the "horde" just cjanged direction at the middle of the map far before the enemy. Some of them turned left, some of them turned right, and the others went straight ahead.

EdmundBlackadder said:
No bugs in 1.02 as far as I can see. I beta tested it for a week (which isn't anything relatively), but it seems all the big bugs are gone.

I'm surprised to read that, since I still stumble on quite a few, but despite being subjective, the "big bugs" are gone, for the most part. Many bugs everyone else sees aren't game-breaking, rather frustrating and reasonably degenerative to the mod's enjoyment.

On another note, nobody but DrTomas seems to know what the plans are, but its obvious he wishes to continue further till he knows that this project is as polished as can be, and I want to help them do that. Its great to see others doing the same, and hopefully our input will be used constructively for the overall enjoyment of the mod.

Arszi said:

If you're ever able, could you specify which ones, because I am assuming this is the prevalent bug that prevents the besiegers ranged-equipped troops from charging up the ramp.

F.F.C._fritz said:
stevehoos said:
The Welsh have no women in their faction, as suggested elsewhere, but it is a bug.

Crap, they should have at least one woman.  :mrgreen:

One other thing to note. It seems to me that the town garrisons are quite small. Most towns on the map have somewhere between 300 and 400 soldiers in my game this afternoon. Either they are replenishing to slowly or not at all. Most towns in prior versions had 600 or 700 most of the time. This might be what is causing rapid expansion, It's certainly too fast. Also it is too easy to take a town, both for the AI and the player. 

Also got 2 nasty CTDs after losing a siege battle at Abberfraw (or whatever it is). CTD occurred when I entered back into the town menu after being taken prisoner. 

The faction rulers never join the marshall, and just patroling around their town for an eternity... sometimes it takes 2-3 days to find them...

Arszi said:
The faction rulers never join the marshall, and just patroling around their town for an eternity... sometimes it takes 2-3 days to find them...

I've seen Henry III (England) following the marshal around several times, even joining in a siege of Dungannon, and I spotted the ruler of the Gaelic Kingdoms near York once. Have not had chance to explore beyond the British Isles yet though, admittedly...

F.F.C._fritz said:
stevehoos said:

Venezia has a lady, I'm sure, but I agree, you don't see so much *****ez in the place

maybe Silvio is hiding them :grin:

Pisa's siege scene is "bugged"

When you take the wall and go to the city center, you can't pass an arch, and even the enemy can't pass it.

But you can retreat and rejoin the assault until you kill them all

Something I forgot to mention...

When you talk to one of the prostitutes ("Madame") in a tavern and ask her to "please" your men, the price she quotes you is always a negative number and your cash balance doesn't change if you accept.

I think it might have something to do with renown. In 0.97b I noticed the value gradually decreasing over time as my renown grew and it eventually reached the point where it is now -200 or so.

Screenshot:
mb_warband3_zps3785ac75.jpg

I've seen Henry III (England) following the marshal around several times, even joining in a siege of Dungannon, and I spotted the ruler of the Gaelic Kingdoms near York once. Have not had chance to explore beyond the British Isles yet though, admittedly..
Interesting. I never saw the Golden Horde nor the Ilkahante Khan to join the Marshall. I had to run forth and back after every single enemy lord, and search for them for days...

Arszi said:
I've seen Henry III (England) following the marshal around several times, even joining in a siege of Dungannon, and I spotted the ruler of the Gaelic Kingdoms near York once. Have not had chance to explore beyond the British Isles yet though, admittedly..
Interesting. I never saw the Golden Horde nor the Ilkahante Khan to join the Marshall. I had to run forth and back after every single enemy lord, and search for them for days...

As I said, not been to that part of the world in 1.0+ yet, but could it be a coincidence? Sometimes lords decide to act independently for various reasons.

During battle only one enemy soldier survived, and he tried to escape. He wasn't able to leave the battlefield, and started bunny jumping (more like the biotic charge in Mass Effect 2 and 3) at the border of the map. With every jump he jumped approximately ten meters into a direction. (Maybe the AI realized that can't escape at a coordinate, and began to search for another escape path, but failed again and again, because of the invisible wall didn't let him trough, despite is should have let him trough...) My soldiers weren't able to follow him, he "flew" too fast. After some time I managed to shot him down. I never saw this bug before.

Edit: I encountered this one many times now. From every 10 battles one ends with this. And the best: once two soldier started bunny jumping, into to center of the map, and they died by fall damage. I hope DrTomas implements some kind of exorcism mechanism, because these balt people are possessed by the Devil himself...

Back
Top Bottom