Search results for query: *

1. Scriblerias

SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

As far as oaths of fealty go, no, there is no hard and fast pledge that I know of. Consider that random folks becoming lords is basically not a thing in Westeros, except on very rare occasions. The two oaths I know of in Westerosi lore are that of the Night's Watch, and the Seven-based ceremony involved in knighthood, neither of which are particularly applicable.

There are a couple of commoners throughout the story that become lords, and the general practice there seems to be the king, queen, or regent saying, "Hey, you're a lord," and granting them an unoccupied fief as a seat.

What Thane is obviously referring to are the titles that specific rulers have bestowed upon them, which is, obviously, irrelevant.
  2. Scriblerias

Qnevven Zolond said:
    Scriblerias said:
    You also seem to have an Intel chipset GPU, which is about as effective as not having a GPU

Couldn't agree less... You probably don't have much experience with the latest integrated GPU chipsets like Intel HD4000. When backed up with 3rd/4th generation Intel CPU and good motherboard it gives a surprisingly high performance even on very high/ultra graphic settings in games.

Off course it can't compete with the high end discrete video cards - but i'd rather not pay 500-1250USD extra if my integrated GPU can already run all the newest games on very high settings with decent performance.

I'll have to take your word on that, since I haven't known anybody with a chipset GPU since ~2001.

At any rate, I don't know why you'd pay $500 USD for a standalone card when a GTX 670, one of the highest end cards available, is ~$300, and even that card is basically unnecessarily strong (future proofing, I guess). The 680 is $500, but is only about 10% more efficient. The 690 is a laughable $1,000. Anybody that would pay more than $250-$300 for a graphics card either doesn't know what they're doing, or has a ridiculous amount of disposable cash.
  3. Scriblerias

Ramsay Bolton said:
    Will do so while I wait for it to be done downloading, is Freelancer apart of the mod?

It has been for the last few updates, yeah.
  4. Scriblerias

Ramsay Bolton said:
    Scriblerias said:
    Ramsay Bolton said:
    How powerful of a PC would I need? My specs are http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=285383&d=1373786375

Uh... well, with 3 GB of RAM and a dual-core processor, it's hit or miss whether or not you'd be able to run the game on the lowest settings. You also seem to have an Intel chipset GPU, which is about as effective as not having a GPU. I would say give it a shot, because I've seen stranger things, but don't expect it to work.
    Not even on low and direct 7?

I mean, it's basically impossible for anyone to tell you 100% yes or no. There are some people with computers better than mine that just can't get this game to work period - you can see up there, that guy has a much better PC than mine and he can't run it on high/max because it crashes, whereas I run it just fine on max settings with no FPS dips or crashing, so who knows? I mean it's like, what, a gig download? I'd just say give it a shot.
  5. Scriblerias

Ramsay Bolton said:
    How powerful of a PC would I need? My specs are http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=285383&d=1373786375

Uh... well, with 3 GB of RAM and a dual-core processor, it's hit or miss whether or not you'd be able to run the game on the lowest settings. You also seem to have an Intel chipset GPU, which is about as effective as not having a GPU. I would say give it a shot, because I've seen stranger things, but don't expect it to work.
  6. Scriblerias

Gorlock said:
    I get 120 FPS, when the game runs on max, but its will crash most of the time when you change the graphics in game. I noticed it always crashed on "Launching Game". Maybe it was the download that messed up or something? Not sure, but it is pretty fun on low anyways xD

Possibly. You could try ticking the "Load Textures On Demand" option in the settings menu - I don't actually understand the mechanics of how M&B's engine works, so it might not do a damn thing, but who knows. That's, like... one of the only technical suggestions I ever have regarding this game.

The only time mine ever crashes is if I'm ****ing around in the Florian Workshop cheat menu installed in the game - some of the item spawning screens will make you CTD.
  7. Scriblerias

Gorlock said:
    Ok,

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
    AMD FX-8350 8-Core 4.2GHz Vishera
    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3
    ASRock 970 Extreme3
    2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 FTW

I think it is the mod, it happens when you change it to Ultra-High in game, and I can only start a new game, on the lowest. Dunno who, I play all other mods at max, but I get an error code or warband.exe stops working. Maybe im launching it wrong.

Not a bad rig, though hopefully I'm not the first person to tell you that AMD has no idea what they're doing with anything above three cores. Also, I had a 670 briefly, and it was amazing, but then it turned out it was defective and it fried my CPU, so I had to use my refund on the card to get a new processor, and I'm back to my middle-of-the-road GTS 450.

At any rate, it's not your computer, but it's not entirely the mod either. It's going to react differently to different set-ups, that's just a given with any game that isn't being developed by a huge studio (and, oft times, games being developed by a huge studio). I don't know what to tell you except to tinker with the commands and, worst case scenario, the mod itself is fun enough to be played on less-than-high graphics. I myself can run it maxed with an AMD hexcore, the GTS 450, and 8GB of DDR3 RAM, at a steady 45 in combat and 60 everywhere else.
  8. Scriblerias

Boris said:
    This seems super impressive.
    Though...in tournaments how do you tell who is on your team? Seems to be all a bit of a free for all...

Sprint up to somebody and look at them. If their name pops up on your screen in green, they're on your team. Usually your allies will all be the same model, too.

Oh, question about the diplomacy lock: is it still possible to join a faction and then convince them to go to war?
  9. Scriblerias

Epicrules said:
    Pretty much, if you've exhausted your supply of poems. Then you're just pretty much down to tournament wins (Which degrade in value to them after a while) and showing up when she sends for you.

Oh. That's... that's a pretty lackluster mechanic.

Well, luckily Bannelords should be along any daoh wait.
  10. Scriblerias

Rivers said:
    You can only use a poem once per lady, some they like some they don'y

Very informative post, thanks for that - I have a question regarding raising a lady's relationship rating: say I use up all the poems she likes. What then? What can I do to raise her relationship any further? I know visiting the lady when she sends you a letter works, and winning a tourney in her city and then attributing your win to her will raise her relationship. Is that it?
  11. Scriblerias

Agrippa91 said:
    Well, according to the books the Eyrie has huge supply stores, so I wouldn't consider that a weakness.

That depends on a lot of variables - the reason that the Eyrie has such full larders during the series is that the War of the Five Kings basically never touched the Vale of Arryn. Were they actually struck by war, a razing of the lands that pay tribute to the Lord of the Eyrie and a siege camp at the foot of the Bloody Gate would entirely halt any gain of supplies to the Eyrie - while an invading army would be free to have supplies brought up the Kingsroad to feed their troops.

Also consider that, as of the end of A Feast for Crows, everybody is evacuating the Eyrie for Stone, the first waycastle along the way to the top of the mountain, as Winter is approaching and the ascent to the Eyrie basically becomes impossible for the duration of the season. While passing through the Bloody Gate at all is a very tall challenge, it's easier than ascending through two waycastles to get to the Eyrie. Harlon Stark waited out the Boltons at the Dreadfort for two years before they ran out of food and surrendered; anyone can be starved out.

All in all, it isn't a terrible fortress under ideal conditions, but with no mode of egress save for a six hundred foot drop to the valley floor, I'd rather be lord of some other castle.

Rivers said:
    FYI Cersei and her small council + the rest of the gang all stay at King's Landing after it has been conquered by another faction.

I think Cozur mentioned that these NPCs are basically placeholders for the time being, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.
  12. Scriblerias

Have you tried any other versions of the mod?
  13. Scriblerias

Rivers said:
    lol what's funny is if winds of winter has the WW invasion, then poor Cozur will be flooded with request.

He's got a good three or four years before he has to worry about that, I'd guess.
  14. Scriblerias

FeralCrazed said:
    Yeah I didn't get his reasoning at all, everything he said about why white walkers should be there was the exact opposite. They were only encountered once or twice. So not only do we rarely know jack about them, but as of the current date the mod is featuring it. They never made a big presence or impact. Hell only one was seen I believe during the clash of kings (Could be wrong on that) and that was outside the damn wall.

The only two confirmed sightings of Others has been during the prologue to A Game of Thrones, when they slaughter a group of Wildlings and two men of the Night's Watch, and on the Fist of the First Men, when they attack Jeor Mormant's ranging party. Besides that, there have been some less-than-believable sightings of them by fisherfolk near Eastwatch. It's also possible that Jon Snow saw a handful outside Craster's Keep.

The reason for this, I presume, is that they have not yet mustered enough strength to mount an attack on the Wall and the North. It's thought that Others come from The Land of Always Winter, far, far north beyond the wall (speculated to be visited in the next book, The Winds of Winter), so they're probably all hanging out up there.
  15. Scriblerias

SOAPthrail said:
    Oh jeez, just encountered a bug.

'Train the peasants of Saltcliffe against Bandits'

When you click 'Train the Peasants', and you wait a couple hours and the message that one/two/however many peasants have grasped their training and are ready for a practice fight, you kinda spawn underwater

see spoiler for screen

XQxro7F.jpg

The... ultimate training?
  16. Scriblerias

Whitewalkurz said:
    Cozur said:
    Whitewalkurz said:
    Please add White Walkers invasions. I like the 'realistic' feel of the textures, and the improved load times. But right now the game is missing something other wordly to tie it all together.

If not, why not consider releasing your Module_System to give modders an easier time of adding their own stuff to your mod? Just release a disclaimer or something.

No and no. Stop asking, not going to happen.

Ugh, another mod ruined by nazism. (uninstalls)

Seriously?

I'm not sure how Cozur's decision not to include "White Walkers" in his mod (unsurprisingly, a decision that he is totally allowed to make without asking you first) is "Nazism" (please capitalize it, it is a proper noun). Furthermore, why would they increase the content that this mod has to offer? Consider that even book readers - who are much farther along in the plot than show watchers, obviously - know virtually nothing about them, primarily because nobody in Westeros knows much about them. How could he accurately portray a race of beings that he knows only superficial details about?

Most importantly - this mod is set during the opening stages of the War of the Five Kings; sometime in 298AL, I think. Seeing as the books are currently up to around 300AL and the Others still haven't marched on Westeros, I can't imagine what the **** they would be doing in this mod. So, go ahead, uninstall it and go make your own mod, if it bothers you so much.

At any rate, just started hitting the mod again after a few months of not playing it. Love the progress made, can't wait to see more.
  17. Scriblerias

cwr said:
    ive been looking at the forum and really want this mod... but I'm wondering when does 1.0 come out because i dont want to get really far in the game then have to start a new one

i looked at a video of it and noticed theres no snow in the north, just grass- could that be changed or has it already been changed?

also the nights watch would be cool i know they are not supposed to participate but what about when stannis came to the nights watch?

0.9 will be released on Monday; 1.0's release date is unknown, presumably even to Cozur. It's not really a question that can be answered right now. You might as well start playing when 0.9 is released, though, honestly; 1.0 will still have plenty of bugs, like any mod/game, and waiting until a bug free, finished version is released could leave you waiting for a very long time.

As far as the Night's Watch is concerned - Cozur has stated, multiple times, that they won't be included in the mod. Ever. I'm also not sure what you're talking about regarding Stannis; he aided the Night's Watch, yes, and with ulterior motives, but never dictated to them.

Varien101 said:
    just got owned by "The Reach"

Over half of my officers in prison at Cornfield and just tried to bust them out.

I take a stroll into the castle and get the key through....  lance diplomacy.  But there is nowhere I can go to get into the actual prison and free everybody.  The most likely spot it would be (next to the prison guard) is a teleport to the Arena.

If you try and leave through the main gate instead of pressing Q, it brings up the mod settings.  After trying to leave the settings menu the game locks up.

Known and fixed as of 0.9.
  18. Scriblerias

Cozur said:
    As previously announced, multiple times, the prison bug has been fixed for 0.9.

Fantastic work, keep it up. Eager for the new release.

Saboteur100 said:
    The mod crashes to desktop about 3/4 of the way through loading. I don't think my PC is the issue, as the FAQ suggests, as it runs ever other game and mod just fine.

Check "Load Textures On Demand" in the pre-launch settings, if you haven't. If you have, there's basically no resolving your issue.
  19. Scriblerias

Cozur said:
    OakenRivers said:
    I happen to  have a suggestion/ Request or two...
    I was curious of if perhapse you were considering adding religions to the mix, like brytenwala. The North with they're old gods, Rhollor the Red, The Faith, The faceless God....
    I'm just curious because I'd really like to go crusader on some septs.
    Old Gods all the way!! Woot! Woot!

Sure, just send me the codes needed to implement religion and I'll do it right away.

I haven't played any M&B mods that weren't ACOK in a while (mostly just because I don't **** with M&B enough to do anything else with it), but there are some mods that incorporate religion, aren't there? If you're interested in putting it into the mod, you might think about discussing it with the creators of those mods.
  20. Scriblerias

kraglebit said:
    Q: Is the Night's Watch ever going to be included?
    A: No.

Why never? Is is that hard to make a faction with only one settlement (The Wall) wich can't be conquered, no one can declare war on them, and they only would hunt Savages and Nightwalkers?

The Nightwalkers... Keep it simple! They could be just like bandits, only way faster on the map screen so it is impossible to avoid them (the Surprise factor). The only thing that should be changed is the impossibility to make prisioners with them, making them very strong, the fact that they would never run away no matter what, and some other minor things. Oh, there sure must be a way to connect their presence with nighttime.

Of course both of those systems would never be perfect, but they surely are better than no nightwatch and no nightwalkers.

It's entirely possible that, with the way the game's core mechanics are established, it's impossible to create a faction that won't go to war/be warred against. Then again, maybe he just doesn't want to make the Wall and beyond.

Also, for the record, White Walkers.
Back
Top Bottom