SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Cozur said:
Owen Wulfson said:
Features

General:
The new global map with new icons. For the present only Westeros, later Essos (a part of it) and events.

Completley re-worked troop tree for each faction.  Including mercenaries.

New scenes, stages and buildings, moreover completely stylized interiors for every castle. Castles will have some elements of architecture, styled for the symbol of the House this castle belonged to in the books.

New shaders, skyboxes, grounds, particle-effects (waterfalls, burning swords, fountains, The Others and the weapons to fight them).

New faces and bodies. New hairstyles.

New game menu and backgrounds, all the art made specially for the mod.

New beginning of the game and character backstory selection.

Dozens of new facilities in the cities and villages that give an opportunity to improve them. Additioinal settlements. Mines (gold, silver and dragonglass), taverns, crossings.

Some new skills.

Little politics features that influence the world.

Sea adventures and maritime trade. Huge benefits for sailors on the sea but nothing on the land. The opportunity to hire the pirates and to trade with them.The opportunity to choose the tactics, to improve your ships and your team, the advantage in speed. The oppotunity to transport the great amount of goods on your ships.

Dozens of random events.

Two scenarios of the invasion. The Invasions of The Others and Targaryens (prince Aegon the Young Griff).

New system of achievements during the progress of your hero.

Huge amount of new unique weapons and armor.

More than 30 new quests.

Improved and more challenging sieges:
It is not easy to take the castle. You have to prepare by having the siege skill (your own or party one), stocking up the materials for the construction of ladders or siege towers. It is really more profitable to build siege towers or ladders in your own workshops or in the field camp and drag them with you than on the field of battle, however your party speed and morale will decrease.

New hunting system with special skills and bonuses. Also new units - the hunters.

Absolutely new soundtrack and some voicing.

OSP: Diplomacy v.4.3, Freelancer v.1.5 (revised and enlarged), Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment v.0.96.3 (+battle formations and fixed AI by Motomataru).

Banking system with credits and interest rates. Strict penalties for non-compliance.

The huge amounts of new presentations and reports.

New characters such as master-at-arms (he has Diplomacy servant functions and many more), maester, hunter, doctor, prostitute and many others. You can change them and improve their functions.

The characters will give you the new opportunites and it will be impossible to make certain doings without them.

A great amount of new tweaks and improvements. We can't realy list them, because the list is always growing and changing.

Have you done a lot of this, or have the time mainly been spent making a long list of features?

Oh snap.​

BigRob521 said:
So I'm pretty new to M&B to begin with, but this mod is just simply amazing and I want to thank you for making this.

The reason I mentioned that I'm new is because I'm not too sure on when I can invade and take over a castle for my own. I've got my combat AI and everything set to normal (it was default set on easy or something like that), and I've noticed that with a group of about 80 soldiers only like.. 20 of us are on the field at once, which would make a castle siege long and grueling. :sad: halp? When should I be able to take over a castle you think?

When you press esc during battle the option screen appears, you can set the number of troops on the battlefield there. It's only about 100 max, so if your PC is able to make larger combats you should install the Battlesizer-Mod
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=103109.0.

Playing a Braavosi campaign I've come across a few minor bugs.

The following Braavosi vassals aren't fully clothed:
First Sword Qarro Volentin, Watch Captain Irion Fantos, & Tycho Fantos.

This isn't a bug, more of a suggestion. The Braavosi nor Ironborn have cavalry units or really any "elite level" unit.  I understand the Ironborn's lack of cavalry with their primary strength coming from their navy. Braavos also has a powerful central navy and unique sword fighters to call upon. The difference however is the Braavosi have a large number of mercenary groups to whom they frequently call upon like the Stormcrows, Second Sons, and Gallant Men (which would have powerful cavalry regiments). Whereas the Ironborn really don't have such a large number of local mercenary groups readily available to call.

Similar to how you've recently re-done the Red Keep's interior with new NPCs. Is it possible to add some of the mercenary captains in a few of free city capitals from whom you can recruit units from. Mirroring how the Unsullied are sold.

Just for a comparison:

BRAAVOS
From recruiting from villages:
Braavosi Spearman -> Veteran Braavosi Spearman -> Following 2 Options:
Elite Braavosi Spearman -> Braavosi Glaiveman -> Braavosi Skirmisher (level 16)
Braavosi Archer -> Veteran Braavosi Archer -> Braavosi Crossbowman (level 16)

From recruiting from castles/towns:
Braavosi Swordsman -> Veteran Braavosi Swordsman (level 16) -> Elite Braavosi Swordsman (level 1:cool:

PENTOS
Comparatively speaking, recruiting from nearby Pentos castle gives you:
Pentoshi Swordsman -> Pentoshi Lancer (level 19) -> Pentoshi Cataphract (level 21)

I understand the levels do not really mean that much and the lower level can make for lower upkeep costs. However, the Braavosi/Ironborn elites have slightly less health compared to the other faction's elite riding units. Which if anything I would guess should be the opposite. Since a charging armored horse will deal considerably more damage.

Random Suggestion:

New weapon: Double-curved Goldenheart Bows used by Summer Islanders. I would love to see it being sold as an extremely expensive specialty item. Or perhaps a NPC: Prince Jalabhar Xho of the Red Flower Vale, located in King's Landing similar to how you have Cersei in the Red Keep that will trade one Goldenheart Bow for 100 Hedge Knights so he can retake the Summer Islands (or just X amount of gold which would likely be easier to code).

Whats been done to the economy in ACOK? There seems to be very few good stores to invest in. Have been investet through the north and the only profittible is grain to ale (50 each town) and it seems to be the same in westerland, riverlands and stormlands.

Qnevven Zolond said:
Scriblerias said:
You also seem to have an Intel chipset GPU, which is about as effective as not having a GPU

Couldn't agree less... You probably don't have much experience with the latest integrated GPU chipsets like Intel HD4000. When backed up with 3rd/4th generation Intel CPU and good motherboard it gives a surprisingly high performance even on very high/ultra graphic settings in games.

Off course it can't compete with the high end discrete video cards - but i'd rather not pay 500-1250USD extra if my integrated GPU can already run all the newest games on very high settings with decent performance.

I'll have to take your word on that, since I haven't known anybody with a chipset GPU since ~2001.

At any rate, I don't know why you'd pay $500 USD for a standalone card when a GTX 670, one of the highest end cards available, is ~$300, and even that card is basically unnecessarily strong (future proofing, I guess). The 680 is $500, but is only about 10% more efficient. The 690 is a laughable $1,000. Anybody that would pay more than $250-$300 for a graphics card either doesn't know what they're doing, or has a ridiculous amount of disposable cash.

Does anyone know of a way to mod this game to make the villages give recruits from my (player) faction instead of the faction I conquered? IE The Three Sisters. I hate having to wait a week to hire a patrol in order to get more troops.

Also, I got MB Barracks Editor in order to view and better understand the troop mechanics and realized something. All of the troops I get from patrols are from a "Neutral" faction (these are all of the freelancers). The swordsman who guards my castle as well as the serjeant (that upgrades into the squire and Knight) are part of the actual "Player Faction." This faction has a whole troop tree, but the only ones I can get are Serjeant and above. I have never seen any of the other "Player Faction" troops in my games.

Anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks in advance

Hi, I just downloaded the Mount and Blade Warband: A Clash of Kings mod. I do have a question, and it is about the Gold Cloak Swordsmen,  Archers, the sort. I had a chance to look around the map and search for some of these guys, but could never find any. I have also seen a YT video of an army consisting of Lion Guards? Could anyone tell me how to get these types of troops? Thanks.

btw, I am fairly new to the TaleWorlds forums, so I may have done something wrong when I posted this. :smile:

modestego said:
Does anyone know of a way to mod this game to make the villages give recruits from my (player) faction instead of the faction I conquered? IE The Three Sisters. I hate having to wait a week to hire a patrol in order to get more troops.

Also, I got MB Barracks Editor in order to view and better understand the troop mechanics and realized something. All of the troops I get from patrols are from a "Neutral" faction (these are all of the freelancers). The swordsman who guards my castle as well as the serjeant (that upgrades into the squire and Knight) are part of the actual "Player Faction." This faction has a whole troop tree, but the only ones I can get are Serjeant and above. I have never seen any of the other "Player Faction" troops in my games.

Thanks in advance

It would be nice if villages changed like the castles...

Have you tried using the normal city recruitment option?

Viceprezlava said:
Hi, I just downloaded the Mount and Blade Warband: A Clash of Kings mod. I do have a question, and it is about the Gold Cloak Swordsmen,  Archers, the sort. I had a chance to look around the map and search for some of these guys, but could never find any. I have also seen a YT video of an army consisting of Lion Guards? Could anyone tell me how to get these types of troops? Thanks.

btw, I am fairly new to the TaleWorlds forums, so I may have done something wrong when I posted this. :smile:

As far as I'm aware the only ways to get them is to enter a battle with a Lord who has them in his party. Knock them out and then capture them and hire them.

Or if you can find a bandit or enemy faction who defeated and captured some. You can hire them directly since they were prisoners.  <- That's the method I used to get a small host of Golden Company soldiers. It would be nice to have a way to recruit them directly.

I asked Cozur in my post above regarding the possibilities of getting Mercenary factions added. Similar to how the Unsullied are hired. Having the Gold Cloaks recruitable if you become the owner of Kings Landing while having your own faction.

Gold Cloaks are at King's Landing. They are not in a Lord's party unless King's Landing falls, they get captured, and recruited by said Lord.

The Golden Company, if that's what you mean, are troops found in Targaryen armies when they first invade. They can only be in your army by the way ProphetClass described before. Capture / Recruit them as prisoners.

ProphetClass said:
modestego said:

Thanks in advance

It would be nice if villages changed like the castles...

Have you tried using the normal city recruitment option?

Viceprezlava said:

As far as I'm aware the only ways to get them is to enter a battle with a Lord who has them in his party. Knock them out and then capture them and hire them.

Or if you can find a bandit or enemy faction who defeated and captured some. You can hire them directly since they were prisoners.  <- That's the method I used to get a small host of Golden Company soldiers. It would be nice to have a way to recruit them directly.

I asked Cozur in my post above regarding the possibilities of getting Mercenary factions added. Similar to how the Unsullied are hired. Having the Gold Cloaks recruitable if you become the owner of Kings Landing while having your own faction.

I have, but that is really expensive. I think its like 800 per man. It would be way better to be able to recruit the militia or levies from the villages. Thank you for the response though

Cozur said:
I can't remember this, is there a default oath of fealty that the lords of Westeros swear? Or can they make their own variations?

Different. Basically, for the Five Kings, there are:
Joffrey:
I swear fealty to Joffrey Baratheon, First of His Name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm
Robb:
I swear fealty to Robb Stark, First of His Name, King in the North and the Trident and Lord of Winterfell
Stannis:
I swear fealty to Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name, Lord of Dragonstone, Lord Paramount of the Stormlands and Legitimate King of Westeros.
Renly:
I swear fealty to Renly Baratheon, First of His Name, Lord of Storm's End and King of Westeros
Balon:
I swear fealty to Balon Greyjoy, the Ninth of His Name Since the Grey King, Iron King of Salt and Rock, Son of the Sea Wind and Lord Reaper of Pyke

EDIT:

Go here:http://awoiaf.westeros.org
and look under the Full Name and Titles/Other Titles section.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
Cozur said:
I can't remember this, is there a default oath of fealty that the lords of Westeros swear? Or can they make their own variations?

Different. Basically, for the Five Kings, there are:
Joffrey:
I swear fealty to Joffrey Baratheon, First of His Name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm
Robb:
I swear fealty to Robb Stark, First of His Name, King in the North and the Trident and Lord of Winterfell
Stannis:
I swear fealty to Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name, Lord of Dragonstone, Lord Paramount of the Stormlands and Legitimate King of Westeros.
Renly:
I swear fealty to Renly Baratheon, First of His Name, Lord of Storm's End and King of Westeros
Balon:
I swear fealty to Balon Greyjoy, the Ninth of His Name Since the Grey King, Iron King of Salt and Rock, Son of the Sea Wind and Lord Reaper of Pyke

EDIT:

Go here:http://awoiaf.westeros.org
and look under the Full Name and Titles/Other Titles section.

Not what I'm looking for.

Once again you're just making up your own stuff, and then passing it off as canon. Useless posts from you. Always.

"To Winterfell we pledge the faith of Greywater," they said together.
"Hearth and heart and harvest we yield up to you, my lord. Our swords and spears and arrows are yours to command. Grant mercy to our weak, help to our helpless, and justice to all, and we shall never fail you."
"I swear it by earth and water," said the boy in green.
"I swear it by the bronze and iron," his sister said.
"We swear it by ice and fire," they finished together.
Bran groped for words. Was he supposed to swear something back to them? Their oath was not one he had been taught. "May your winters be short and your summers bountiful." he said. That was usually a good thing to say. "Rise. I'm Brandon Stark."

Given that Bran did not recognize it as one he had been taught, it's probably a rather unique one to House Reed, so I'm not sure if it will help at all, but that's the only specific time I can actually remember an oath being written out in the books.

Cozur said:
Once again you're just making up your own stuff, and then passing it off as canon. Useless posts from you. Always.
Yes and no.

While we do not have any formal fealty exept for that of the Reeds(and that cannot be taken as a base since is mystic/prophetic in content), I based my fealty on the letter Robert dictates to Ned before his death.

He signs in as "Robert Baratheon, First of His Name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm". So, it is logically, than, when someone will swear fealty to a king, would swear something like I *Name and House Name(if noble)* swear fealty to *King's Name*, *King's Titles*

Really, it is not canon, but it is a logical deduction from the formal adressing to Kings in the world of ASoIaF.

You made up tenths(if not hundreds) non-canon locations based on nothing, and you have face to criticize my idea, with loose canon connections to the books?

I don't want to argue with you Cozur, because your recent work has been really impressive(compared to your early one), but you should calm yourself and look more in depth of my posts.

just out of curiosity, which faction do you enjoy aligning with? or do you like to create your own?
Me,i just started a new game planning on just conquering the Essos. Every time a new patch would come out i would always declare for Stannis the mannis and well it got pretty tiring so i decided to try something new.

As far as oaths of fealty go, no, there is no hard and fast pledge that I know of. Consider that random folks becoming lords is basically not a thing in Westeros, except on very rare occasions. The two oaths I know of in Westerosi lore are that of the Night's Watch, and the Seven-based ceremony involved in knighthood, neither of which are particularly applicable.

There are a couple of commoners throughout the story that become lords, and the general practice there seems to be the king, queen, or regent saying, "Hey, you're a lord," and granting them an unoccupied fief as a seat.

What Thane is obviously referring to are the titles that specific rulers have bestowed upon them, which is, obviously, irrelevant.

Ragzie said:
just out of curiosity, which faction do you enjoy aligning with? or do you like to create your own?
Me,i just started a new game planning on just conquering the Essos. Every time a new patch would come out i would always declare for Stannis the mannis and well it got pretty tiring so i decided to try something new.

Create your own, is fantastic!
But just if you like having war all the time....and like 5 vassals at the same time invading your fiefs.

Back
Top Bottom