SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

For those who missed it: An excerpt from G.R.R Martins contribution to the latest anthology:

http://www.tor.com/stories/2013/07/dangerous-women-george-r-r-martin-excerpt

Extreme Person said:
Hi Cozur....
i don't know if anyone else reported but i don't seem to have any farmers.

and btw....i noticed the fairlight nfo too....dead giveaway for non legal copy :razz:

Yeah man, people reported that bug a million times.

The Eyrie! It might be a pain in the ass to get up there, and extremely cold in the winter, but I'd want a castle that my enemies would pay DEARLY for trying to take. :grin:

Kishinz said:
Extreme Person said:
Hi Cozur....

and btw....i noticed the fairlight nfo too....dead giveaway for non legal copy :razz:

It's actually not a bug, they we're removed to reduce lag on the world map. Instead the prosperity of villages is calculated by a script running in the background. Same on they're using in 1257 AD.

Cozur said:
Kishinz said:
Extreme Person said:
Hi Cozur....

It's actually not a bug, they we're removed to reduce lag on the world map. Instead the prosperity of villages is calculated by a script running in the background. Same on they're using in 1257 AD.

And that doesn´t affect negatively to the towns? the prosperity of them, at least in 0.93 doesn´t up.
Always is in poor.

Cozur said:

Could you give us a roughly description of how that script calculates the wealth of villages and towns?
are there any variables that we can influence in order to increase the prosperity of our fiefs or is it completly random?

Oh man, I really would like the be lord of a (not-ladder-bugged) Eyrie, too :cool:
Best position to capture the Vale, once it's mine I'm able to strike only when I want while hiding behind high walls otherwise.
Perhaps I could even capture something  like Dragonstone or King's Landing via sea, having supply-lines across the water :roll:

KidStein said:
The Eyrie! It might be a pain in the ass to get up there, and extremely cold in the winter, but I'd want a castle that my enemies would pay DEARLY for trying to take. :grin:

I have a feeling the eyrie is rather a deathtrap though. I mean you just need to make camp before the first castle (forgot the Name only remember sky which should be the last) and then starve them to death. Dragonstone or Kings landing can be supplied by sea but the eyrie will bleed to death once cut off from the villages.

Edit: looks like the eunuch had a similar thought :wink:

i posted this before but it seems to have disappeared. anyway, when i'm training the people of visenya's landing i keep on spawning underwater and have to take a very long walk to the village, could this be a bug?

also, you should be able to kill kings not just take them as prisoner and can you please update the change log, it still shows 0.92 updates

great mod.

bla212 said:
KidStein said:

I have a feeling the eyrie is rather a deathtrap though. I mean you just need to make camp before the first castle (forgot the Name only remember sky which should be the last) and then starve them to death. Dragonstone or Kings landing can be supplied by sea but the eyrie will bleed to death once cut off from the villages.

Well, according to the books the Eyrie has huge supply stores, so I wouldn't consider that a weakness.
Oh btw I had an idea: What about whores for your armies you can hire (like septons, hunters etc.) which give your troops a morale boost?  :mrgreen:

Agrippa91 said:
bla212 said:
KidStein said:

Well, according to the books the Eyrie has huge supply stores, so I wouldn't consider that a weakness.
Oh btw I had an idea: What about whores for your armies you can hire (like septons, hunters etc.) which give your troops a morale boost?  :mrgreen:

Nah, but you'll probably be able to visit whores in taverns in the not too near future.

The Eyrie, the ultimate fort. Let them come, and they will know their mistake! :twisted:

FYI Cersei and her small council + the rest of the gang all stay at King's Landing after it has been conquered by another faction.

Must say love the mod, been playing it for a while with no issues (many versions). Today been playing awhile and i have now noticed a huge lag when leaving the village menu, this only happen when leaving the village menu thought cities and castles seem fine. Anyone else getting this issues and is there a way to fix it?

Tried a re download of the mod still no luck.
About to try a new save, any help would be great :razz:

tacio00 said:
Must say love the mod, been playing it for a while with no issues (many versions). Today been playing awhile and i have now noticed a huge lag when leaving the village menu, this only happen when leaving the village menu thought cities and castles seem fine. Anyone else getting this issues and is there a way to fix it?

Tried a re download of the mod still no luck.
About to try a new save, any help would be great :razz:

No lag for me, and my pc is a crap.

Agrippa91 said:

That depends on a lot of variables - the reason that the Eyrie has such full larders during the series is that the War of the Five Kings basically never touched the Vale of Arryn. Were they actually struck by war, a razing of the lands that pay tribute to the Lord of the Eyrie and a siege camp at the foot of the Bloody Gate would entirely halt any gain of supplies to the Eyrie - while an invading army would be free to have supplies brought up the Kingsroad to feed their troops.

Also consider that, as of the end of A Feast for Crows, everybody is evacuating the Eyrie for Stone, the first waycastle along the way to the top of the mountain, as Winter is approaching and the ascent to the Eyrie basically becomes impossible for the duration of the season. While passing through the Bloody Gate at all is a very tall challenge, it's easier than ascending through two waycastles to get to the Eyrie. Harlon Stark waited out the Boltons at the Dreadfort for two years before they ran out of food and surrendered; anyone can be starved out.

All in all, it isn't a terrible fortress under ideal conditions, but with no mode of egress save for a six hundred foot drop to the valley floor, I'd rather be lord of some other castle.

Rivers said:
FYI Cersei and her small council + the rest of the gang all stay at King's Landing after it has been conquered by another faction.

I think Cozur mentioned that these NPCs are basically placeholders for the time being, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Back
Top Bottom