Search results for query: *

1. anglomanii

Ultimate medieval warrior!

uncreative said:
    Yeah but when it comes to Germanic culture in the Rhine area there wasn't really anything before the Merovingians, atleast when it came to Salian Franks.

what do you base your statement on, please explain.
  2. anglomanii

Empire: Total War

Cloud Breaker said:
    Will generals wear body armor again?

probably not as their main role is to be the force behind the army, a more on field administrative role.
  3. anglomanii

RE: supply of armies in ETW

in ETW you will need to keep lines of supply to your bases of operation (your friendly territory)
    this will allow your general to continue to keep recruits joining your army while in-country, without lines of supply your troops succumb to losses and lack of supply, and your general is no longer a uber-combat unit, rather he is their to keep your mens moral up and gain the best battle field position. moral was explained to me as now being almost more important than combat ability.
  4. anglomanii

dammit i just read its release date has been pushed back another month.

this **** is killing me.

oh well at least i still have all the other TW games to tide me over HAHAHAHAH
  5. anglomanii

New Armour that you would like

CrazyEyes said:
    Why would you have a breastplate and no chain?

because on the later (16th century+) quarter style plate armours chain was no longer seen as necessary and was in some circles considered a hindrance, it was faster and more economical to produce mass production style plate armours than it was to produce chain on a large scale, Brussels was very much the center for mass production. they used very advanced techniques in its production. as i am sure we all know how labor intensive making maile can be especially considering no automation existed for riveting or joining the links. however by the late 16th mass production of plate was becoming easier.

it also had to be said that due to the weapons of the day, maile was almost ineffective against the more recent weapons being used.
  6. anglomanii

Gore and Dismemberment - removeable limbs

Merlkir said:
    I think about every one of the frequent posters in this thread has seen these. Still, a living body is different to a dead one without blood and all. Bone density changes, meat too...

and i believe i have been around long enough to realize that these have been seen(which is why they are so easy to find), the point still is true that some dismemberment is possible (even in reality, let alone in a virtual format) and sadly some people wish to see this, i do not see how it would be in implemented in M&B, but let it please stand that under some circumstances it is possible to cause truly horrendous wounds including  decapitation and dismemberment to the human body with a hand held blade of some form.
  7. anglomanii

Gore and Dismemberment - removeable limbs

not perfect but these might be able to finish this debate once and for all. or completely reignite it.

please be warned the following links are of a mature nature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v4j3mvrDyQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_mCNoqqK0k&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFAKTjOQJwQ&feature=related

i do hope this can help this discussion
  8. anglomanii

New weapons that you would like

Merlkir said:
    M@ster-$ said:
    And gambeson can be made of leather too.

for sure. But I'd still prefer a linen one :wink:

true, but together a 20+ layer jack and a polished leather jerkin goes a long way in keeping you safer than either on on its own.
  9. anglomanii

Rexxar said:
    Carolus said:
    LordMutaz said:
    I think bronze faded away with the discovery of iron. and I believe steel was not discovered in medieval times, more like 1800s when they learned how to remove the carbon from iron which makes it flimsy compared to steel.

Thats absolute bull****. The German Tribes forged steel several hundreds of years before christ but the tech was lost. Then some time after christ - 400 years max id say but could be more or less its not MY time - it was rediscovered. At 900 they at least had enough knowledge of metalurgics and forging to produce damascene blades (several viking relics exist made in that fashion) with constantly improving techniques having influence on the quality and quantity of metal armors available.

Couldnt you just keep out of a discussion if you have no actual knowledge?

So what about bronze?

Still didnt get the answer  :razz:

bronze never went away as a metal of war, bronze maces of ball and flanged styles were still in use (though not common) into the 13th century, bronze seamed to be favored for these items as it was easier and more accurately cast. it was also used by venetian arbalesters for naval warfare well into the 15th and 16th centuries (dont ask me why) it was also a favored metal in the use of early cannon that used breach loading magazines (yes they had them and no they weren't very good), as the bronze did not spark the iron hoop barrel, and cause a premature explosion.

10. anglomanii

M&B and the SCA

cedric said:
    anglomanii said:
    i love the image my mind just conjured up then, sniff! true poetry

AGREED! Now just point me to the field and let's get some fighting in!  :mrgreen:

- Cedric

totally, i can think of nothing finer then drinking in that feeling you get in the line, the sweat the excitement, the hangovers!

WARS ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!

so much more fun then tourneys (and that's not entirely because i suck at tournament.)

i am so jealous of you Americans, you have so many more people to fight with. i am lucky to fight a couple dozen. and you have so much more groups and gear, but then again i live in Australia (and Queensland which is even better) so i cant complain, when i live here (best place on the planet).
  11. anglomanii

M&B and the SCA

i love the image my mind just conjured up then, sniff! true poetry
  12. anglomanii

Troop Formations!

Cloud Breaker said:
    Merlkir said:
    the movies? :smile: One would think that CB being a forumite for quite a long time would've...learnt more fo this stuff.

What stuff. Medieval commanders being Sun Tzu reincarnates?

certain infantry formation (spear,swords or axes). spear break up charges and enemy ranks.
    swords and axes usually come in after. swords might come in first to kill the shield-less
    axe might charge it to break a 3nd shield wall.
    archer are effective based on formation. Flanking to higher ground to out maneuver retreats and charages
    also there the classic large army movements. pincher, attacks rain in from the both sides.
    wave tactics, a percentage or each class(archer infantry and cavalry with different weapons and training) come in rushes

How dramatic.

Age of commanders died with the ancient world.

oh dear, two for two!. well done.
  13. anglomanii

New weapons that you would like

great swords, work just fine up in your face too, the big nasty blade is not the only thing you need to be careful of, the entire weapon is deadly, point to pommel. daggers are nice if all you need to do is stab, but you also need to cut and hack too, so i prefer some thing with at least a 18inch blade and some decent weight behind it. (katzbulgen), as for sheilds heaters are nice but they block a lot of vision and can hinder some movement.
  14. anglomanii

Troop Formations!

i guess we all live in the dismal hope that people actually pay attention to what is said here.
  15. anglomanii

CrazyEyes said:
    But when you've been doing this nonsense for about six years and all the guy wants is essentially a pot on his head worth a couple shillings?

pot my arse do you have any concept of how hard it is to dish out a cap without flawing it,

any piece of armour has it's intricacies but all helms suck to make.

16. anglomanii

Troop Formations!

Cloud Breaker said:
    Such tactics were pretty null during medieval days. The commanders themselves were quite unruly.

where do you get this crap!

i hope your not saying medieval warfare had no tactics, strategy or lacked military discipline or use of formation?
  17. anglomanii

try these.

http://www.armourarchive.org/

http://www.thesealedknot.org.uk/index.asp

http://www.myarmoury.com/home.html

http://www.arador.com/main/index.html

some of these might be usefull
  18. anglomanii

SP Native Modern Calradia -1914-Götterdämmerung (Not Released)(Needs Riggers)(Updated 05/9/08)

cool_guy said:
    here's a question for the knowing:

did anyone in WWI wear the capi?
    kepi.JPG

this one's a french one from wwi

i have made a *good* kepi model which beats my old, ****ty one by miles.
    but i need to know which textures to make for it.

similar styles where worn by several armed forces, in the early part of ww1

Russian imperial artillery (known as a shapka), German imperial military police, Australian AIF pioneers, french foreign legion and french African colonial forces, Japanese junior officers started wearing them late in 1917. they where also worn by several other nations, but i cant identify the uniforms.
  19. anglomanii

M&B and the SCA

all this makes me wonder what a scadian M&B might look like?
  20. anglomanii

ArabArcher35 said:
    Helmets are probably the cheapest, easiest-to-find piece of armor there is.

probably not the good ones that protect you well though?
Back
Top Bottom