New weapons that you would like

Users who are viewing this thread

you're almost answering your own questions.
- armies on the march WOULD have lead bullets. If they used them all and were in an immediate battle, they would of course sling stones.
- good cloth will serve just as well for a sling as leather. People wouldn't make slings from cloth if this weren't true. We know it can be done and that it works.
- guess what, genius, many people wore cloth armour. I would take a gambeson over any leather armor any day. Leather armour isn't nearly as good as people imagine. Compared to the gambeson for instance.

My gambeson is made of cloth! A gambeson is basically padded armour, and there are gambesons in the game. They look swanky. Haven't seen any black ones, though!

.. but isn't this the new weapons thread? :wink:

Speaking of weapons, I'd like to see some sort of range limiter on thrown weapons. Hurling stones and javelins hundreds of meters is fun, but when I'm standing on a mountain and a guy on another mountain miles away hits me with a spear, I find myself a little annoyed! I'd really like to see this range dependant on your Strength score, actually.

Thrown weapons - short range, high damage. Closer = more damage, up to a point. i.e the further away you get from a chucker, the safer you are.

Archery/Crossbow - long range, high damage. Further away = more damage, up to a point. i.e the closer you get to an archer, the safer you are.

-Lance

Speaking of weapons, I'd like to see some sort of range limiter on thrown weapons. Hurling stones and javelins hundreds of meters is fun, but when I'm standing on a mountain and a guy on another mountain miles away hits me with a spear, I find myself a little annoyed! I'd really like to see this range dependant on your Strength score, actually.

Thrown weapons - short range, high damage. Closer = more damage, up to a point. i.e the further away you get from a chucker, the safer you are.

Archery/Crossbow - long range, high damage. Further away = more damage, up to a point. i.e the closer you get to an archer, the safer you are No. That doesn't make any sense. Why in the world would the damage increase with a farther distance?

A range limit already exists.
There is a significant range limit on throwing weapons. Crossbows have the furthest range and the highest velocity, and throwing weapons have the lowest.

Also, ranged attacks in M&B do more damage up close than from afar.

Someone mentioned Scythes, and I dug up this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97neHuFfPLI&feature=related
Looks like pretty scary combat.

I would like to see some weapons get a bonus against armour. Like axes, pollaxes, warhammers, etc. The weapons that were made to go against armour.  Or is that gained through their higher damage?

Ok, ok Merlkir... I just have one more question for you - do you wear medieval dress (period costume) whilst playing Mount & Blade?

Just asking as you seem to have a penchant for... that sort of thing.

Scenix said:
Ok, ok Merlkir... I just have one more question for you - do you wear medieval dress (period costume) whilst playing Mount & Blade?

I wear a chainmail coif, and nasal helmet... >.>
I dont put the chainmail shirt on though.

animematt said:
Scenix said:

You should. Imagine, bandit breaks into your house and stabs you with knife. You dead :evil:

animematt said:
Scenix said:

I actually would do that if I could afford adequate equipment  :???:

Carolus said:
animematt said:
Scenix said:

I actually would do that if I could afford adequate equipment  :???:
Heh, mine isn't adequate..just some butted chainmaille, and a fairly cheap helmet.

Hey Merl - you say you like wearing gambeson's - that why me ask - you no understand. I ain't no sicko, bucko  :grin:

...and that you'd wear a gambeson over anything else...

I said I would wear a gambeson if I were to choose between a linen gambeson and a leather armour. Yeah, I've worn it before, tried fighting in it, but there's no reason for wearing it while playing MaB :wink:

Scenix said:
Hey Merl - you say you like wearing gambeson's - that why me ask - you no understand. I ain't no sicko, bucko  :grin:

Yes you are, my sicko sense is tingling. An you'd most likely wear a gambeson, or a thinner version of it under armor.

Plus, I want a shorter mace.

Actually a mace would be more effective at length, the correct technique for using one is to let gravity do most of the work, so it would make sense, a short mace would be nothing more than a metal bauble.

Back
Top Bottom