<> OCEANIC CAMPAIGN I: OFFICIAL THREAD <>

Users who are viewing this thread

I was trying to say we could get an extra fifteen players in at the drop of a hat, because nearly everyone wants to play, so getting one extra shouldn't be a problem.

RAOUL said:
You lot are a bunch of asstakers. 
I don't suppose you're familiar with the TaleWorlds official motto, are you? :razz:

RAOUL said:
You guys will be needing a lot of oranges.
I have trouble understanding you at times. Seriously whats the problem? If you have players in your clans that want in the match why aren't you letting them play? This match was supposed to be huge, but you guys are limiting it. :???:

In the end, it's the defenders choice, as their lands are at stake. Dojo is bringing warriors Toad requests to the battle.

Perhaps we could arrange a double battle with higher numbers. So that both alliances have something on the line, like what I suggested earlier with our upcoming battle Scorch (I suggest you read it, 1-2 pages back).

In the Dojo vs SPLH match it worked really well. A few players were saying "so is that it?" after the first war and it was good we had another one to fight straight after, makes it more worthwhile.

DOJO OFFENSIVE

Iron Horsemen Hex E14

Suggest 5v5
Wednesday 12 May 8pm EST

The Order of the Dojo march onto the open plains of the Iron Horsemen at hex E14.  The Dojo army waits patiently to see if any IH warriors will crawl out of the woodwork to defend their seemingly neglected lands.

Doomicus said:
In the end, it's the defenders choice, as their lands are at stake. Dojo is bringing warriors Toad requests to the battle.

Perhaps we could arrange a double battle with higher numbers. So that both alliances have something on the line, like what I suggested earlier with our upcoming battle Scorch (I suggest you read it, 1-2 pages back).

In the Dojo vs SPLH match it worked really well. A few players were saying "so is that it?" after the first war and it was good we had another one to fight straight after, makes it more worthwhile.
This sounds good.  If we win, we'll go for C4, if KoS (and others) win, they go for B7. 

15 vs 15 is my limit though.

edit: fixed mistake with the hex.

HTAPAWASO said:
Blink. said:
Who's going to battle alongside KEEN?

Dojo, their ally.

I agree with ACC, bigger battles are better. Get as many as you can, we got heaps of people that want to play and can't.

Well right now Dojo have about 15 active players, plus keens 8 = 23 players.
Kos + Aos + SPLH + Rawr = 38 players.

As you can see, as a midsized alliance working closely with a small alliance, we are out manned. Our prestige is indicative of our skill and discipline, not our man power. Keen and Dojo are holding ground against a monster.

I have an idea to make things quicker and competetive: make it so if Kingdom 1 attacks Kingdom 2, Kingdom 2 has to fight Kingdom 1 within a set time frame, and if Kingdom 2 can't get enough players, or if they can't fight them within that time frame for whatever reason, they lose their hex. It will encourage more matches, and is a good insentive to train and be active.

Blink. said:
I have an idea to make things quicker and competetive: make it so if Kingdom 1 attacks Kingdom 2, Kingdom 2 has to fight Kingdom 1 within a set time frame, and if Kingdom 2 can't get enough players, or if they can't fight them within that time frame for whatever reason, they lose their hex. It will encourage more matches, and is a good insentive to train and be active.

Yeah, that makes sense.

What we are suggesting and we've put into practice is double matches though, which works quite well.

Particularly in the case of this 15v15, it will be good to have two hexes on the line.

RAOUL said:
This sounds good.  If we win, we'll go for B3, if KoS (and others) win, they go for B7. 
Nah, if it's done that way it just encourages turtling. When you attack you risk one hex for a chance of winning two, when you defend you risk two hexes for a chance at winning one.

If it's done attacker attacks, then defends against a counter attack, whichever way the first match goes, both teams have exactly the same on the line.

Moss said:
RAOUL said:
This sounds good.  If we win, we'll go for B3, if KoS (and others) win, they go for B7. 
Nah, if it's done that way it just encourages turtling. When you attack you risk one hex for a chance of winning two, when you defend you risk two hexes for a chance at winning one.

If it's done attacker attacks, then defends against a counter attack, whichever way the first match goes, both teams have exactly the same on the line.
We're risking two, you're risking one.  We are willing to accept that.

edit: I made a mistake, accidentally put in the wrong hex.  Hex C4 it is.

It's completely up to whether SPL wants to actually risk their hex or not. Its their choice.

But yes, I would like to have a double attack.

Scorch! said:
It's completely up to whether SPL wants to actually risk their hex or not. Its their choice.

But yes, I would like to have a double attack.
We can have a counter attack over at J7, if you'd like.  Mind you, Village is an atrocious map for 15 vs 15.

Back
Top Bottom