SP Musket Era [WB] Winds of War: Blood and Steel - 1870

Users who are viewing this thread

Check out the Imperial Age mod DB profile too for some screenshots of the newly rebuild Shariz that will also be used in B&S.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/db/Coldstream_Guards_sentry_-_20090804.jpg
could you guys make this unit ?
This one for the mainly alvionic line infantry:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i219/GrantRCanada/Canadian%20military/P1863tunicandfrockwithP1860ballbag_zps0fb1e411.jpg
and also this one (the grenadiers, these would be in the main "castle" of the faction, as guards of the king/queen, i think Alvion needs changes, just like the sarranid needed them
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/b7/c0/2c/b7c02c8aa95cbcadacb3640553514bf7.jpg

@ Eyepet2010, probably, haven't got around to making the female's clothing yet though.

Status update time, chaps.

Added some new units to Alvion: Khazidan Sepoys, Khazidan Sikari and Alvion Horseguards.

The Khazidan Sepoys are a new elite heavy infantry that use sabres and breach loading rifles in combat. The Khazidan Sikari (Based on the Gurkhas) use Kurkis, breach loading and repeater rifles to defeat their enemies. These units can be recruited in taverns.

l5sR0F9.jpg

QddsUEO.jpg

The Alvionic horseguards charge into the fray, sabre at the ready! They are the new elite cavalry of the Royal Alvionic Army, they specialize in melee combat. They can be acquired through the Alvion cavalry upgrade tree.

Sw0uPHm.jpg

they look gorgeous !  :mrgreen:
you plan to put Askaris and maybe mounties?
i hope i don't bother you by asking if you will do the two units i requested you for Castillon ? i always wanted to see them in a game  :smile:

Loving the mod and will play the hell out of it when it comes out , just a quick suggestion (might appeal to other slavs)
to add a mercenary unit that will be located in vageir towns (or some sorts of camps or even perhaps unique parties  ) called "Hajduk" they'd be fairly light armored except their leader "Harambasa" but they would have enhanced ironflesh , powerstrike and accuracy  , I know this is far fetched and far too much to ask for , but just wanted to give my input . Best of luck with the mod !

Sal_TheConqueror said:
Loving the mod and will play the hell out of it when it comes out , just a quick suggestion (might appeal to other slavs)
to add a mercenary unit that will be located in vageir towns (or some sorts of camps or even perhaps unique parties  ) called "Hajduk" they'd be fairly light armored except their leader "Harambasa" but they would have enhanced ironflesh , powerstrike and accuracy  , I know this is far fetched and far too much to ask for , but just wanted to give my input . Best of luck with the mod !
i don't think it's far too much for ask for, it is good to reccommend them and ask for new things, i like the hajduk hat and outfit, it would be nice if we could recruit them as mercenaries, i would like to have some castillon units reworked and maybe for some "german" generals to have the death hussar hat, and steamships and fancy women clothes and trains... this mod takes place in an age that is far more interesting than the medieval or any kind of other periods that M&B mods use to cover, i won't care to wait for a year to play this

I'm really anxious and I would really like to see some units like the L'Aigle artillery, and please don't make the same mistake as "Imperial Age Calradia" did with the weapon accuracy, where swordsmans could get easy close to the musketeers and easily kill them, making any melee unit a walking god dodging bullets.

If muskets were so inaccurate, they would stick to the crossbows and bows, for ****ing sake. I know this mod will use more advanced weapons, but anyway, don't do the same mistake.

Also I would love to fight indians, those wild beasts.

Muskets were made like that in Imperial Age so musketeers would engage in close range fire with each other. It isn't the perfect system because the module like this one is in slow state beta.

Why do people assume that the 19th century was full of trench warfare outside defending a fortified postion or sieging a fortress?

At the moment highly doubtful, we're in dire need of another scener and our current one is busy redoing the cities and fortresses for both this and Imperial Age. If anyone is willing to volunteer to help us out with smaller scale scenes like interiors, battlefields and smaller locations that would be grand.

Down the road perhaps, we're working with another module that might have trench war based maps but remember the AI is dumb as bricks and you need to work on guiding them on maps that aren't open fields or they'll just get stuck on objects and structures.

We still need to work on removing the medieval props, locations and scenes first. Then do the balance and bug checking. Then add a few features (like updating or replacing the tournies for other money making activities) first.

Also, knowing that this module is in Caldaria, in the late 19 century, in the industrial revolution, have you guys considered adding chimneys to the main cities of the factions in the background like there is industries behind ?
i think it's easy for sceners and it will fit in the atmosphere the module takes places in!
also the german cities so the look very steriotypical, and maybe add the big ben and the eiffel tower in Ancien and Alvion main cities?  :eek:

That might come much later in the module development, we need to update the player owned business scenes to make some look a little more industrial first.

Back
Top Bottom