The Deluge Reloaded - NEW EVENT

Users who are viewing this thread

1. Name: Knights of Saint John/Knights Hospitaller (In-game tag is KoSJ)
2. Amount of people: 6-12
3. Preferred Faction: H.R.E, Line infantry or Reiters.
4. We're okay with anything.
5. Are you able to deploy artillery occasionally: Yes
6. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198062915335/ or http://steamcommunity.com/id/gary14793/
7.    The Calvary Cross, red background in the first page.

All accepted, happy to see so many new faces... and hoping that the server will not explode  :party:

Btw. may I ask again about your view on what I have written there?
Czeremis said:
Leifr Eiríksson said:
I think one of the greatest changes we could make to these events would be to limit all classes to only one bandolier, twelve lead balls.
IMO it may be not enough for the skirmishers, the same for those squads which are just holding some strategic points and waiting for reinforcements. But even if it was as you say, it would be quite hard to control, especially if there are free cartridges.
Dansk viking said:
The only way of enforcing a lower amount of shotte is to lower the amount of starting gold I suppose. Usually pikemen can't even spend it all, so that's no problem - musketeers should be able to afford a proper musket and one bandolier along with some better clothing and/or a cheap sword, no more than that.
That's right, but on the other hand e.g. Polish or Ottoman cavalry looks so miserably while having not enough funds :grin:
We can lower it to 2000 or even 1700, buy then we must significantly raise the amount of gold earned by killing people, so that the cavalry can upgrade effectively.
Bravescot said:
The shooting from horse back also caused a great deal of distress for my men as well. I can understand holding and firing and horse archers but riding at full pace and firing is just silly.
Sorry, but you shall deal with this common way of fighting for XVIIth century cavalry  :lol:
You may say that in some versions of well known 'caracole' the riders used to stop for shooting, but in deluge times this tactic was already abandoned (by Swedish, don't know how it is about the Germans) and the reiters were firing their pistols while charging, just before melee combat.

Artillery - it is said in the rules that arty squad contains 1 officer and 3 engineers - do you find it too many? Now when 3 engineers take what is needed to use cannon, each of them is able to deploy extra grenade which is really annoying, moreover for those who are familiar with deluge cannon system 2 people are totally enough to fire efficiently (engineer for aiming and officer for watching the target in scope). I believe we shall allow arty squads to be at least two-person (or more if they want, that's their choice). Agree?

And lastly, about the sandwalls, you all think we should forbid digging them? Even if it is like now,  allowed only for engineer (which is allowed to be taken only for those regiments who have >15people)?
If so, remember that it is also possible to collect wooden sticks and bulid some trenches or shields.
One may say that it takes too long to transport them on foot, then we must reconsider the wagons' issue.
Should they be allowed also for line infantry with one rule that pikemen cannon fight on it (or maybe none can fight nor shoot, just transportation?)
Tell me what you think we should do about them, because now I don't see any regiment using that beautiful Deluge invention  :sad:

Czeremis said:
then we must significantly raise the amount of gold earned by killing people

This will make the winners team powerful and get a high chance to win again.

But every round should be the same chance for both teams.

Fairas said:
Czeremis said:
then we must significantly raise the amount of gold earned by killing people

This will make the winners team powerful and get a high chance to win again.

But every round should be the same chance for both teams.
Not really, seeing as most of combat in The Deluge events is, unfortunately, carried out from a range. It doesn't really matter if you have a cooler sword or not when you get shot.

1. Polish Royal Artillery [PRA_Rank_name]
2. 10-15
3. Poland-Lithuania and Musketeers and engineers
4. Cossacks/Crimean Khanate and pikeman etc
5. Yes we are an arty regiment
6. WPMA_Col_Rebellax 
7. very 1st banner, Polish banner

Sooo we'd love to attend this event :razz: Kind of short notice... but.... y'know, I'm not the best.

1. Sunni_Militants (Sunni_Militant_Name)
2. 10-15, possibly a few more
3. Ottoman, anything. We're quite versatile.
4. Holy Roman Empire.
5. Nah, unless on Naval. Not on land though.
6. Steam: Tin Can The Rusty Black Man. Dixieland Army TS: 62.75.245.144:9995 
7.    2nd to last page, far left column, 3rd down. (Ottoman Empire Banner)

Sorry for the late signup, hope to see you all on the field!

1.  Name - Imperial Guard Artillery [IGA]
2.  Amount of people - 4-10
3.  Preferred factions and units -  Holy Roman Empire, Artillery
4.  Non-preferred factions and units - Crimean Khanate,
5.  Are you able to deploy artillery occasionally - Of course...
6.  Leader’s contact, Steam/TS - http://steamcommunity.com/id/Lepracon235/
7.  Banner in game - Double Eagle on Yellow Field

@up *n
Accepted.

Alright guys, one thing needs to be said directly:

WE HAVE NO EVENT SERVER FOR NOW

The Tercio one was good enough to hold not more than 100 people, since the sudden growth of the number of our event's pariticipants the lags have caused the battles unplayable.

Firstly we must find some temporary server, please ask your friends from other mods if they are able to host it in deluge only for single events on Saturdays. I know that most probably it is not permanent solution, so it means that we should consider gathering some money from all the regiments interested in Deluge events and buy our own 200-slots server, not only for events but also for daily plays.

I've got a guy - https://www.simrai.com/ - who has already hosted a deluge server to my friend and it is relatively cheap - 200 slots server will cost us 20 Euro monthly, but I'm not sure if it is strong enough to handle the big events such as ours.

If you have any proposition, mention it here. Otherwise the event will have to be suspended...

Certainly other members of The Lucky Dogs can attest to the quality of their service, as we've all been quite satisfied with this provider, so I'm certain it is not to go out on a limb to say that the people SimRai are a good bunch of folks that gladly provide their services to the specific wishes of their clients.

Have a chat with their customer service; wouldn't be surprised if they'd come to consider providing a temporary server of that scope, once a week, for a decent price.

1. Regiment Podkarpacki
2. 15
3. Commonwealth , Hajduk / dragoon / Hussar
4. Tatars, Moscow, Cossacks
5. Yes
6. kolchowy , hortexio
7.    Ziemia Przemyska

1. 69th Polish Cossacks
2. 10-15
3. Poland, Hussars or Infantry
4. Ottomans, Artillery
5. No
6. IuliusRufus TS: ts22.gameservers.com:9700
7.      Kujawy

Ever since an Invasion event with my regiment introduced me to the mod I've always been itching for more 17th century action.

1. ArmedBull
2. Of course.
3. English
4. I could do that.

The events are back after holiday break!

Next BATTLE coming!

19th September AD 2015

kj1d.png

VS

2j9d.png

All the regiments' commanders will be given a password at 17:45 GMT. We start punctually at 18:00 and we have only 1 hour for the official part of event, so please make it quick so that we can play full time.

See you all on the battlefield!

And remember about VIENNA 1683 historical event on 26th September

1.  Name: Duke of York and Albany's Maritime Regiment of Foot
2.  Amount of people: 10 - 15
3.  Preferred factions and units: Holy Roman Empire - Musket Infantry
4.  Non-preferred factions and units: Ottoman Empire, Tsardom of Moscow.
5.  Are you able to deploy artillery occasionally: Preferably not.
6.  Leader’s contact, Steam/TS: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198059874258/
7.  Banner in game: "Poraj" The White Rose of York on red background.

Back
Top Bottom