War Thunder, Update 1.97: Swedish Tanks

Users who are viewing this thread

I mean it was put there by defeault. I played only one battle so far, was running at WEP the whole time and nothing seemed wrong. Also, the planes seem to deccelerate and accelerate ridiculously fast, although I have played that...well...second of three types of battles. Lastly - there is no attitude indicator in external views? How am I supposed to fly the thing?

Well, HB (or "Realistic" battles) is a bit different from FRB.
If you want to use a joystick, don't fly that. You're outclassed by mouse aim, which is 100% accurate after all.

I am afraid of the most real setting possible, because I dont have TrackIR and the view (judging from the tutorial where you have...LaGG-3?) is terribad. Is there a solid virtual cockpit with view controllable by mouse to allow what TrackIR does (like the wonderful DCS one) or am I enclosed in one position with very stupid ways of looking around (ie. holding c and mouse movement)?

You only get a virtual cockpit if the plane has no regular one, i.e. every bomber. Otherwise you're forced to use a proper cockpit like everyone else.

You can set up the mouse to be your view with no additional buttons. Sheep was pretty good when using "just" that.
I know a guy who uses wsad to look around and he swears by it. It's probably the superior method once you get used to it because you don't have to take your hand off the keyboard when you want to look around.
Or you can use the classic and use the coolie-hat for it. The little stubby thing on the top of your joystick, if it has it.

Do you have a webcam? Many folks use it with various free software out there to track their head movement.

I used WASD to look around, not the mouse. :wink:

It's okay - TrackIR is definitely better for me, but Heffinator (a skilled pilot I fly with) prefers WASD over TrackIR.

Can't wait to get out of these ****ty lower tiers, seen as though the amount of rounds the MGs take to down targets in arcade is ****ing useless. You can put whole clips into planes and nothing will even be critically damaged.

Its much better for farming with bombers in Tier 4 Japan than it is in RB. Tier 4 fighters suck in AB though, it is quite a cluster**** and they are too fast for the close distances so respawn waves always catch up to you and everyone can climb really well.

If you want to farm with bombers play B17s and B24s in FRB. The payout is utterly insane.
You don't need a joystick, you don't need to know anything. Just fly low and slow and rake in kills.

krik said:
A typical HB/RB for me:
1.) I select my plane
2.) I wait ~2 minutes for the MM
3.) I spend the next 5-10 minutes climbing and flying towards the objective
4.) Even after all that climbing, I find a LaGG-3 or a ****cobra who's a thousand or more feet above me
5.) I get BnZ'd and get my engine shot out or set on fire, before I can do much (if any) fighting
6.) **** that ****, I'll go back to arcade.

:razz:

Either that, or when I do choose to fly HB, I'm foolish enough to go out in a miserable (in HB) plane like the Spitfire Mk. Vb, which barely has enough energy to keep its nose out of the ground. I'll let you imagine how those battles go.

krik said:
Fly the middle one, whatever they're calling it now. It's got the same controls as arcade but it's so much better in pretty much every way.
Yeah, I do enjoy HB, but it takes a long time to research things while flying them. Arcade is faster, but just really tedious with only MGs. Also, HB sucks when you fly for 5 minutes only to get dicked by a guy who you didn't even spot.

Wellenbrecher said:
FRB Tanks are surprisingly fun.
Wouldn't have expected it to be. Now if only there was matchmaking... >.>

I still think that they have to add mouse control in FRB for planes. Sticking the mode to the joystick effectively scares the players away. I know the "mouse joystick" thing, and it's ****ty and hard to set up. I'd rather go for an AB match than play with all the settings and test flights to see whether it works or not.

The Bowman said:
Wellenbrecher said:
FRB Tanks are surprisingly fun.
Wouldn't have expected it to be. Now if only there was matchmaking... >.>

I still think that they have to add mouse control in FRB for planes. Sticking the mode to the joystick effectively scares the players away. I know the "mouse joystick" thing, and it's ****ty and hard to set up. I'd rather go for an AB match than play with all the settings and test flights to see whether it works or not.

.........................to mad to even giva an answer to you..................no not gonna be mean

Back
Top Bottom