Obsidian Entertainment - "Project Eternity" aka Pillars of Eternity

Users who are viewing this thread

YourStepDad said:
Peeling into other people's past and memories is not nearly as fun as it sounds

It's pretty fun if you completely ignore those kickstarter funder things standing around.
That's the most common thing that breaks the immersion for me in the game. Sometimes there are more of them in an area than there are other npcs. And you can't communicate with them.

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
Q: How many levels does Watcher's Keep Od Nua have in total? I've done 3 but I'm only level 5, so am planning to gain a couple more levels before going further.

2/3 to go.  :grin:

Endless_Paths.png

The last few levels are very short though. I made it to the last floor at character level 10, but the boss fight requires a MUCH higher party level.

Sir Prince said:
So I got stuck on level 13 of the Endless Paths, turns out you have to do some quest first. Also I highly recoomend using scouting a lot, I missed a LOT of stuff that I used a guide to find the locations off because scouting is too ****ing slow, but lots of hidden loot and buttons.

Not really a quest, just

Talk to the ghosts.

YourStepDad said:
By jogging, of course. :grin:

I can't fathom how developers can still leave out walking, it's such an important roleplaying feature to me. I mean, NPCs walk, why can't you?

Likewise, another quirk that bugs me is that during dialogue, characters basically freeze in the position they were in prior to engaging in conversation, this often means your character's back will be facing the character he's talking to, and the rest of your party will seemingly look in all directions except ones that are relevant and make sense.

There's quite a bit of quirks like this that take away from the experience, if ever so slightly.

In games where walking is included, does anyone actually use it when there's an auto-run option? Doubt it.

I find the moral grey of this game appealing to my RP senses. It basically lets you dictate how you want to end a quest by your character's sensibilities rather than your own good/bad judgement. My team of monks at the moment basically goes, "If it's been killing innocents, we end it. If it promises magic trinkets, we end it, then take the trinkets. If it promises gold, we end it too. We have enough gold from looting every single paladin we encounter."

Did some avatar editing, it's really easy and now the models match the portraits  :q

I added a mail coif to one of the elven avatars, changed the helm to a death godlike face and changed the skin color of the hooded human to match my pale elf rogue:

vh0yw.jpg
raAdh.jpg
Cj__3.jpg
SzWRg.jpg

If anyone wants to use the portraits I can upload to TWIm and share the links.

Sir Prince said:
So I got stuck on level 13 of the Endless Paths, turns out you have to do some quest first. Also I highly recoomend using scouting a lot, I missed a LOT of stuff that I used a guide to find the locations off because scouting is too ****ing slow, but lots of hidden loot and buttons.

Also had my first Leaden Key ambushl, the three weakly wizards boasted about a numerical advantage against my six heavily armed party members and Sagani's wolf. Needless to say it was a very, very short fight. More of a butcher really.
Enter scout mode. Hit D to enter fast mode.
Scouting moves pretty quick then. I've got it set to auto pause on spotting enemies or hidden objects so no worries there.

Amagic said:
The last few levels are very short though. I made it to the last floor at character level 10, but the boss fight requires a MUCH higher party level.

Sir Prince said:

Not really a quest, just

Talk to the ghosts.
That does nothing, the ghost says nothing, you apparently need to know their language which you pick up in a main story quest I haven't done yet.

:lol:

I met the kid who's asking you to get him a knife before he'll tell you a secret. (in DB)
One of the options was "MIGHT/ Lift the kid and shake him until he tells you."

:fruity:

Kana wasn't too happy about it. Hey, I'm a barbarian, k?! I'm not giving a knife to a kid!

D'awwww, cute little piggy ^__^

9dYE-.jpg

Now I have a black hound, an undead black cat, a white wurm and a piggy. What exciting new pets await me tomorrow in Obsidian's new Pillows of Farmville game?!

I haven't been to Heritage Hill yet, so I haven't missed one  :party:

I take a cavalier approach to my adventuring. One day I'm in Defiance Bay, the next I'm in Dyrford. Nobody knows where I'm going to be next! It keeps my enemies on their toes.

The space piglet just isn't as cool as a hamster though. It can't really go for anything above the ankles.
Mr.Milker said:
:lol:

I met the kid who's asking you to get him a knife before he'll tell you a secret. (in DB)
One of the options was "MIGHT/ Lift the kid and shake him until he tells you."

:fruity:

Kana wasn't too happy about it. Hey, I'm a barbarian, k?! I'm not giving a knife to a kid!
Eh while the kid is a bit of a brat he's not too bad (surprisingly), there is a scene that happens later if you go by there after giving him the knife that i won't spoil but is amusing.

New patch. About +800mb.

Notes:
https://forums.obsidian.net/blog/7/entry-179-patch-notes-103/

Makes Bioware's Dragon Age Inquisition patches look like a joke.

Back
Top Bottom