[Werewolf: Archives] Werewolf: In Soviet Russia - Herbalist wins

Users who are viewing this thread

Stalingrad, November of 1942

"Prepare the subject. Comrade Stalin has sent orders to speed up the project. He expects some results soon."

"All is ready, Comrade Ivan. But this is our last volunteer. If we fail again, I'm afraid they are going to start testing it on

us."

Ivan was very aware of that fact. General Zhukov made clear that if he produced even one more of his puppies, he'd be the next

one growing useless fangs and furs. It wasn't the spot he imagined he'd be two years ago, when he first discovered the formulae

to give man a beast strength, like the old myths. Comrade Stalin had seen the potential for an elite unit. Many failures later,

all he saw was a way to punish his enemies.

But he was hopefull now. The latest results were promising, or that was what he kept telling himself. He wasn't looking forward

to a life of raw meat as his only food.

"Do it."

-------------------------------------------

"The subject is stable, Comrade Ivan. The reactions have stopped. We should know some results soon."

"Good, let the subject rest an..."

He was interrupted by an explosion. A lucky German shot managed to hit them. And them several more. An air strike, ordered to

stop the experiments. Somehow the Germans discovered what they were doing.

A little village somewhere in Siberia, 1960

It was a clear, quiet day at the end of summer, and the villagers were preparing themselves for the coming winter. Several

villagers were out collecting firewood, soon the fall snows would begin, and it would get to dry to be usefull. Suddenly, a

piercing cry came from the edge of the forest. Everyone rushed to see what caused the commotion, and they discovered John

staring at a large wolf body.

Catholic: "What happened, John?"

John: "It's Rathyr, he's dead."

Magorian: "That much is obvious, the question is how. I don't see any blood, nor any apparent injuries."

Hojo went closer to examine the body. "Here, this small hole pierces his whole chest, but it didn't hit anything vital. It

doesn't seem to be from a bullet either, and there's a strange smell coming from it."

Calodine: "Wolfsbane."

At the sound of the word, several villagers vomited.

Whoopin: "Then this is what killed him. The wound must be from a crossbow bolt. We have hunters among us."

Everyone started shouting at once. Grimmend was louder in his suggestion. "They have discovered us. We should abandon this

place, start over somewhere else."

Adaham: "There is no time, we can't possibly settle ourselves before winter comes. We have to stay here and root them out."

1 - Eternal - Innocent Wolf
2 - Vieira - Cured Wolf
3 - Facemelter - Innocent Wolf
4 - Bgfan - Eternal - Master Vigilante
5 - NomNom - QuailLover - Innocent Wolf
6 - Magorian - Innocent Wolf
7 - Grimmend - AWdeV - Innocent Wolf
8 - Whoopin - Vigilante
9 - Adaham - Orj - Alpha Wolf
10 - Haresus - Frisian - Vampire
11 - Estonian - Moss - Vigilante
12 - Greatsword - Hojo - Innocent Wolf
13 - Calodine - Herbalist
14 - John - Bulle - Innocent Wolf
15 - Hojo - Ivan, the head scientist

I'm too lazy to write the rules, so I'm going to borrow them from Adaham, who borrowed them Ejnomad, here:

General Gameplay and Etiquette:

You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind.  Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
    There is no editing or removing of your posts. Please use the preview feature before you post.
    There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.
    If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline.  If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
    As a general rule you should aim for one post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
    All days take as long as the amount of players alive. Meaning that the first day will take 15 days. Nights have a strict 3 day time-limit

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:

A simple majority of all living members must agree on one person for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down).
    Votes should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g. Vote:  Player).
    Vote revocations should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g. Unvote: Player or Unvote).  Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
    You may Vote:  No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a Lynch.
    Votes/Unvotes that are bolded correctly and are unambiguous (with respect to player nicknames/abbreviations) will count.
    If no one has reached a majority of votes at deadline, a No Lynch will occur.
    Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.
    Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; the lynched player may not post during twilight but all other living players may continue to post.
    Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post except for a brief “Bah!”-type post.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:

Votecounts will be posted once per page or once per day, whichever is less.
    If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
    The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
    Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.
    Rules violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.  Modkills may be accompanied by a change to day/night.
    Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to Mod discretion and will be handled as the Mod sees fit on a case-by-case basis.
    If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun!  Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

The villagers win when there are no villains left.

The villains win when their group is equal to or outnumbers the rest of the village.

Have fun.

Current Votecount:

2 - Vieira (0) -
4 - Eternal (2) - Moss, Magorian
6 - Magorian (1) - Eternal
10 - Frisian (0) -
11 - Moss (0) -
13 - Calodine (0) -

Not voting (3) - Vieira, Frisian, Calodine

Timeline:
Day 1 - Votecount 1
Day 1 - Votecount 2
Day 1 - Votecount 3
Day 1 - Votecount 4
Day 1 - Votecount 5
Day 1 - Lynch
Day 2 - Dawn
Day 2 - Votecount 1
Day 2 - Lynch
Day 3 - Dawn
Day 3 - Lynch
Day 4 - Dawn
Day 4 - Votecount 1
Day 4 - Lynch
Day 5 - Dawn
Day 5 - Votecount 1
Day 5 - Lynch
Day 6 - Dawn and game over

Roles:

You are a Regular Wolf.

You're one of the subjects of the failed Stalingrad Experiences. The attempt to create an advanced fighting race was a complete failure, leaving you as an outcast who transforms into a powerless wolf during the nights.

You win when there are no villains left alive.

You are the Herbalist.

After years hunting wolves as a veteran Vigilante of the Van Helsing Order, you discovered the true properties of the Wolfsbane. There's a way to cure lycanthropy, and you're going to test it on this village full of powerless beasts.

You can convert a player each night. Only works on Wolves.

You win when your group is equal to or outnumbers the rest of the village.

You wonder in amazement when you fail to transform at night. It seems a miracle, but you are cured.

Later that night, Calodine, the Herbalist, comes into your house and explains everything to you. He can prepare one healing dose of wolfsbane every night, but it only works on regular wolves. He needs your help to keep the hunters and the rest of the village from killing him before more can be saved.

You're now a Cured Wolf.

You win when your group equals or outnumbers the rest of the players.

You are a Vigilante of the Van Helsing Order.

You live to kill monsters. The order got information of this village infested of Werewolves and sent this small expedition to cleanse and investigate how the beasts are able to live in a community of that size.

Your group can kill one player each night.

You are a Master Vigilante of the Van Helsing Order.

You're a live to kill monsters. The order got information of this village infested of Werewolves and sent this small expedition under your leadership to cleanse and investigate how the beasts are able to live in a community of that size.

As a veteran, you are skilled in the building of traps, and can block one player each night by trapping them.

Your group can kill one player each night.

You are the Vampire.

Ancient and hunted thoughout history, you finally found a place where you can live peacefully. Well, not quite, but these outcasts tolerate you without asking too many questions. You've decided to help them live through this danger, and besides, a Vigilante won't show any mercy towards you. But be carefull, these wolves could easily mistake you for a human.

You can use your sneak abilities to check a player each night.

You are the Alpha Wolf.

You're the last subject of the Stalingrad Experiences, and it's only success. No one knows if it's due to a genetic mutation or because of an advancement in the researches, the fact is that you have the true strenght of a werewolf.

You have the ability to kill one player each night.

You're Ivan, the head scientist.

Life haven't been easy for you since the explosion ended your experiment. You managed to survive, but punishment for failure is harsh in the Soviet hierarchy. In your case, it came as a needle containing the same serum that transformed several young soldiers into powerless wolves.

In your exile, you continued to advance your research further but you still haven't been able to recreate the breakthrough before the explosion. It seems this is a good opportunity to test your latest discoveries.

During each night you can choose between creating a new serum or choosing a target for an existing one. You can also give them away during the day.

Strength serum - This old creation can temporarily boost the wolf physical abilities, making him faster and stronger. This allows the wolf to escape any attack that night. Takes one night to complete.

Wolf serum - Your recent discovery, this gives a random ability to a wolf. Takes two nights to complete.

You start the game with a Strength Serum and a Wolf Serum

LAST! (In Soviet Russia)

Now, after this tribute to Bgfan, I'm gonna...

vote: Grimmend

His outcry in the opening narration gave away that he's too concerned as coming across as innocent.

Also John and Catholic are suspicious, because they found the body, and they didn't address each other as "comrade". They are obviously Imperialist spies.

Xardob said:
All days take as long as the amount of players alive. Meaning that the first day will take 15 days. Nights have a strict 3 day time-limit
This one I didn't borrow from Ejnomad, but introduced it myself. I'm glad to see you are using it as well. Nice setup, btw.

Good Day, comrades. Now lets get the discussion moving.

Vote: Whoopin. Because he told me to play, which I find suspicious...

Thanks to Xardob for hosting. This looks like it will be a fun one. I hope I survive longer this time.

Why not participate in the random voting fun, Mag? Something feels strangely conceived in this partially humoristic entrance. Already feels like you're holding back.

Apropros holding back...I'm very tempted to move to my first real suspicion already, but I'm waiting still.

adaham.png

Lynch: Adaham

Sorry for the double double post. @ Xardob: Could you maybe change Catholics name in the player list to Eternal? I know it's him, but he's been just reading, and when checking whether he's actually playing, I had to go thrice through the list before I realized that he's actually Catholic. Cheers.

Eternal said:
Lynch: Adaham
Thanks for saving me from the double post. And I love you, too (nice pic).  :mrgreen:

Adaham said:
Why not participate in the random voting fun, Mag? Something feels strangely conceived in this partially humoristic entrance. Already feels like you're holding back.

Apropros holding back...I'm very tempted to move to my first real suspicion already, but I'm waiting still.

You know that I never make a random vote unless it is required by the rules. I don't see a point. Joking about Calodine without a vote gives everyone just as much "joke information" as an identical post that happens to contain some bolded text. Rest assured, when I have a real suspect, I'll make a vote.

Adaham said:
This clearly indicates a fake sense of apology, a tactic baddies often use to retreat.
Adaham said:
for the double double post
Why the two doubles? Want to exaggerate your point? Yet another sign of wolfishness - showing a point that isn't there in more detail.

Adaham said:
Could you maybe
'Could you maybe'. Not 'could you'. A reluctant question. Clearly he's nervous.
Adaham said:
change Catholics name
Ah! So he wants to throw the gameset off already by changing the name! What a wolfy thing to do. Derail the discussion, by changing a good name such as Catholic. Want to confuse the villagers more, eh? This will be his subtle entrance into accusing me, for sure!

Adaham said:
in the player list to Eternal?
In the player list? No, really, where else? Too much detail. Too specific. Adaham is making himself look extravagant and verbose. Man is a liar already, and it shines through his coat. And he wants the change to Eternal! Something subtle and mystifying. Something worrisome. Some change - because he doesn't like it how it is. He. Wants. An. Innocent. Dead.

In case nobody has a sense of humor, that was a joke, and my last joke post. Serious gear on for me.

Magorian Aximand said:
You know that I never make a random vote unless it is required by the rules. I don't see a point. Joking about Calodine without a vote gives everyone just as much "joke information" as an identical post that happens to contain some bolded text. Rest assured, when I have a real suspect, I'll make a vote.
Smooth recovery...as to be expected.

Nipplemelter said:
Why are you so giddy, Adaham?
Because I am a wolf the third time in a row, but this time it's actually a good thing.  :razz: And if anybody feels inclined to build a case around this, knock yourself out.

Question to you: Why are you playing as lame again as last game? This post of yours is neither a joke, nor a random vote, all you do is again post a one-liner to look as if you're doing something...even on page 1.

Whoopin has been reading for ages and hasn't posted. Show your colours, watching me is not an excuse.

Vieira was one of the first after me to read the opened game and hasn't posted. The only post out there was my first random vote (that also included a joke), so it was a low-pressure situation. He could have just said "Hi, I'm here, gotta run, will be back". No need to come up with an elaborate post. He could have made a post in 30 seconds and thus at least have checked in. Instead he left without even saying "Hi", thus postponing his entrance to a later stage (when maybe some first suspicions have formed already).

I especially can't shake the feeling, he didn't want to get my attention again after what happened last game. It's an easy out to say afterwards that this is "because he learned a lesson", but last game, he wasn't afraid to do so because he was innocent. This time around he might be more conscious of what he does because he wants to safe his villainous skin.
---
Cool, Eternal is starting the quote wars. Gotta read it first.

Adaham said:
Magorian Aximand said:
Smooth recovery...as to be expected.

Well rehearsed, actually. I go through that **** in nearly every game I start. :lol: Remember ejnomad in Tower of Games?

Eternal said:
This clearly indicates a fake sense of apology, a tactic baddies often use to retreat.
This one is very funny, because of all people you should know that I don't get defensive as a baddy  :lol:

He. Wants. An. Innocent. Dead.
I. Wanted. You. To. Post.

I. Succeeded.

YAY.

In case nobody has a sense of humor, that was a joke, and my last joke post.
I think it's more fun to let people guess which of my posts are jokes. Should unnerve especially the bad guys.

Magorian Aximand said:
Well rehearsed, actually. I go through that **** in nearly every game I start. :lol: Remember ejnomad in Tower of Games?
Yeah, I almost had a feeling of having read that exact post before. It's pretty much like me explaining to a new guy that I'm always aggressive.

The only hint we have is the narration, its possible we have a villain speaking in the opening dialog.

Each of these players are in that group:
Catholic
John
Magorian
Hojo
Calodine
Whoopin
Grimmend
Adaham

These players are not in the dialog:
Vieira
Facemelter
Bgfan
NomNom
Haresus
Estonian
Greatsword

The only problem I see concerning the hint is that it includes AdaMagWhoop... Since it will be tough to lynch either of them, I see that the day one narration suspects are down to five.

Uninvite: Hojo
Vote: Hojo

For four reasons:
Hojo said:
I hope I survive longer this time.
The fact that he has the most words in the narration.
Noob villain factor.
Causing me to OMGUS by preemptively voting me first so to redirect the suspicion.

Nipplemelter said:
Why are you so giddy, Adaham?
Why are you so simplistic, Facemelter? Maybe we should vote your face to get some real data outta you. Youre currently sitting pretty outside the narration.

Adaham said:
Whoopin has been reading for ages and hasn't posted. Show your colours, watching me is not an excuse.
Trying to provide a decent post and more replies keep arriving, Ive read the narration three times now to find a hint. Well done being so giddy the first day, I think the chances of you being evil for a third game in a row is possible considering your current activity. However, based on Magorians indecisive post with a predetermined defense... Im sure I cant trust either of you.

Of course you can't trust us. That's the point of the game. :razz:

If you want evidence of the fact that I have been through this discussion before, there is ample amount for me to quote from previous games. Games in which I was innocent, by the way.

OMG, Meta in the first sentence....  :shock:

Nah, nice job stirring the pot, even though you don't come across as "lose" as I'd expect you so early on. Instead of just poking here and there, you are already selecting 5 people because they are in the opening narration, thus reducing the initial pressure on those NOT in the narration.

Also funny you mention the possibility of me being a wolf the third time in a row. All this fits nicely because we just talked about it yesterday, but from the way you bring it to the table now, I feel it's more likely to me that you actually got your first stint as a wolf. Whaddaya think of that?

---
Above bit is @Whoopin.

Magorian Aximand said:
Of course you can't trust us. That's the point of the game. :razz:
Not even really worth mentioning, but yeah.

If you want evidence of the fact that I have been through this discussion before, there is ample amount for me to quote from previous games. Games in which I was innocent, by the way.
I could almost say the same here. The first bit seems a bit unnecessary, as I clearly agree with that and understand your situation.

And then you added "Games in which I was innocent, by the way"...which just reeks so wolfish to me. In fact, this little bit is the only reason why you brought this up once more, so you can point to your innocence back then. Meta-defense. Not really a strong move, it even makes your previous posts look weaker.

Adaham said:
OMG, Meta in the first sentence....  :shock:

Nah, nice job stirring the pot, even though you don't come across as "lose" as I'd expect you so early on. Instead of just poking here and there, you are already selecting 5 people because they are in the opening narration, thus reducing the initial pressure on those NOT in the narration.

Also funny you mention the possibility of me being a wolf the third time in a row. All this fits nicely because we just talked about it yesterday, but from the way you bring it to the table now, I feel it's more likely to me that you actually got your first stint as a wolf. Whaddaya think of that?

---
Above bit is @Whoopin.

All we have to go one currently is meta and your spam, I always like to narrow my suspects to get the game going and I provided a reason behind my vote. Its a fact that whoopin you or Magorian today would be a bad idea because if we are wrong we nailed a good player that provides decent data. Not sure what you mean by "lose" unless you mean "giddy", I want to get this game going properly and made it happen.

And its not funny me mentioning your third time is a charm, which I expected you to use as a good defense... better than the fact that Magorian and I have never played as a villain.

I was tempted to join your wagon on Grimmend to add some pressure, but saw Hojos post. What do you think about joining the Whoopin train? My ego luck tells me Im on the right track.

Back
Top Bottom