[Werewolf: Archives] Werewolf: In Soviet Russia - Herbalist wins

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't think the wolfsbane is anything so dangerous as the arsonist role. That'd kinda **** us at this point.

Here's a thought - Frisian (IIRC, at this point my memory of the game is hazy, will have to check) specifically mentioned wolfsbane not working on him due to his role. Meaning he's an exception. Given the reason he gave (His less wolfiness), we can infer that it also wouldn't affect the hunters. So I don't think it's a bad guy ability. Either innocent or third party. While we don't have anything to compare it to, given the lack of ANYTHING, I think it's whiffed every time so far. No idea what it could be, but if we get a different wolfsbane thing at some point, I'd want a very close look at the people hit so far.

...Yeah, I may have just given a menu of specials to 'em, but again, Frisian's wording sounded like an exception. So if we DO get a wolfsbane thing that implies a different result, chances are the people hit so far have at least one wolf in 'em.

Just somethnig that popped up in my head.

Calodine said:
Here's a thought - Frisian (IIRC, at this point my memory of the game is hazy, will have to check) specifically mentioned wolfsbane not working on him due to his role.
I did, but that's merely speculation though; I was the first one to be wolfsbaned, wasn't I? So there was nothing to compare to. A possible explanation would have been I'm less susceptible to the stuff, but another one is that it isn't necessarily lethal. Perhaps chance based and so far the Herbalist hasn't been lucky.

Hm, I don't think it's lethal. For one, chance based lethality is really swingy, and I don't think that's Xardob's style. It may not even necessarily be against the town. We dunno.

Hell, it's even possible it's akin to the uh...I forget the name, Tavern of Terror had a role that can choose his side. s'possible it's something like that. That'd even work with my theory that he's whiffed every night so far - Maybe hitting the hunters is the whole point.

Buuuut this is a wee bit too much guesswork and speculation. No way of knowing more right now.

I have to offer my deepest apologies for my absence. I hate to do that to the other players and to Xardob.

I do still want to make my case against Moss, but it is rather clear that there is no hope of moving the lynch in that direction at the moment, what with the lack of activity and heavy support for Bulle's lynch. Bulle's attitude about defending herself hasn't given me much reason to fight for her defense.

Vote: Bulle

Votecount

2 - Vieira (0) -
4 - Eternal (0) -
5 - QuailLover (0) -
6 - Magorian (0) -
10 - Frisian (0) -
11 - Moss (0) -
13 - Calodine (1) - Bulle
14 - Bulle (5) - Eternal, Moss, Calodine, QuailLover, Magorian

Not voting (2) - Vieira, Frisian

Bulle is lynched. She was an Innocent Wolf.

Night ends Monday.

QuailLover was killed by two crossbow bolts. Frisian was found trapped under a net.

The night was quieter than normal, and it seems there were less howls than it shoud.

QuailLover was an Innocent Wolf.

It's Lynch or Lose, good luck.

****. Well, now we've got to step up our game.

There's no wolfbaning, which seems to imply that the wolfbaner targeted Quail. Or the wolfbaner simply didn't do anything.

I've got to run for a bit, but I'm really feeling ****ty after the Bulle lynch. I'm so aimless right now, ugh. I'll draft up a proper LoS later, I suggest we all do. Also will dredge up a post on Magorian, I know I saw something fishy in his posts, but I don't remember what at this point.

Alright, I suppose now would be the time to come out with it. Vieira is clear. Frisian knows my role, I'm keeping it to myself for the time being because lylo takes priority, I'd prefer he does the same for now - Plenty of time to discuss that when imminent loss is outta the way. He can, if nothing else, vouch that killing me today will cause us to lose due to lylo. If the majority disagree and want a full claim, I'll oblige.

Of the people alive, I have a read on two - Vieira being one. The info I can actually give is rather ****ty, but at this stage every little helps.

I get to find out if someone is a standard wolf or not. IE I don't know if my second read is a special or a hunter. There's a secondary ability that hopefully won't come into play.

Here's my list:

Me, Frisian,Vieira: Clear
Magorian, Eternal, Moss: not clear

Of those last three, if frisian has a read on any courtesy of his role ability, that'd be most helpful. If at all possible I don't want to give away the guy I have a read on if Frisian also does, as he can actually say whether it's a hunter or a special.

Calodine said:
Alright, I suppose now would be the time to come out with it. Vieira is clear. Frisian knows my role, I'm keeping it to myself for the time being because lylo takes priority, I'd prefer he does the same for now - Plenty of time to discuss that when imminent loss is outta the way. He can, if nothing else, vouch that killing me today will cause us to lose due to lylo. If the majority disagree and want a full claim, I'll oblige.

Of the people alive, I have a read on two - Vieira being one. The info I can actually give is rather ****ty, but at this stage every little helps.

I get to find out if someone is a standard wolf or not. IE I don't know if my second read is a special or a hunter. There's a secondary ability that hopefully won't come into play.

Here's my list:

Me, Frisian,Vieira: Clear
Magorian, Eternal, Moss: not clear

Of those last three, if frisian has a read on any courtesy of his role ability, that'd be most helpful. If at all possible I don't want to give away the guy I have a read on if Frisian also does, as he can actually say whether it's a hunter or a special.
I know what you're talking about. I have information that could help, but I'd rather share it later.

So it's between Moss and Magorian. I've got reading to do.

To clarify, by later I mean when and if it is necessary, not that I'm holding back anything for ****s and gigs.

Wow. There's so little of Magorian to even argue. We had some distancing from Whoopin and distancing from Bulle, but aside from that, he's so skimpy on posting.

So I found a fault in Eternal's reasoning.

Eternal said:
So it's between Moss and Magorian. I've got reading to do.

If you accept my given info as correct (Which seems pretty damn iffy to just take as true right off the bat, honestly), and Frisian as innocent (No ****), that leaves you and those two. If you remove yourself (Again, no **** from your point of view), that leave just those two. In a lylo with six people. Which means there's two wolves.

I dun geddit, from your post you've just outright accepted it's one of those two. But if it's only one, then you yourself have to be a wolf.

Well that makes things simple then.

Vote: Magorian

I was under the idea that there was only one, for whatever reason.

I believe your claim because it makes complete sense from what I've been guessing. What's more, Frisian has yet to lie, and he's essentially a confirmed innocent. He confirmed you as innocent, therefore you must be innocent, and you have **** all need to lie if you're an innocent. It's not iffy at all, it would be iffy to deny it. I'll be curious to see if any villain does.

Well, actually, you're wrong :razz:

For one, Frisian hasn't confirmed me. I've just said he's capable of it. And I'm not, strictly speaking, an innocent. I win with the town, but I'm not actually part of the town :razz:

Oh right, I should probably point out that, even if I'm lying about my win condition, the hunters winning tonight would still cause me to lose, so there's still no reason to doubt the info about Vieira being clear. The only possible win condition that makes lying about that not pants on head retarded is winning with the wolves, in which caase I'd have just painted a rather large target on both mine and Vieira's heads. I do hope you don't think I'm that stupid :3

I can confirm that me and Calo do indeed win with the town, but we also lose with the town, which does make this important that we lynch one of the right people. There must be two of them with there being 6 of us.

I think Magorian is a wolf. For one, he hammered Bulle in the last day without posting much, if anything at all, throughout the day. He also proposed that because there are two bolts, that means there are two hunters. I did believe that that until I saw tonight's results. Mainly because Frisian has been trapped two nights in a row. There is now no doubt in my mind that he is innocent and that he told the truth with his claim, because of this: The game has not been a particularly active one, and because of that Frisian is our main source of information. Unless he is blocked. Which he has been. This leads me to firmly believe that the roleblocker is a hunter, while there is only one crossbowman (as opposed to Magorians belief there were two because of the two bolts).

This helps give me the impression that Mag is a bad man. Assuming he is a hunter, then this is him handing out false information or giving a false idea to the set up. Obviously it means little if he is innocent, as it would likely just be a guess based on the narrations. He has been in all 3 lynches, being the hammer in two of them. Granted, one was Whoopin who was also bad but what better way to gain trust? Notice, in the same post he makes this statement:

I hope your death is informative. because it's a shame to lose you.

While it looked at the time a sincere statement, it looks like a mere apology to his pack mate for the lynch.

vote: Magorian
I would like a response from him. He hasn't been active, so I feel it is time he is brought into this more.

I would also like to see more reasoning from Eternal on his vote. Is there any other reason besides "It's not me so it must be one of them"? Why did you choose to vote Magorian rather than Moss? There wasn't much careful in that vote, at a point in the game where we must be very careful.

Also, I will unvote should Magorian have a 3rd vote placed upon him in the next few days. I do not want this day rushed, as that is not helpful in the slightest.

FrisianDude said:
Right, to clarify why I unvoted -slightly disappointed no-one asked-  I checked on him. Calodine is not a wolf hunter. I'm not entirely sure of his innocence, but he is not the same role Whoopin was.

Bulle, could you BE any more wishy-washy suspicious?

This is what I was referring to, Calo. I had it placed in my mind as a confirm and not 'not entirely sure' but it would still make so little sense and be so out of the water for you to be a villain that I'd rather not touch it.

Vieira, I had posted suspicions all along before, and cited distancing from Bulle and Whoopin (an incredible villain thing to do) as a particular example. At this point, however, that frankly doesn't matter, because he and Moss have to be villains for me. I could as well vote Moss.

Ah, I guess I must have missed those. I really have yet to read through the pages I missed properly. I guess I should do that.  :mad:

Would you have any other reasons to vote Moss besides the fact he has to be a villain?

Back
Top Bottom