[Werewolf: Archives] Werewolf: In Soviet Russia - Herbalist wins

Users who are viewing this thread

Nipplemelter said:
Because it is evident in your responses that you misunderstood what I was doing. I am not contradicting myself or moving goalposts; you keep turning this into something it was never meant to be, so obviously things have gotten off tack. Continuing to pursue this **** is helping nobody and getting nowhere, which is why I said we should stop.

It's helping me get somewhere. You say you're not being contradictory, but I can put contradictory phrases from you back to back. You say that you're not moving goalposts, but I can show you exactly where you've made points in one place, that are then different a few posts later.

Nipplemelter said:
Because when I went through the thread again I was taking notes on things that still stood out to me, and those notes are what I posted.

It stood out to you, ... despite the fact that it was already addressed.

Nipplemelter said:
And how are concern and suspicion different?

You can be concerned about something a player said without thinking they are overly suspicious; it isn't hard to understand, and you should know the difference.

Concern is suspicion. Certainly there are levels, but these things go hand in hand. If something isn't suspicious, it isn't concerning. If you want to draw an arbitrary line somewhere, and label everything below "concern" and everything above "suspicion", that's fine. You just need to tell everyone where that line is so we can understand you.

Nipplemelter said:
Mix this with your attempt to attribute to Adaham an argument he never made, following much the same lines (a little thing to make himself look innocent, despite his strong wording to the contrary) and I'm beginning to see a trend.

Bull****. I never did this, and already went over this to you, and yet you still completely missed the point.

No, I got that one just fine too. Let's take a look at what was said:

Face: You know that it is possible that you could be a wolf three times in a row; don't try to downplay it. ... And you are stretching the whole "I am probably not a wolf three times in a row" too much as well; it means jack****. ... The way Adaham phrased this makes it seem like he is downplaying the possibility of being a wolf, as seen in the first sentence.

And all this despite Adaham saying, "You have to get your probability rates correct...the fact you and Magorian never were wolf in earlier dice rolls, doesn't affect the rolling of the dice this time."

I even replied to that. "This is correct thinking. If the roles are random, we all have the same chance of being evil in this game. The fact that I have never begun a game as a wolf means nothing about what I am this game. The fact that Adaham was a wolf twice in a row in no way makes it less likely that he is a wolf again."

You tried to attribute to Adaham the notion that it was less likely that he'd be a wolf because he's been a wolf twice in a row, and you did this by quoting his joking with Whoopin (in response to Whoopin's theories about Xardob using non-random role generating) and ignoring his actual argument on the matter. That seems pretty much analogous to the thing you're doing with me.

Magorian Aximand said:
You just need to tell everyone where that line is so we can understand you.

I already said that I didn't find you suspicious, but what I quoted bothered me; you should have seen the line there.

And all this despite Adaham saying, "You have to get your probability rates correct...the fact you and Magorian never were wolf in earlier dice rolls, doesn't affect the rolling of the dice this time."

Hey, guess what? I mentioned that when I made the post; I specifically pointed it out because it was a bit of a contradiction.

You tried to attribute to Adaham the notion that it was less likely that he'd be a wolf because he's been a wolf twice in a row, and you did this by quoting his joking with Whoopin (in response to Whoopin's theories about Xardob using non-random role generating) and ignoring his actual argument on the matter.

When Adaham jokes, he makes it obvious. Please tell me how this is a joke:

Adaham said:
Also funny you mention the possibility of me being a wolf the third time in a row. All this fits nicely because we just talked about it yesterday, but from the way you bring it to the table now, I feel it's more likely to me that you actually got your first stint as a wolf. Whaddaya think of that?

Oh great, Estonian managed to get himself banned. Back to looking for another replacement.

Votecount:

1 - Eternal (1) - Whoopin
2 - Vieira (0) -
3 - Facemelter (0) -
4 - Bgfan (1) - Magorian
5 - QuailLover (0) -
6 - Magorian (0) -
7 - AWdeV (1) - Calodine
8 - Whoopin (4) - Greatsword, Eternal, Hojo, AWdeV
9 - Adaham (0) -
10 - Frisian (1) - Facemelter
11 - Estonian (0) -
12 - Greatsword (0) -
13 - Calodine (1) - Vieira
14 - Bulle (1) - Adaham
15 - Hojo (0) -

Not Voting (5) - Bgfan, Bulle, Frisian, QuailLover, Estonian

Deadline is going to be Tuesday, May 1st, 23:00H.

Hm, remarkable, in a way, that Whoopin is the most-voted on at the moment (at least partially) due to his own "don't vote for these guys, they're unlikely to die" idea.

Listen, you dense bucket of horse ****, this thread is specifically for playing a game. Therefore, only players who actually play the game should post in this thread. Therefore, **** off or sign up as a replacement.

Danik Golovanov said:
Why do you always have to include Russia in your sick fantasies?
What? Xardob? Sick fantasies? What?

Oh, I have read the pages up until page 15.

Thoughts so far: Magorian seems to not be able to understand other peoples points. Whoopin only seems to critize those who critized him but manages to fool his opponents in going with his faulty logics which means at that point that everyone that was talking about the Whoopin-issue besides AWdeV, Magorian, Calodine and Adaham used faulty logics. This is such a mess.

Vote: DDM

Obviously trying to draw attention from his lack of prior posts by distracting everyone with stupidity.

I've been asked by Xardob to replace TheEstonian. Because in Soviet Russia bans stop people from not playing. Will wait for him to confirm that the slot hasn't gone to someone else and if so will try to catch up/post in the morning. That is if I haven't coughed myself to death by then and have regained my ability to look at a computer screen for more than five seconds without my head exploding.

Xardob said:
If no one has reached a majority of votes at deadline, a No Lynch will occur.
Cmon players, I reviewed the rules to find out what happens when we dont have a majority and was surprised to read it wasnt a lynch with the most votes. We have less time than a Kronic day to make a decision or we give it the initiative to the villains and we will have less data to work with tomorrow. Let make an effort to get some real posts going so we know who stands where and start focus firing.

Currently we have only solo votes on everyone but myself, it seems my conviction of Eternal is very hard to sell and its understandable since hes active and useful so I will be forced to let him live to evil another day.

Unvote

Now will look at the current suspects and give you my opinion on their case:

4 - Bgfan (1) - Magorian
This case seemed like Magorian was lookin were others didnt bother, its like he checked the votes and only seemed to hunt a player that no one else suspected enough to vote. His idea was solid but needed a follow up which is very difficult when the target is AFK. Im not really convinced we should lynch Bgfan based on one post suspicion otherwise that would be valid for a handful of other players concerning the replcements and activity. Finally Im actually suspicious of Magorian since this split vote seems like he was trying to participate without convincing a wagon and it came after I made it clear he was not living up to his capabilities of a convincing innocent.

7 - AWdeV (1) - Calodine
Sees a possible slip that has merit regarding 'let someone act like a wolf' tactic and commenced some quality hunting... until AWdeV got too busy to reply. This vote clearly has the best case of the current split.

8 - Whoopin (4) - Greatsword, Eternal, Hojo, AWdeV
Its very possible we have a wolf on this wagon. Greatsword has been inactive and seems like he successfully parked his vote the entire day, I dont even know who else he suspects and if we do lynch him we will get less data from the result than the others. Hojo due to his suspicious "change of character", lack of posts to reply to my accusations because it seems he has to really "create" a good excuse for its actions, and hasnt helped convince us why he wants me or Vieira lynched.  AWdeVs reasoning was a contradiction since it was valid to even vote for Eternal but he chose the EZAntiWhoopin stance, seems like villain behavior to latch on to a current suspicion and ride it out. He also hasnt replied directly to my counter questioning of whom he thinks is a villain after stating only who he thinks is innocent... I answered his question and he hasnt returned the favor.

10 - Frisian (1) - Facemelter
This was truly a vote on Haresus, for waiting for Whoopin to post along with asking my opinion and [http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,225084.msg5423500.html#msg5423500]going to do something different[/url]. Since then its been difficult to support that accusation since the replacement.

13 - Calodine (1) - Vieira
The weakest case of them all since it no one else other than Eternal thinks Calodine deserves it - Vieira admitted he has nothing to help us which is suicide for a villain... its very possible hes an innocent since I think he would possibly try a little harder to save his life if evil.

14 - Bulle (1) - Adaham
Truly a lurker vote to add pressure to make John post, but since the replacement I havent seen anyone hunt this player and seems like I wont be able to come up with anything to convince others that we should lynch her. Too bad Adaham is absent, Werewolf without the Ace is less fun.

Hope that puts it all into a better perspective since its hard to keep track of what exactly happened this entire day, based on this data Im gonna join the Calotrain because of the reasons I stated above.

Vote: AWdeV

That looks a little like a little bit of a disguised OMGUS, in my opinion. It's actually similar to a tactic I employed last game, that I used to try to piece things together. Thing is, I  employed it after Night 1, when I felt I could use it. At the moment... yours feels simply like an OMGUS vote, even though you have a little bit of reasoning. If we were to assume you were an innocent, there is a good chance there may be a wolf there. Only thing is, we can't really assume that at the moment.

Having looked back at the thread, and read and tried to find something, I did feel that the more I read of your infamous narration listing/crossing out, the more it seems like a valid technique to use. Especially considering it was on page 2. Only thing I'm worried about having said that, is that you're a good, good player and I can't help but feel paranoid that that was your intention. It's a bit of a WIFOM, really. Other than that, you have been a fairly normal Whoopin (if a little defensive for a while).

I do not support a Whoopin lynch. If, however, we are nearing a no lynch near the end of the day, I would willingly put my vote over to Whoopin to achieve a lynch (assuming he is the player with the most votes at the time). Mainly because he has caused a lot of discussion today, and I imagine having him lynched will give us plenty to talk about tomorrow, too.

I think I will try compose an LoS. I doubt any thoughts will be completely concrete, but I shall try.

Whoopin said:
14 - Bulle (1) - Adaham
Truly a lurker vote to add pressure to make John post, but since the replacement I havent seen anyone hunt this player and seems like I wont be able to come up with anything to convince others that we should lynch her. Too bad Adaham is absent, Werewolf without the Ace is less fun.
It's because I am prettier than John.

Anyway, what is the deelio with you basically almost always only vote or suspect people that either votes or suspect you first? What's the deeliiioooo, Whoopin? You are acting like Hojo, but Hojo is a n00b.

Please also bear in mind the case against Whoopin has so much more than just the initial page 2 vote as supporting evidence of his guilt.

I could not write 1000 words about that page 2 shenanigans.

Bulle said:
Whoopin said:
14 - Bulle (1) - Adaham

Err, "I won't be able to come up with anything to convince others that we should lynch her".

Why should we lynch her in the first place? What are your reasons for wanting to lynch her?

Also; lolOMGUS. And sure, calodine is a quality hunter because he hunts exactly who you want him to hunt. Real suave.  :lol:

And yes. I've been busy and tired this week. I still am. Tired at least. I'll make a proper post tomorrow and I'll adress Calodine's quality hunting there. Not that I think it's going to change my opinion on the Whoopster much because this is just pathetic.

Whoopin: Makes ****ty post.
Gets called out on it.
OMGUS.
Tries snuggling up to Calodine because he disagreed with me.

Sure, sure. If I wasn't already voting you, I'd vote for you.

Although I suspect you'd never have made this post if I hadn't already voted for you, so that's a bit cyclical. :lol:

CRAP.

AWdeV said:
Whoopin said:
14 - Bulle (1) - Adaham

Err, "I won't be able to come up with anything to convince others that we should lynch her".

Why should we lynch her in the first place? What are your reasons for wanting to lynch her?

Also; lolOMGUS. And sure, calodine is a quality hunter because he hunts exactly who you want him to hunt. Real suave.  :lol:

And yes. I've been busy and tired this week. I still am. Tired at least. I'll make a proper post tomorrow and I'll adress Calodine's quality hunting there. Not that I think it's going to change my opinion on the Whoopster much because this is just pathetic.

Gets called out on it.
OMGUS.

Although I suspect you'd never have made this post if I hadn't already voted for you, so that's a bit cyclical. :lol:

This is how it's supposd to be.

Another goddamn fail.

The misspelled "this is how it's supposed to be wasn't supposed to be in the quote. See, I'm tired. ****ty make post I.

AWdeV said:
Whoopin said:
14 - Bulle (1) - Adaham

Did you even read my post? I was giving my opinion on the current votes and there still is a vote from Adaham on John/Bulle. Did you just post this all fast style without caring since you noticed I voted you?

Gets called out on it.
OMGUS.

This is how it's supposd to be.
Did you even click the link I provided to show you what Calodine saw and the reason why he placed his vote on you? Its not a OMGUS cause I dont think you suck I think your actions have been wolfy. Especially since I clearly asked you who you thought was evil other than me after you asked me my suspicions and you havent bothered even telling us your answer. But you had time to turbo type up your last reply, **** up the quote, just to try to discredit me. I didnt try to buddy up to Calodine either try reading the opinion I made on the EternalWagon hopped on.

Back
Top Bottom