[Werewolf: Archives] Werewolf: In Soviet Russia - Herbalist wins

Users who are viewing this thread

Eternal said:
Eternal said:
Regarding the net: Look at it this way.
Kill: Definitely a villain kill. A crossbow. Why would a wolf have this?
From Crossbow -> net. Understandable, very physical. Weapon, bow, net, something associated with hunters.
From Crossbow -> wolfsbane. Wolfsbane honestly seems to be a more sciencey weapon. I wouldn't be surprised if Hojo used it, actually. It just seems unusual that hunters would swap from a crossbow to suddenly using plants.
I'm having a hard time seeing how this suggests the net was thrown by a villain rather than by an innocent wolf. It states the crossbow is not a wolf weapon, which is fair enough. It also states that there is not much of a leap between crossbow and net, which is fair enough. It does not however state that wolves could not use a net. It only suggests that villains can also use nets.

Agreed, but which is more likely, someone using a crossbow also using a net, or a wolf using a net? And then factor in a person using a crossbow to brutally shoot Hojo while also stinking up your house with a plant.

You can't delve too far into it, but I'm sure Xardob has a particular train of thought when he imagines 'hunters'. It doesn't clear Whoopin by any means, especially when you factor what AWdeV and Bulle said into the mix, but there are things that need to be considered. Considering that, though, and the way he played Day 1:

Vote: Whoopin

That's a tentative pressure vote. I want him to post.

What happened to my idea to go ahead, vote and give a simple reason so we can move forward? All we have so far is Eternals vote and it doesnt really tell us more about his suspicions, only to get more information from a me when I already made it clear where I stand on day one and day two. AWdeVs reply was actually provided his opinion on the narration even though it was defensive and stating the obvious.

Its very hard for me to comment on today after being trapped last night and not really knowing for sure if it was a villain or vigilante, you guys are right its possibly either or and either way I did successfully draw aggro and caused a non-special to be blocked by either party. Based on the results, I wont vote for Frisian today and will wait to see what happens the next morning to possibly determine how the Soviet gameplay works.

Has Greatsword asked for a replacement? He hasnt posted once this entire day and has been as effective as Vieira.

We only a few days left and its important we move forward, place some votes guys... it will even stir some conversation.

Whoopin said:
Has Greatsword asked for a replacement? He hasnt posted once this entire day and has been as effective as Vieira.
He has not. I prodded him a few days ago and he said he'd try to post soon. I'll prod him again.

Hey guys, crazy has subsided for a bit.

My only real comment on the last couple of pages is on this:
AWdeV said:
Only one kill for what is probably a group of hunters is a bit difficult to believe. It is a fair assumption to think that there are more people in this group who can kill. Seeing as there is little reason for a villain not to try a kill it seems safe to assume that one of the two incapacitated is a second hunter. Maybe both are, but that's assuming a lot of things about the wolfsbane.
The one time I've been a villain in a WW game we had one kill to decide per night, plus one of us also had a special ability (IIRC he was a 'recruiter' style character, he could bring over one or two innocent players to the wolfpack in the game). At least as far as my experience goes the one kill per pack is pretty much par for the course in a WW game and it's not unlikely that the villians have at least one special ability.

The issue with the net is a bit too far into metagame for me as well. You could easily say the same for the wolfsbane, if that was a villains special, why wouldn't they kill a wolf who's weakened and defenseless by poison? Probably for the same reason we're only likely to see one wolf kill per night, the games balance takes a higher priority than believability.

Have work I need to do today, but I'll try to get a LoS up later, hopefully that might help to kickstart some dialogue.

So, Eternal, let me get this straight? You only voted for Whoopin now because you felt some reassurance in other peoples concern and not in your own conviction?

He's being flippity-floppity. He coulkdn't imagine whoopster being a baddie but when I said I found the both of them suspicious he completely changed tune/track/opinion/what the **** ever.

Moss said:
Hey guys, crazy has subsided for a bit.

My only real comment on the last couple of pages is on this:
AWdeV said:
Only one kill for what is probably a group of hunters is a bit difficult to believe. It is a fair assumption to think that there are more people in this group who can kill. Seeing as there is little reason for a villain not to try a kill it seems safe to assume that one of the two incapacitated is a second hunter. Maybe both are, but that's assuming a lot of things about the wolfsbane.
The one time I've been a villain in a WW game we had one kill to decide per night, plus one of us also had a special ability (IIRC he was a 'recruiter' style character, he could bring over one or two innocent players to the wolfpack in the game). At least as far as my experience goes the one kill per pack is pretty much par for the course in a WW game and it's not unlikely that the villians have at least one special ability.

The issue with the net is a bit too far into metagame for me as well. You could easily say the same for the wolfsbane, if that was a villains special, why wouldn't they kill a wolf who's weakened and defenseless by poison? Probably for the same reason we're only likely to see one wolf kill per night, the games balance takes a higher priority than believability.

Have work I need to do today, but I'll try to get a LoS up later, hopefully that might help to kickstart some dialogue.

Only one kill per night? Huh. REally? Yeah, both the net and the wolfsbane are incredibly vague; lot of options are possible so we probably shouldn't assume one or the other too quickly.

{hr]

Actual more proper posting tomorrow. My schoolweek is at an end already but they were three ****hectic days and I'm really out ofit. Just ago I somehow managed to not even hold a cup of water properly, tilting it too far and then jerking it in the other direction so that half still flew out.

SO yeah, sodom and tomorrah.

The flippity-floppy is very different from how determined he was last day.

Oh, I am going away over the weekend for some volunteering. But I guess that wont make much difference with everyone being so inactive.

Bulle said:
The flippity-floppy is very different from how determined he was last day.
I'd rather take in other opinions than be lynched again.

And yes. Before AWdeV, I didn't see a conceivable reason or way that Whoopin could be villain. Hate me on it all you want.

Votecount

2 - Vieira (0) -
3 - Facemelter (0) -
4 - Bgfan (0) -
5 - QuailLover (0) -
6 - Magorian (0) -
7 - AWdeV (0) - Whoopin
8 - Whoopin (0) - AWdeV, Eternal, Frisian
9 - Orj (0) -
10 - Frisian (0) -
11 - Moss (0) -
12 - Greatsword (0) -
13 - Calodine (0) -
14 - Bulle (0) -

Not Voting (9) - Everyone else

Greatsword also asked for a replacement. And I still haven't found one for Vieira. If by Friday no one is willing to play, I'll just kill them off. There has already been way too much replacements in this game.

Deadline for the day is Monday, 21th 2300 GMT.

Also, I'm enforcing a forced votecount to help with discussion. Everyone who is not voting must place a vote on their next post.

Torn between Awdev and Eternal (Again). Dislike the idea of lynching him for almost the same reason again, but basically Eternal's playing by wind. First he refuses to lynch Whoopin. Then he blames it on not wanting to be lynched. Then he picks out a post that wants Whoopin dead and jumps back aboard the failtrain.

Conversely, Awdev has given pretty much zero reason for my opnion to have changed from last time I voted for him. In interest of actually getting something going, I'm gonna go with him. Vote: Awdev

Xardob said:
Greatsword also asked for a replacement. And I still haven't found one for Vieira. If by Friday no one is willing to play, I'll just kill them off. There has already been way too much replacements in this game.

Deadline for the day is Monday, 21th 2300 GMT.

Also, I'm enforcing a forced votecount to help with discussion. Everyone who is not voting must place a vote on their next post.

Well, my last thing of Uni is on the 21st. And I'll be pretty busy until then. If you can't find someone to replace me before then I am willing to try and play again on/after the 21st.

Damn...sorry I haven't been active much. I'm in finals mode also, until the end of next week.

I'll try and get a post of substance, in a half an hour, when I read up.

Vieira said:
Well, my last thing of Uni is on the 21st. And I'll be pretty busy until then. If you can't find someone to replace me before then I am willing to try and play again on/after the 21st.
I could work with that. Let's try it and see how it goes.

QuailLover said:
Damn...sorry I haven't been active much. I'm in finals mode also, until the end of next week.

I'll try and get a post of substance, in a half an hour, when I read up.
Xardob said:
Everyone who is not voting must place a vote on their next post.
I'll let this one slip with just a warning. Don't make me punish anyone.

Xardob said:
Xardob said:
Everyone who is not voting must place a vote on their next post.
I'll let this one slip with just a warning. Don't make me punish anyone.

AWww ****. Sorry about that.  :???:

Anyway, even though it seems that Eternal tried his hardest not to concentrate on Whoopin, he always returns to him. He started earlier in the day that he didn't want to vote on someone who he thought was innocent via the narration. Then he votes on him later.

I'm sorry as it's been said, but that really doesn't look good.

FrisianDude said:
Flippity-floppy indeed, but I agree with your vote Eternal. Whoopin done it.

Vote:Whoopin

This also seems, odd to me. Very, VERY odd to me. Seems a bit "pack matey" (or "evil matey") to me, but his previous posts don't seem to indicate that. As they had a banter back and forth.

Since I have to vote, and that was really the only thing that really stood out to me when reading I'm going to:

Vote: FrisianDude

You realize Frisian has pretty much been cleared via narration, right?

I'll explain my Whoopin thoughts one last time.

Hojo was slain by a crossbow, and Whoopin was blocked/whatever by a net. It seemed far more likely to me that Whoopin was the one hit by the villains, as opposed to Frisian, due to the physical nature of the weapons utilized. I don't see a hunter with a crossbow suddenly using plants somewhere, rather, I see them netting the villains.

When AWdeV pointed out that the net was outside Whoopin's house, Whoopin would've been a good target for a human roleblocker, and that Whoopin had to leave his house in order to trigger the net, then things were different.

Secondly, I'm not getting off feelings about either of the other two lynch choices. Frisian has been semi-cleared. Yes, wolfsbane could affect humans too, wolfsbane could just be whatever, but honestly, the biggest chances are Frisian is a wolf and was adversely impacted. I also don't feel wolfy vibes from Frisian either, aside from his latest vote post, which feels off.

I likewise don't like the case against AWdeV. I am also getting positive vibes from him and sense an actual urge to hunt for hunters.

Mainly, I want Whoopin lynched. If a magorian train comes around, I'd more than happily hop on it - I'm very suspicious of the guy. And real pity about everyone replacing out.

I think it's better to wait until tomorrow in terms of Whoopin and Frisian, it won't really hurt us that much. It's an easy way to see if there is anything odd with them and in the meanwhile we can focus on catching another bad person. If something extra happens tomorrow night we know for sure that it's either Whoopin or Frisian, right? If we play our cards right, we can catch two evildoers.

I don't really like this flippity-floppity of yours Eternal. Now we at least knew that your focusing on Whoopin was innocent, but the way you went drastically backwards and forwards on this stands out quite a lot.

So; vote: Eternal

Back
Top Bottom