How can I make Floris look like Native ?

Users who are viewing this thread

lamerstein

Sergeant at Arms
Floris is the best mod I've ever played. Stable (for me), bursting with features.

I'm currently playing the Extended version and the only thing I dont like about it are "polished"graphics mods. How can I make them go away ?

Actualy the only thing that REALY bothers me are the color of the "grass" - not the actual grasses but that texture which is used for the earth when you turn of the grass. The problem is that it is DARK and there is no enough contrast with units. How can I change it to the native one ???
The Gameplay version has the same dark texture.

I've tried instructions in the FAQ sections for removing mods (animations) ....but that I cant figure out.
Also - how can I get the Native skyboxes and lightning again ?

So basicaly what I'm trying to achieve is all the features of Extended version but with the EXACT same looks of Native.

I'm sorry if I'm not clear, but can you help me ?

That_one_guy said:
Isn't that what the gameplay version is? Floris without most of the graphics mods?
This is a correct statement.  Give the gameplay version a try, Lamerstein, but remember to install the gameplay patch 1 on our download page.

Im thinking gameplay has the floris flora with the darker ground textures, which is exactly what he dislikes - might be wrong though.

Indeed, the darker texture is used in all editions. To get the original Native textures, you'll need to do the following:
- Backup the Floris textures you're going to replace (in case you don't like the native ones after all)
- Copy the appropiate textures to the Floris Mod folder.
- Rename these textures to the name the Floris textures had.

You want to replace the ground textures, I understand. In Floris, they all start with 'min_env_ground'. So:

min_env_ground_desert.dds = desert.dds
min_env_ground_dry_grass.dds = dry_grass.dds
min_env_ground_earth.dds = ground_earth.dds
min_env_ground_forest.dds = ground_forest.dds
min_env_ground_mountain.dds = mountain.dds
min_env_ground_ocean.dds = ocean.dds
min_env_ground_path.dds = ground_path.dds
min_env_ground_plain.dds = plain.dds
min_env_ground_river.dds = river.dds
min_env_ground_snow.dds = snow.dds
min_env_ground_stone1.dds = ground_stone1.dds
min_env_ground_village.dds = ground_village.dds
min_env_ground1.dds = ground1.dds
min_env_ground2.dds = ground2.dds
min_env_map_steppe.dds = map_steppe.dds

Just rename and replace and be done with it :smile:.

Thank you monnikje, this is exactly what I was looking for  :grin:

EDIT: Worked flawlessly, it looks perfect now.

There was a bunch of _bump files ...like ground_bump.dds. I didn't overwrite those, is that ok ?

Hey I fixed it, just download my mod on the Nexus, based on Floris but I fixed this and all the textures that came from native plus so many new troops and armour/weapons (including all the weapons from native. It's called Cadmus Floris Expansion

Back
Top Bottom