Missing weapon mesh?

Users who are viewing this thread

I downloaded the Warband version of Native Enhanced and the patch but either one that I try to use they both say I'm missing this file:

C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade Warband\CommonRes\weapon_meshes_e

How do I get this file and what other files might I still need afterwards?

Going off the location, that's a Warband mesh, not a Native Expansion mesh. Can't remember what it contains, but I'd check your install of Warband first.

Aurora_Alexi said:
Carnivorious said:
Aurora_Alexi said:
Carnivorious said:
Shall I upload mine :smile:?

Please, lol.. I'd love it if you could.
Et voila.
I lol... I don't know what that means but Thank you!! And what version of the game is this from? Or will it not matter?
Hmm, since I use steam it's from the latest version. Et voila means litteraly: "And look here" in french :wink:

(Just fixed your quote mixup, to make it a bit more understandable. Pellagus)

Carnivorious said:
Et voila means litteraly: "And look here" in french :wink:

Well, literally, and etymologically, yes. Voilà = "Vois là"--> "See here".
But in modern French, according to the context, you could translate more accurately by "There!", "There it is!", "There you go!", "Exactly!", or even "Job done!".
The idea is that something you can "see there" is something finished, certain, complete, undoubtable.

However, if "Et voilà!" generally expresses satisfaction, it can also, when uttered in an angry, sarcastic or ironic tone (something that French people do a lot), express contempt or anger, as in "Nice going, dude".

Ha ha, this is why I love the internet. You roll up with a question about a missing mesh and end up learning how the French usage of 'Et voila!'.

Incidentally, Lord Samuel, it's probably used in a very similar context by English speakers. It makes a nice alternative to "Bob's your uncle" which is what I generally use.

Pellagus said:
Ha ha, this is why I love the internet. You roll up with a question about a missing mesh and end up learning how the French usage of 'Et voila!'.

Incidentally, Lord Samuel, it's probably used in a very similar context by English speakers. It makes a nice alternative to "Bob's your uncle" which is what I generally use.

Lol yup. And it took me awhile to realize that Et voila was umm how you pronounce it like "vwalah" which actually made me feel really stupid lol.

Aurora_Alexi said:
Lol yup. And it took me awhile to realize that Et voila was umm how you pronounce it like "vwalah" which actually made me feel really stupid lol.
You actually pronounce it "voila"  :neutral:

Lord Samuel said:
Well, literally, and etymologically, yes. Voilà = "Vois là"--> "See here".
But in modern French, according to the context, you could translate more accurately by "There!", "There it is!", "There you go!", "Exactly!", or even "Job done!".
The idea is that something you can "see there" is something finished, certain, complete, undoubtable.

However, if "Et voilà!" generally expresses satisfaction, it can also, when uttered in an angry, sarcastic or ironic tone (something that French people do a lot), express contempt or anger, as in "Nice going, dude".
And I am similar to a very talkative NPC? :grin:

Back
Top Bottom