Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Axes

Votes: 34 18.6%
  • Ranged/throwing.

Votes: 31 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

What two-handed weapon does the most damage on foot?  I'm using a Heavy Battleaxe at the moment and it does 53 damage (forgot the type).  My character has powerstrike of 8 and I'm slaying foes pretty easily, but I'm still finding that enemies with heavier armor take a few swings.  Would picking up a Masterwork two-handed sword be a better option?  I love getting into the thick of battle.

Against the heaviest armored enemies, the balanced iron staff actually does more damage and is faster and longer. Unfortunately it rapidly loses the advantage as the armor rating drops because of the way the armor soak factor works.

What two-handed weapon does the most damage on foot?  I'm using a Heavy Battleaxe at the moment and it does 53 damage (forgot the type).  My character has powerstrike of 8 and I'm slaying foes pretty easily, but I'm still finding that enemies with heavier armor take a few swings.  Would picking up a Masterwork two-handed sword be a better option?  I love getting into the thick of battle.

On foot the best weapon is easily the Sword of War.  The masterwork version does 45c and 36p and because piercing damage halves the armor value of an opponent it will inflict more damage than that 53c assuming he's wearing heavy armor.  Not to mention it's much faster than any axe and has a far greater range.  Be sure to move forward and aim for the head to maximize damage.  I just attacked some heavy infantry deserters (can't remember what they were exactly, but heavy Swadian infantry something or other) who were all wearing fairly heavy armor (Mail with Surcoats) and was able to solo 27 of them with my SoW on foot.  23 of them went down in a single hit. 

As for my setup:

Masterwork Sword of War
Fur Covered Shield (largest shield in the game for the weight)

I usually leave the other two spots empty because speed is very important on foot.  If I do decide to do a little mounted combat I carry a Balanced Heavy Lance in my inventory for just such an occasion. 

I usually go with my trusty axe, cause its just cool xD. But, ever since I came across a Masterwork Nordic Sword... well.... sorry axe, but there's someone else :sad:

I try different things but I allways end up with the Heavy one handed battle axe/Arming Sword... but I wish there was more weapons maybe not different in stats but textures and models.

I modded in my own custom pistol in so my setup tends to be a Nordic sword with the best shield I can get my hands on and the other two slots for the pistol and ammo. Sure the thing is a ***** to reload but there isn't a more fulfilling thing in the world then blasting the last sea raider left in the face as he makes a vain attempt to charge you. :grin:

Im using a jousting lance for anti-cavalry couching(around 220 reach and blunt damage), bastard sword+shield, and a mace for taking prisoners.

A lot of people around here are to fond of archery, everyone more concerned with taking prisoners. Well I guess it gets you more money. Good combination by the way.

Tempered Bastard Sword, Thick Knightly Shield, War Bow and Khergit or Bodkins.
I also carry a glaive in my inventory for battles where I'll need to dismount to counter the enemy's overwhelming number of cavalry  :grin:

Quick Question: The bastard sword is labelled as Two Hand/One Hand. As it is also a one handed weapon does it still incur the 35% damage penalty for using a shield or fighting on horseback? :???:

Folthrik said:
Archery is excellent because it's really fun and makes you estimate/think.

Archery is definetly fun, I sit  on my horse and try to headshot all enemies in sight, I my average head shots out of a dozen is 7/10.

Dark3r said:
Quick Question: The bastard sword is labelled as Two Hand/One Hand. As it is also a one handed weapon does it still incur the 35% damage penalty for using a shield or fighting on horseback? :???:

It does incur that penalty, yes.

I love my balanced steel quarterstaff...

It's an easy weapon to fight ambushes with, and if you couch it when on horseback, you make a lot of prisoners quite easily. It's also a great fallback weapon in sieges (I tend to fight with a shield, bow, arrows and quarterstaff, though I sometimes take a nice two handed weapon instead of the shield)

My latest character features a tempered arming sword and balanced light lance as their standard cavalry fare, but also carries with them a winged mace for when the idea of making new slaves friends seems too good to pass up. Throw in a reinforced knightly heater shield and you're more or less set.

I mostly use my Balanced Nordic Sword, wielded with a Heavy Kite Shield. Mostly, though, I use my horse to wade through the enemies' side of the melee to knock them down and give my own infantry an advantage. I also have a Masterwork Light Crossbow, just because I think mounted crossbowmen are cool. It also comes in handy when chasing horsemen and if I and/or my horse gets badly injured, then I can pull back and take some potshots.

Back
Top Bottom