Yet another Bannerlord suggestion - Professional army

Users who are viewing this thread

Eaguul

Recruit
Hello! :smile:

I haven't played this game for long, but I'm incredibly excited for Bannerlord, so I'd like to add a suggestion that has been on my mind (purely for my own amusement btw :grin:).

I would like to see some sort of system through which you could create your own troops, and have this system add an additional way to recruit soldiers in late game. So my suggestion is having a few more resources incl:

- Able men (in different categories - fresh, experienced, veteran aso.)
- Equipment (must import more basic resources like: iron, leather, coal, dye aso. to produce)
- Artisans (recruiting blacksmiths and leather workers, fletchers in your holds to make the equipment)
- Trainers (recruiting trainers in your holds to train soldiers that will increase/reduce recruitment time)
- Add stuff to this list in the comments if you want :smile:

The main reason I want this, is because I've wanted a way to recruit -MY- troops, and not troops from other cultures. So the idea behind this, is that you get to customize your own soldiers. I'd like to see a way to gear up a basic unit (as you would a companion) and add stats you'd want them to have. You would also get to choose from a selection of base armor types, ornaments, the colours on the armour and whatever idol/icon/logo of your faction in some fashion. There would however have to be some way of not making this mechanic way overpowered, so here are a couple of basic ones.

- The maximal stats your troops can have, depend on the quality of your trainers.
- The higher the stats you put on your troops, the longer recruitment takes, and the higher the upkeep.
- The quality on the gear you give your soldiers, depend on the quality of your artisans
- The better the gear you make, the higher the recruitment price
--
This is obviously not fully thought out, but it's just something that's been in the back of my mind (and some made up while writing this post :wink:).

Hope you like it, and feel free to add or subtract anything in the comments!

Technically M&B already has less of the feudal levy army and seems to have a little bit of a standing army going on.
I mean there isn't a single state army loyal to the head of state alone but a medieval army wasn't constantly on the field in times of peace like what you see in the game.

Think of the difference between Crusader Kings and Europa Universalis.
In CK levies are only really raised in wartime and have to be quickly gathered together to form a cohesive army, whereas in EU the standing regiments are already raised and placed wherever you want.

So if by a more professional army you mean a more loyal state army then that would be something you'd want for a more centralized state, at the cost of increased maintenance.

Don't get me wrong I love the idea of having of having a professional standing army taking on the feudal system but you gotta make sure it doesn't throw the game out of balance.

If you get a professional army there should be a risk of your military challenging or even rebelling against you as, tended to happen whenever a country had a group of soldiers with permanent employment and weaponary.
In any case I would definitely like to see more government and military styles in bannerlord. In warband all the factions are completely bland clones of each other, which sucks quite a bit when it comes to immersion.

i couldn't find topic about that and i can't post my  own so i hope you don't mind this reply. there is an option in the game to be a former squire, but sadly there is no option to have your own squire ( probably in some mods but i don't know much about them). It would be a great additon if becoming a knight grants such option .i won't dwell on this for now but part of this wikipedia points might be a suggestion https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squire#Jobs

PoP (Prophesy of Pendor) did something like what your describing with custom knight orders. It works almost the same without the recruiting of blacksmiths etc, and they are trained by your companions instead of a dedicated trainer.

If i remeber right from the vid's they released, the game was set in 1060 AD (ignoring calradia is a fantasy universe) that was the time period of the real crusades. Being able to build your own custom knights/sergeants would fit the setting very well and alot of immersion and literally force you to do multiple play throughs just to rp different ideas.

Basically i wholeheartedly agree with this idea and hope taleworlds is inclined to steal an idea from one of its better mods imo. *hint hint* *cough cough*

Back
Top Bottom