Ye olde Sacred Band of Thebes- gay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes, I know. It isn't as fun today... But imagine 300, and in the middle of the movie the ledears have a lovers quarrel.

Yeah... You'll worry... I don't know really. I think it would be good for morale, mostly.

well, wait, is this anal sex, or just huggin and kissin? cuz the latter isnt as bad. not that good either.,..

Merentha said:
pmdezso said:
gay sex is bad. sorry.
What, exactly, does that have to do with the historical accuracy of the claim that the Sacred Band was an entirely homosexual unit?  Piss off, you ****ing bigot.

So you think that having an opinion makes him a bigot? That's almost stupider than thinking that all gays are in covenant with the devil.

pmdezso said:
Merentha said:
pmdezso said:
gay sex is bad. sorry.
What, exactly, does that have to do with the historical accuracy of the claim that the Sacred Band was an entirely homosexual unit?  Piss off, you ****ing bigot.
I am implying that it is bad for you. it ruptures your lining of your anus, and you get ****, and seapeople in your bloodstream. not fun IMO. so thats why gay sex is bad.

It hasn`t got anything to do with the theme of this article, and besides, the things you described as why gay sex is bad are applicable to anal sex only... and you CAN have anal sex with women too.
So I see no point in that reply.

pmdezso said:
yah!

depends on what extent they were gay.

So you think homosexuality lies on a spectrum? The practise of homosexuality no....maybe the extent of the gender reversal, but that actually has nothing to do with homosexuality.

pmdezso said:
you heard me, It depends on what gay actes they're doing.

So the "gerbil in the butt" gay people are more gay than the "20 years of civil union"? Is that what you are saying....or do you intentionally only write one line of trolling without any explanation to cause confusion?

Is it against the rules to hijack a thread and start posting "gays suck!!!1" in it? Because I have a real urge to press the "report to moderator" button. If you want to discuss homosexuality, get a thread for it. I'll be sure to drop by.

Gay lovers fight better? I can't imagine that Elton John and his partner prancing around a battlefield would be very effective.  :smile:

Merentha said:
Hræfn said:
Gay lovers fight better? I can't imagine that Elton John and his partner prancing around a battlefield would be very effective.  :smile:
You know what, **** it.  If you're that much of an idiot, I'm just not going to try.

It was a joke Merentha. I'm well aware that the ancient Greeks weren't a bunch of fairies, whether they liked to **** young boys up the arse or not.

To be honest, I think Elton John would be a much worse proposition. I mean, he might start singing....

That's assuming of course you can overcome the ridiculously sized glasses first.

You could even make it a serious fight - take the Spartans from 300  vs. a  Elton John & The Village People. Butch homoeroticism vs. Campness, the eternal battle!

It doesn't appear to have been mentioned, but from what I know of per-judeo christian Teutonic and Scandinavian culture, homosexuality was pretty frowned upon, especially in the romantic sense.  Not to mention that for a period, many romans saw homosexuality as a thing of decadence (Specifically Greek decadence), and that seems to have carried through to the rise of christianity, which was one reason that Pauline theology gained so much precedence among the peons.  So the slur on judeo-christian cultures for devestating the whole homosexual thing isn't entirely deserved- although some cultures were pro-mother or pro-homosexuality, that was by no means a rule, or even a guideline.  It might be safer to say that those values wound up paving those other cultures over.  To assert that the rigid stances on homosexuality and patriarchy were something new is rediculous.  Those beliefs had already existed- or do you really think that a handful of refugees from the levant somehow managed to convince everyone to change their values at the point of the sword?

Back
Top Bottom