[WSC2] Signups & Introduction - Prizepool 500€ and growing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fietta said:
Is that FT Trial Archer Kane?
Like that matters? I think if I wanted to make some money I'd go get a job rather than trying to get some low amount of money out of a tournament in which there is alot of other good players.

PhantomMaB said:
Fietta said:
Is that FT Trial Archer Kane?
Like that matters? I think if I wanted to make some money I'd go get a job rather than trying to get some low amount of money out of a tournament in which there is alot of other good players.

My problem is that people will still be donating thinking it will be a 'battle of the top teams' unknowingly it's literally going to be sitting in FT pockets the entire time. It's the scam that's the problem. What's the point in having a donation system when it's literally never going to move past the admin team, just why? I literally can see no reason to have a prize pool. Why not just directly donate to the 'FT Patreon' instead?

If people are going to donate to a tournament in which they have no knowledge of the teams/players involved, then that's their problem.

I admire Charlni/Alecks for hosting tourneys and building up a bit of hype with the prize-pool to help reinvigorate the scene, but in reality unless the prize-pool is substantial you'll most likely end up with the same teams/players signing up if there wasn't a prize-pool.

It's better to not have a prize pool then have a prize pool which will indefinitely go to FT. Horace probably donating (as he normally does) for the sake of a good tournament which I respect, which is why I believe that this tournament wouldn't be 'good enough' because of the lack of GOOD players to have a good prize pool. The tournament will still be great like the first one but the money will inevitably going to FT. That's all I'm arguing about. I'm not trying to flame I'm just not understanding why the prize pool exists.

Previous years and tournaments had loads of top teams and close fights, I really don't see that happening here.

1ypg6zZ.png

K[size=18pt]alinka-[size=24pt]M[size=18pt]alinka
5620582193_07207bc789_o.png

» TAG  Brat_

» LOCATIONRussia

» INFORMATION
P6EEJdM.gif
N/A 
ler7hzy.gif
N/A

» CONTACTS
game_badge_wb.png
Nexoner
P6EEJdM.gif
TaleWorlds
ler7hzy.gif
Steam

» ROSTER

Nexoner1656819
WeTheGod1687629
zAnger1751063
Svan2655938
Crip4Life2816409
Skazzi3484718
ReD WaR3149401
BlackDevil3285252
Moon360621
Team name: Kalinka-Malinka;
Team Tag: Brat_;
Team Location: Russia;
Team Banner:
Roster:
Nexoner1656819
WeTheGod1687629
zAnger1751063
Svan2655938
Crip4Life2816409
Skazzi3484718
ReD WaR3149401
BlackDevil3285252
Moon360621

As a fairly new player (compared to the average comp creature) and from a pretty neutral pov, I tend to agree with fietta, I always wanted to get into comp but it always goes down to unity vs Ft, or the same best players. At this point I just keep training on the ludus and will start comp in bannerlord. Actually Ive met several players thinking the same. Theres no proper competition anymore.

Maul. said:
As a fairly new player (compared to the average comp creature) and from a pretty neutral pov, I tend to agree with fietta, I always wanted to get into comp but it always goes down to unity vs Ft, or the same best players. At this point I just keep training on the ludus and will start comp in bannerlord. Actually Ive met several players thinking the same. Theres no proper competition anymore.

Try IG_Battlegrounds, it would help you improve much more than in Ludus doing 2h duels.

Firstly, because my name has been mentioned a couple of times now, please let me get this very clear: I have never and will never be involved in this game with the intention to earn money. I thought the amount of work I've put in for the community without any monetary revenue was enough to prove that. Let me also say that I really appreciate Charlini and SirAlecks taking their time out of the day to host a tournament for the community, and all the people who put themselves forward donating to the prizepool to "spice up" the competition.

That being said, in my opinion, prizepools add very little if anything at this point in the lifecycle of the game. Back when Deacon, Aeronwen and a few others got sponsors on board, we still had slight hopes of populating the game and appealing to a larger audience as well as getting veterans back to play – goals that, despite sponsorships from Razer for example, were never achieved. Therefore, I think we would be better off giving the donations to the server operators of IG Battlegrounds, The Ludus and other popular server choices of the community, because this way everyone benefits, even if it's only indirectly.

Secondly, to take up the cudgels for Charlini: It is probably well known that Charlini and me are good friends and have been so ever since he came back from his long break after Niflheim. He's asked me multiple times to play for Frontline Tactics, but I declinded all of these invitations because AE was still actively playing the game. Nevertheless, I gave him my word that we would be playing together in a tournament should the opportunity present itself. After the WSC2 was announced, and I had made sure I could fit the tournament in my schedule at university, I approached Charlini myself, and bascially said "Hey, I'd have time now". He didn't even approach me, instead I asked him because I wanted to keep my word, which is also why I declinded the offer to join Unity by Paulo.

It would be macabre if money was the last nail in the coffin of Warband, almost a tragedy.

What's wrong with you community, there's lots of competition, having a prize pool is actually something great, how can you be so stupid to say it already belongs to FT. Claiming the 500€ -  which is about 40-50€ per person, goddamn daily salary, even less considering 2nd and 3rd place should also be getting some of it - is not the reason good teams sign up, also not the reason admins are making the tournament happen while playing for one of the top teams. Money is not the reason we play this game, it never was.

Also, have some manner. It is money of the donators, given to WSC admins, really not your bussiness.

CarpeDiem said:
What's wrong with you community, there's lots of competition, having a prize pool is actually something great, how can you be so stupid to say it already belongs to FT. Claiming the 500€ -  which is about 40-50€ per person, goddamn daily salary, even less considering 2nd and 3rd place should also be getting some of it - is not the reason good teams sign up, also not the reason admins are making the tournament happen while playing for one of the top teams. Money is not the reason we play this game, it never was.

Also, have some manner. It is money of the donators, given to WSC admins, really not your bussiness.

If money was NOT the reason to play then it shouldn't be included (in this case). You'd be naïve to think that there's competition.

? Rey said:
Typical Fietta behavior. What a joke haha

Great input from a lazy person like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom