L7K3G6b.jpg
YX0hr9a.jpg
[/td]

[td]
D0lJehO.png
[/td][/tr]

Match was played on WNL_DE_1
Forgot about IDs, sorry :/

I believe, you are using forbidden mod, mate.

Well, this might be true, indeed :/

Let me tell you what I have there:

It's called NeoGK-Mod and used on Mount&Siege-Server and TG-Arena, two of the servers I mostly played on the last years (and still am).
This mod allows you to use several extras and special stuff on this servers, for example different siege weapons like ballistas or trebuchets, but also
others weapons and armors or Warcries. And, as you can see, a little extra is that the scoreboard shows you the class-numbers on the field.

I played on TG-Arena before the match as well and usually change to normal Native-Mod before Officials, but I forgot about it today :/
Just as I said, I'm used to have this stuff on my scoreboard for ages now, so it's nothing special to me anymore, that's also why I haven't catched this during the match or even
when posting the screens.

I can just promise you that I haven't made any usage out of this, as I said: I did not even notice that it was there.
And beside that, I love this game way too much and have big joy playing the matches, so that I of course play following the rules and the usual gameplay,
that means scouting to find out about the enemies set-up.
To be fair as a fellow siege player I never noticed those class things were there either til recently

- " a little extra is that the scoreboard shows you the class-numbers on the field. " -

No offense but, everybody knows the composition of the enemy team after less than 15 seconds, knowing it as soon as you're spawning does not change anything about the match result, if the enemy team is better, knowing their composition before them is not going to save you. In my opinion, he doesn't deserve to be banned for that really.

8 cav rush -> Instantly known by pressing Tab.
Adding an extra inf for instant pushes or aggresive plays -> Instantly known and you can play outside dangerous zones from the start. Same goes for another horse for example...

"No advantage at all, knowing the composition 15 seconds earlier means nothing at all..."

Edit: I personally don't mind that much, I know Grafblade and since he has already apologised and stated what hapenned and I'm all out for just a slight punishment and not a severe one but the applications of such mod are quite noticeable...
Edit1: I was also playing on TG-Arena earlier today near match time and saw him, so I can vouch for that answer.

Leave GrafBlade alone!
Don't think Graf abused it either, but the mod shouldn't be allowed for reasons SAlex already mentioned, as it's a clear advantage over someone who isn't using it (which was the basis for the 'what mods are allowed' rule, iirc).

Edit: I didn't play, so the match isn't canon, but still gg LL

SirAlecks said:
8 cav rush -> Instantly known by pressing Tab.
Adding an extra inf for instant pushes or aggresive plays -> Instantly known and you can play outside dangerous zones from the start. Same goes for another horse for example...

Yes you're right too, and I'm not saying it should be allowed but when I'm reading what he wrote, people asking for a ban really need to calm down.

You can clearly see that he didn't mean to cheat and that it was a simple accident, even a slight punishment is useless in my opinion. As far as we know, the same guys that are asking for him to get banned are maybe using the same mod and we will never know about it.

The fact that he posted the screenshots shows the fact that he really didn't think that he was doing anything wrong and that he wasn't even paying attention to it or he would've asked to someone else to post the screenshots, but again that's just my opinion. I don't even know the guy well, I just think that it's really not a big deal, and the way he explained the situation shows that he is being honest and that there's no need to do anything about it.

Frankly, it doesn't matter what his intentions were. The mod can quite clearly be considered a cheat, it doesn't matter whether he's a nice guy/forgot to change mods etc. I don't think it's fair to say that someone can be exempt from punishment/receive lighter punishment because of subjective reasons.

The rules state that rounds will be defaulted if a significant advantage was gained. I feel that not applying this rule in this case would make this rule completely pointless.

Don't take me wrong, I'd rather not see Grafblade banned or the rounds defaulted. He quite clearly had no intention of cheating. The problem is that the cheating rules would become a complete joke if the administration lets this go. The outcome is really sad either way...

romechemik said:
Les Cordons Bleus 8 - 8 Cheshire Cats Clan
Ascarion said:
Aequalitas 10 - 5 Geese Pack
romechemik said:
iRaiven 12 - 0 Pirates of Fianna
romechemik said:
Battle Brothers 7 - 12 Trinity
romechemik said:
Guess Who's Back 0 - 12 Frontline Tactics
romechemik said:
Independent Warriors 2 - 12 Eat What You Kill
romechemik said:
Oh No 4 - 12 Knights of Malta
Confirmed. Thanks once again for all the work you put in Rome, you are truely a blessing! :grin:

Paulo said:
Unity 11 - 5 Reunited
Confirmed, would be nice if you could post the screenshots when you find time! :smile:

If any of the LL members recorded the match, perhaps you could find out if it was actually used. Think it's ridiculous not to punish him if you can't prove he didn't use it, though. It's a precedent you chose to set.

Thanks for the input and support as well, after reading this all, I have to say something more from my point of view:

1. The advantage we're talking about is just a theoretical approach. There's no proof that my team got an advantage out of it. For this to happen at all,
    I would have to give this information to my teammates and I've never done this. I get the information about the opponents classes like everyone else via
    scouting and reporting.

2. The discussion about "Advantage and Disadvantage" is an important one, that allows different opinions indeed and would rly help to find a proper
    solution, BUT the way the rules are worded makes this discussion redundant in this case:
    If the modification gives you an advantage or not simply doesn't matter here, as everything will be considered cheating as soon as someone uses modified textures
    or game modifications: §2 CHEATING (1)

"[...]Every player that is found to have modified texture files or using game modifications will be suspended from the tournament.[...]"

3. Based on the initial points: §2 CHEATING (1)

"[...]Exceptions from this rule are listed in Appendix A."

If you take a closer look at Appendix A, you'll see two allowed modifications (Bannerpacks; Crosshair Pack). What you can't find there is the WNL-Admin-Mod.
  I regard this a "Game-Modification"(like mentioned in point 2) as well. But it's not listed in Appendix A. According to the rules, everyone using WNL-Admin-Mod
  could be considered "Cheating" as well.
  I know that this sounds a bit ridiculous, but this is how you could interpret the ruleset. I know that it's obviously not cheating, of course we need the Admin
  Mod and it's not my attention to provoke the admin team with this or make fun of them or their work, I'd simply like to show that the ruleset is not clear at this point, as
  I also explained in my 2nd point.

Whatever the outcome of this discussion is and whatever is stated in the rules: I never cheated on purpose and I never will. Thank you  :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom