Where are all the banners?

Users who are viewing this thread

At 2:11 you can see a horse archer to the left of the player, holding a banner in one hand and a sword in the other, then after taking a bow and arrow he put banner on his back  :grin:

I think it will definetly be in the game, as they test and optimise,they will put back features one by one.

Piconi said:
At 2:11 you can see a horse archer to the left of the player, holding a banner in one hand and a sword in the other, then after taking a bow and arrow he put banner on his back  :grin:

I think it will definetly be in the game, as they test and optimise,they will put back features one by one.

I couldn't agree more.  :grin:

Noudelle said:
Seleucid said:
That appears to be one of several graphical downgrades, the water in the videos looks to be similar to Warband while the water in 2016-2018 looked real.
The water is clearly not final.
As for other graphical downgrades, I really don't know what you're talking about. The lighting has clearly been improved since last Gamescom too.

I do miss the banners though.

1566586635-map4.png

Bannerlord 2016-17    Bannerlord 2019 advance to 10 minutes 45, very ugly.

A shame.

And no more banners that were beautiful

Edit: Please refrain from multiposting in the future. - Reus

TheBerserk said:
Noudelle said:
Seleucid said:
That appears to be one of several graphical downgrades, the water in the videos looks to be similar to Warband while the water in 2016-2018 looked real.
As for other graphical downgrades, I really don't know what you're talking about. The lighting has clearly been improved since last Gamescom too.

1566586635-map4.png

Wow... I knew that the game was ugly but... THAT ugly ?

Tukata11 said:
TheBerserk said:
Noudelle said:
Seleucid said:

1566586635-map4.png

Wow... I knew that the game was ugly but... THAT ugly ?

The warband mod hd is 2x more beautiful.
Bannerlord is not a new game, but an extension.

8 years of development for that.

I dont know where did you get that potato picture, but the game does NOT look like that. I ve watched 3 or 4 singleplayer gameplay videos from gamescom 2019 and it looks awesome. Yes, they disabled couple of options for better performance, but the options are there, and they will be reenabled when they start optimizing it near release.

Piconi said:
I dont know where did you get that potato picture, but the game does NOT look like that. I ve watched 3 or 4 singleplayer gameplay videos from gamescom 2019 and it looks awesome. Yes, they disabled couple of options for better performance, but the options are there, and they will be reenabled when they start optimizing it near release.

it's a screen of a video gameplay solo

So is this
ckr3R92.jpg
And this is some water
4EMcU4t.jpg
This is all from my mobile.
Like i said, they disabled several graphic and gameplay options in order to showcase the game most presentable, there will be CTDs, clippings and other bugs. They'll put all back, including ambient oclusion which is fenomenal in the gameplay i've seen.
Dont worry !

Piconi said:
So is this
ckr3R92.jpg
And this is some water
4EMcU4t.jpg
This is all from my mobile.
Like i said, they disabled several graphic and gameplay options in order to showcase the game most presentable, there will be CTDs, clippings and other bugs. They'll put all back, including ambient oclusion which is fenomenal in the gameplay i've seen.
Dont worry !

I did not take this screen on a random site, we had it on a gameplay video.
The simplest explanation I will find logical between all these screens is that the game is not necessarily ugly but in some places has textures or effects of lights and shadows with qualities completely unequal to the rest, but the problem is that there are not just only 1 or 2 places

fedeita said:
At 18 min you can see ai in thight formation walking toward the enemy with standard bearers and shields raised, what happened to all this?
Yes you're right. I'm just going to assume and HopeTM that the AI is turned down for Gamescom and the banners will be put back at some point.

I will speculate a third time and say: they have the physics, and good lighting, but it was not optimized/polished, and only worked well in controlled scenarios, like last yeats demos. Now they are optimizing everything and making the cloth physics work nicely in the game (remember the rotating shoulder pads?) And as they optimize more stuff, they place it back in the game. Let us hopeTM for some christmas gameplay and compare it then. Just as Delinard said, the game looks different -and maybe feels different too - each passing build. So its definitely not something cut off. Rather just temp disabled.

I hope that TW realizes that the fundamentals of the game must be prioritized before fluff fluff like heir system, weapon customization etc come in to place. To me all the questions in the interviews so far have been focused towards those things and NOT what the most important things for the game are:

Stable real-time combat and physics.

How many npcs can fit into one battle? Where are the cloth physics? How destructible/interactive is the environment? How is AI behavior? How is optimization going?

monoolho said:
I will speculate a third time and say: they have the physics, and good lighting, but it was not optimized/polished, and only worked well in controlled scenarios, like last yeats demos. Now they are optimizing everything and making the cloth physics work nicely in the game (remember the rotating shoulder pads?) And as they optimize more stuff, they place it back in the game. Let us hopeTM for some christmas gameplay and compare it then. Just as Delinard said, the game looks different -and maybe feels different too - each passing build. So its definitely not something cut off. Rather just temp disabled.
Totally agree with this, let's remember that warband multiplayer beta looked very different before the release, and it kept adding things, parry wasn't even a thing at the beggining of the game and was added later to give daggers a counter

GiipaGips said:
I hope that TW realizes that the fundamentals of the game must be prioritized before fluff fluff like heir system, weapon customization etc come in to place. To me all the questions in the interviews so far have been focused towards those things and NOT what the most important things for the game are:

Stable real-time combat and physics.

How many npcs can fit into one battle? Where are the cloth physics? How destructible/interactive is the environment? How is AI behavior? How is optimization going?
I don't consider an heir system fluff. I actually think it's essential to the game cause of the accelerated time span. However, I see your point. Also banners in battles are also very essential.

Answered by Callum:

There was a noticeable absence of banners in the battles shown at Gamescom. Have these been removed? Or was it just a temporary measure?

Banners and banner bearers will definitely come back as even better and more polished than before.

Back
Top Bottom