What?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Bad_dog

Veteran
So I'm a D'shar vassal, and I decide to help a poor lord defend his castle...  Against hard odds, we win the skirmish, only to find that afterwards the lord has barred me from re-entering the castle!

What?!  That has to be the strangest thing I've experienced so far.  :shock:

I think I've gotten that sort of thing too. Dunno if it's just a holdover from Native or not. I imagine it has to do with your relation with the lord, which apparently isn't improved much by you Heroic Deeds. I don't know if the game can distinguish among the various Deeds a guy can do and just how Heroic some of them are.

Yeah, that was it.  I checked later and my relations were -25 or so.  It seems that if a castle is undergoing a siege battle, you can join, but afterwards you'll still be barred.  :???:

Bad_dog said:
Yeah, that was it.  I checked later and my relations were -25 or so.  It seems that if a castle is undergoing a siege battle, you can join, but afterwards you'll still be barred.  :???:

This has happened to me plenty of times in many mods.  It is an odd quirk from native. 

Saxondragon

I've never tried that particular action. However I do know that lords can react poorly when you help out their villages. Keeping their fiefs running smoothly is supposed to be their job, and apparently they don't like young upstarts coming in and showing them up. Imagine that.

It may be that helping them defend their castle is taken as a serious insult to their ability to defend their fiefs.

No. They don't mind you helping them, but they hate you and would like to see you get killed while helping them, taking care of two problems with one action. When you don't get killed they still hate you the same as before since you're still alive  :grin:

I wouldn't mind if another lord helped me defend against 800 raging enemy troops...  Anyway.  :razz:

Also, I've noticed I never get loot from a siege defense.  Anyone ever get loot this way?

Back
Top Bottom