What do you think about throwing axes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Javelins are also better because of the penetrate through shield perk which makes axes just a no go. Before that you can even break sea raider shields with one hit(horse charge and the right perks), so a clearly "no" to the axes. Even with the 3xdmg to shield perk they can't surpass a high tier javelin(jereeds).

I believe that all weapons should be able to throw. Even if the heavier ones don't go as far and less strong throwers don't achieve the best effectiveness.
As for throwing axes I use them with a character that fights on foot and they are very effective if you can aim well and have a high throwing level. Only the aiming and throwing speed is too slow to be able to throw all three units. Then you have to change the weapon or change the functionality of the weapon by converting it into a melee weapon. In this case it is a very fast but very short branch but it is also functional.

I think the problem is not so much in the weapon itself but in the concept of use in the game. If the use of the weapon was based on the sum of the character's skills, height and physical strength, and all weapons could be thrown, the game would be different. But that's my personal opinion

I don't like them anymore. I preferred how the aiming/accuracy system worked in the early months of EA before 1.5.0 changed ranged weapons.
This goes for all ranged weapons, they were much more fun to use when they didn't have massive accuracy penalties.

They do a lot of damage at short range, more than javelins.

But I find javelins more accurate and longer range.

There is one major omission - Francisca and similar weapons could shatter shields.

LIkewise, Pila were meant to make shields useless because of their bending heads.

I would like both of these added into the game .

Do you guys know how the speed and damage of throwing axes calculated? I try to make a mod that has throwing axe with a bit increased speed and damage.. but i changed the weight a bit, the missile speed hardly changed.. changed the weight a bit extreme, the missile speed is getting extreme too, while damage getting 0.0..

Back
Top Bottom