What do you do, Taleworlds?

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm kind of curious as to what occupation forumites have. I know there's some security guards, some military members, but I haven't the slightest clue about their experiences nor how they got to where they are. It would be fascinating to see what all of you do for a living.

For a start, I'm presently a university student working part-time as a lab assistant in a biology lab, a gig I just picked up and finally one that actually is on the same ladder as my desired career track, even if it is at the very bottom. Previously, I worked as a professional tutor and a gas station clerk. Unrelated but still curious, are any forumites scientists/researchers and how do you like your job? I'm hoping to be a molecular biologist, either in academia or industry.

I have worked in the following professions:

- Grocery store produce worker during highschool

- Volunteer construction worker.

- Oil rig labourer

-Welder and sheet metal construction worker

-Small stint as a welding instructor abroad.

-Part time liquor store sales associate

-Part time liquor store/warehouse security guard

-Bouncer (part time and it was a short stint.)

-Security officer in an airport (Current)

I also do Voice Acting and other game development and video related stuff at home which nets me some money from time to time. Currently and have been doing it for a long time.
https://soundcloud.com/comradecrimson

I might be enlisting in the army, specifically into a light mechanized regiment.

I've done other things for cash as well but im not really gonna speak about it beyond that it was just petty, unregistered liquor production and sales way back when (Nothing really serious.). Got no criminal record or blights on my record.

I've always been a student. Studying engineering, but im just in the first year and not sure about what to specialize in. Definitely something engineering or science related.
I have never worked for money. Only did some electric stuff for family and my own house.
Currently living with my parents but that might (and i hope it will) change next year.

I'm university student, aiming for masters in mathematical modeling right now, would like to go into meteorology later, but we'll see. No previous/current jobs worth mentioning, though I kinda do occasionally help with putting together old motorcycles and love every single moment of it.

I'm a university student training to be an Actor and also considering either a theatre education minor or a computer programming minor.

In regards to jobs, I've been:

• A baseball umpire
  • A snack shack attendant at a sports field
  • Spent 4 years working at a grocery store
  • Most recently I was an oral surgeon's assistant

Quite the jump for the last one, I know. Two of my relatives work for the surgeon, one is the office manager and the other an assistant, and they helped me land a job for the summer. I was mostly cleaning the surgical instruments and helping to keep the back running smoothly, but eventually he started training me to assist during the surgeries. I saw some ****ed up **** that I didn't expect to see in that environment.

Unemployed, got an interview on Wednesday to become a member of parliament's apprentice. Passed up my university offers this summer to have another shot at my first choice university next year. History and Politics is my preferred degree course.

I deliver pizza, I used to flip burgers. I plan on going to college at some point, I'd just rather figure out what I'm going to go for before I throw myself into debt.

Taleworlds is a fairly large Turkish company which creates computer games such as Mount & Braid (a sim which combines horse riding and hair braiding), and Bannerlord (a game with a name which incites anger in some people due to its grammatically incorrect structure).

I myself spend my time ruling entire continents with a benevolent iron fist, and pointing out the blatantly obvious. Such as how a mere couple of posts down from this one there exists a thread in which people discuss the services they provide to their local community and society in general for financial remuneration.

I'm basically realted to several old forum admins.

I spend my days on the internet being contrarian, like stating that this thread is close in subject matter but different in intent and we don't really need to lock threads all that much anyway, I mean if they're too similar the second thread will just die off and fall away into the forum depths. Forum users can decide whether it sinks or swims, IMO.

:razz:

Done a bit of farm work and landscaping.
Worked as a carpenters assistant/housebuilder for a while.
Currently teaching English, usually to primary school kids, once a week for adults, every now and then I get called in for something a little different like doing travel writing for tourism companies or teaching for the Japanese Self Defense Force.
Mostly focusing on studying for my software development bachelor's degree.

Future dream job would be working on prosthesis programming or artificial intelligence but realistically I'll end up a code monkey or IT desk guy, at least for the first decade or so.

I slowly wither and die as I relinquish my mortal coil, under the curse of having memory of yesteryear, when then I could at least have enough composure to fool myself into believing that somehow, someway, consequences wrought that I did not sow would ignore my future self. Now I mainly let my organic matter rot while my degrading mind of mass potential strains itself to reject the shortcomings of pitying thyself. I spend my days inevitably ripening contempt with the masses under the guise of superiority while obviously truly being jealous from my mortal vice.

In chronological order

Pizza delivery girl
Bar owner
Cop
Assistant DA
In-house lawyer
Aspiring futures trader and comedy writer Vagrant and parasite

Back
Top Bottom