What are your favorite factions troops ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Lady Einherjar, well played they will can kill anything, keep them behind a hill (3rows deep) then pull your enemies by killing one with your bow, xbow, let them come, charge when they are right behind the hill.

They also die spectacularly when pinned down by my Bladesman and rammed with Windriders from the side :grin: No love for Fierdswine

EdgeWalker said:
Ravenstern Rangers + Fierdsvain Huscarls + Pendor Mounted Men at Arms
best of non-noble troops imo

Add horse archers to your palette.  Makes for more potent tactical potential.  Then add Ravenstern Mounted Rangers to your list of best non-noble troops.

For me my perfect siege mix based on faction troops would be armored crossbowman and Huscarls. the Empires crossbowman tear through shields and when its time to climb up they can hold there own pretty well against the mid tier troops. and the Huscarls... Well they could stay in the scrimmage all day. but the armored crossbowman are difficult to train as they often die in field battles so best thing to do is run around doing your **** for a couple weeks and deposit them into your castle keep so next time you plan to take a castle BAM you just bring out your 100 armored crossbowmen that you've left cooking in the oven. You can easily solo castles this way at mid game

Definitely: D'Shar!

Great infantry, great lords, great culture  :lol:
Now with the new looks of D'Shar army (new armors, javelins for bladesmen, oh and no more fragile horsie....that D'Shar armored hunter, what a handsome beast!) nothing can change my opinion....for the lack of good archers, I'm training my CKO sergeants to be an elite force of marksmen, comparable to those Djaha Archers...

Behold, Pendor! The day will come when the corrupt reign of Kadan Bahadur is overthrown, and countless clans and tribes are united once again under one banner, and the fierce warriors of the desert conquest all the lands of Pendor
(anyone knows why the tribes of D'Shar raiders are named after tribes in Afghanistan - Pansdjiri, Afridi, etc) :wink:

Doomguides if I can catch a Three Seers spawn or two. Even dismounted these are THE best archers a player will have access to. Discounting Noldors of course. Great for grabbing prisoners with their Doom Maces too, though I try and keep them out of close combat unless the enemies nicely broken. Lack of shields can make them rather squish.

I'm starting to become quite fond of Pendor Armoured Bowmen. They can be raised from Farmers and Refugees very quickly and are highly effective. With their surprisingly high WP they are very good shots with those little Short Composite Bows of theirs.

Also Ravenstern Mounted Rangers. Though expensive these are the best non-noble or mercenary cavalry in Pendor. Even when their bows are spent they make highly effective medium cavalry, perfect for 'mopping up' after the enemy have already broken formation.

Frothing at the mouth,booze guzzling,noldor fisting Feirdsvain!

All of em,except the archers...so useless...I'd rather them be warriors,at least then they can do more then sit there a plink away at the enemies...very slowly...for like 5-7 damage out of 6 shots...

Then after a good while of saving up money,

I build into my Hero Adventurer Death-ball. 350 is enough to wipe out anything...though after I take my first town they sit there and collect dust...well,until a faction pisses me off enough to bring em out.

"Maltise has-" Nope,screw you! DEATHBALL!

Some little twerp of a lord is raiding my villages even though I killed him off like 5 times with just me and my companions? Overkill with DEATHBALL! Doesn't matter if you run,I will drag you out from any castle or town I see and destroy you!

Want to raid Elcarai? SURE WHY NOT! (Have not tested this...)

Diaphantos1 said:
Hero adventures put up a decent fight against noldors, but ELacrai is still a 50/50.

From personal experience in the right terrain Hero Adventurers completely obliterate the Noldor, with a few casualties as always but still a crushing victory, I personally have to stay behind and play carefully because even if my troops do a great job I die quite easily. RIP my stubborn Jatu Warbeast.

My military preference is for a cavalry heavy army with fewer infantry and a mixed archery unit.

For the cavalry, I tend to favor Ravenstern Mounted Rangers, Men-at-Arms, and whatever adventurers, rogue knights, and other mounted units I happen upon.

For my infantry, I play pure defense- anyone with a shield who knows how to use it. A handful of Legionnaires and Armored Axemen may get stomped down by a cavalry charge, but they'll get right back up. Occasionally, I will mix the heavier, non-lance using mounted units (such as adventurers) into their ranks to compensate for numbers or for special encounters like the Jatu. Cavalry walls are good at slowing charges and allow the footmen to pull the riders down.

The game settled my ranged issues for me. By default, Vanskerries are counted as "archery" units, what with their throwing axes, but they also make handy melee troops. By adding a few less Ravenstern Rangers to the equation, I feel that I've adequately balanced my army's defense and offense and effectively screwed many an enemy flanking maneuver.

The end result is a compact (albeit, slow-moving) company that excels at range while still being extremely effective in close-quarters. Meanwhile, I ride about with a couple of bodyguards, drawing off enemy heavy cavalry units and cutting down their horses before returning to the fray to flank the enemy's archers/traffic-jammed light cavalry.

I kinda found a truly flawless tactics that involves getting as much ranged as possible (50-55%) - ravenstern rangers, sarleon longbowmen and empire xbow/armored xbow. Also i hop between taverns and collect barclay sappers - these guys are awesome, and can almost fight on equal ground with knights of ebony gauntlets.

As for infantry (30-35%)whose main purpose is to stall incoming cavalry and infantry i pick barclay heavy swordmen, fierd huscarls and looooot of sarleon halberdiers. Mix it with some random infantry like dshar bladesmen and ravenstern kierguard.

And then just a small group of mobile and hard hitting cavalry (10-15%)

So every battles goes like this: enemy cavalry tries to rush archers, but always gets blocked off by infantry (make sure to order them to stand close as to create a bulk of bodies, so they can't be knocked down by charging horses) or cavalry (if AI cavalry is too mobile and foot soldiers are too slow to react). which leads to their fast and imminent decimation (btw they can't do **** about infantry, cause huscarls' shields are absorbing all damage and they are always in front line; halberdiers are best to deal with stalled cavalry) After that it's extremely easy - just let ranged do their job. Clean off with cavalry. Profit.

ms_ts_2007 said:
My only question is which one is the best infanty -  Blademasters or Huscarls ?
Depends on how you use infantry. But i find Huscarls much more versatile than Blademasters - good armor, tough shields, high damage.

Huscarls will probably lose to Blademasters.

Huscarls is STILL the undisputed best infantry in the game.

Blademasters can't soak up the kind of damage you need heavy infantry to soak up in a combined arms unit.

For a field battle I usually deploy mixed arms, putting the archers at the top of my stack, with the infantry in the centre and the cavalry at the bottom so they can rush in on the reinforcement waves where the order of battle has usually collapsed enough for cavalry to be at their best.

My preferred units?

Anything but the D'Shar.

Back
Top Bottom