WFaS World Cup Update

Users who are viewing this thread

Bubs

Knight at Arms
Hey guys, Bubs here.

I know many of you have been very anxious since the initial announcement of the WFaS World Cup, but I'm not sure if we'll be going through with it. While it was a nice idea, and something that could have revived the community, it just doesn't seem realistic at this point in time. I figured I'd give you guys an answer/update on the current situation from what I know.

The guy, The Magician (AKA Mags), who was supposed to be organizing the tournament has told me before that he was thinking about turning the competition into a international league. I know he's got a lot going on in his personal life right now, so any plans for a competition organized by the NA crew is most likely postponed until further notice.  I know that he plans on stopping his subscription for the NA battle and death-match servers. The NA community is getting hit pretty hard, and most of our regular players have moved on to other games.

There's a time and place for everything, but now is not the time for a American hosted international competition. I'm sorry to all the guys who were excited about this, and actually tried to put effort into forming teams. Please keep your buddies close by, I myself, will try my best to see that some sort of international SOMETHING BIG AND AWESOME will be created. This will most likely take place in the summer months, May-August. I'm open to any and all suggestions of what this competition my bring to the table.

I myself, will most likely revive this World Cup concept at the beginning of the summer, so please all of the countries team captains, add me on steam and introduce yourselves.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bribrirox2/

Thanks for taking time out of your days to read this update.

~ Bubs

Back
Top Bottom