Open Weird Sound Issue Please Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Hans 77

Knight at Arms
It's complicated, and I'm going to try and articulate this as best as possible.

Recently, I've been experiencing no "peripheral sound" in Warband -through both my headset and speakers (I tried them both). Meaning, if I'm looking straight at something or someone, I can hear them (their swings, their footsteps, the clang of steel when they block something).

But, if they are not in the very center of my screen, then nothing. Even if they are standing right next to me! I'll successfully block someone coming from my right side, and there's not even a clang or ping or any sound indicating I blocked them. The sounds to my left and right feel "muffled" at best and nonexistent at the worst of times.

This is the worst when fighting against cav players because I can't hear any hoofbeats unless I'm looking straight at the horse. It doesn't help when cav is coming in from the sides or behind me. Cav can literally be right behind me and and my audio doesn't pick their noise up.

This is such a strange issue. I've never encountered it before in 8 years of playing Warband.

Everything just feels...muffled.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? And if so, how did you fix it? Any help will be graciously appreciated.

P.S. My audio works fine in other games, it's literally just Warband that is having this issue.

Not that I know of. I'm sorry I'm kind of low-tech. I just plug my headphones in and hit OK. Everything was working fine before and then one day this issue just sprang up out of seemingly nowhere.

This process is to see if any files of the game are corrupt or missing. Steam will download them. They might be the reason of this issue. Can you try to reproduce this issue after downloading them?

Hey sorry to be a bother, but the issue persists. The sounds all around me still feel "muffled". I verified the files through steam but still no change.

Can you try deleting rgl_config.txt file in located in C:\Users\your user name\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband folder and try launching the game again? Don't forget to back up the file.

Back
Top Bottom