OSP Code SP [WB v1.127] New presentations for reports (v1.2)

Users who are viewing this thread

sphere said:
But when I switched back to player and companion, I find that I can no longer select the 2nd troop (companion).

there was an unneeded condition that caused that (oddly enough, that occurred only when there was one companion, I guess the overlay ID would be taken by a non-essential overlay with more companions).

I stealthily fixed it in post #4's presentation code (the one going into module_presentations.py), since I'm adding more stuff my current code isn't in a state of being pasted directly in here.

Seems fixed :smile:

This is a version rewrapped for the wip "modmerger" framework:
http://www.filedropper.com/mmjridernp10_1
(Instructions in readme, also contains manual installation instructions, but will not be fully supported)

Which is supposed to make it easier to install without touching original scripts and data files if you have modmerger "installed".

If you optional install the "xgm_mod_options" modkit, it will also expose 4 options in the mod option presentation accessible from "Camp" menu, which will allow you to switch back and forth between the new representations and original reports.  If all 4 options are disabled, "reports" menu will appear and behave exactly as if the new presentations was never installed. (Instead of replacing the original game menu, I just spliced in a switch condition using original scripts there, so even if it has been modified previously, the modifications will be preserved)

Cxmpe.jpg
(bottom 4 options are for jrider's new presentations)

Please feedback any bugs to me in this thread fttb (don't want to pollute jrider's thread), since I did not create a separate thread for this rewrapped version.

Jrider, thank you for the presentations! The faction relations one really enriches the look of Diplomacy mod.

Kudos!

just included a modified version of your faction relation presentation in Diplomacy 3.1.

Regards
Waihti

Hi!

Very nice work!

I have a question:

20 (1U) Centers <- what does the (1U) mean

and:

19 (2P) Lords <- What does 2 P mean?

Yeah, in
Code:
presentations.py
you have
Code:
            # add count to last line for faction line report (second, third and fourth line)
            (assign, reg61, ":num_centers"),
            (assign, reg58, ":unassigned_centers"),
            (create_text_overlay, reg10, "@{reg61} {reg58?({reg58} U) :}Centers", tf_left_align),

Thanks for your script. I'm a complete modding noob but I really want to add your report presentation to Native or other mods I'm playing like Prophesy of Pendor.

I tried to do the easier one first, faction report. I downloaded module system and python 2.7 for the first time and tried to modify those .py files as you said.
But after I copied those .txt files generated by build_module.bat to Native(with backup of course), the faction relation report in the game didn't change at all even though I've started a new game.

I'm completely lost and don't know what to do. I also have no idea about making the external files as you said.
I'm actually more interested in the lord relation report and courtship report. But now it seems they are impossible to me.

Heya,

Thanks for your scripts. We've added it into out mod, The Twilight of the Sun King, linked below.

It's helped me understand how to setup my own presentations, as I need to change the Options Menu and I would like to create a very, very different character creation presentation.

Thanks, we dearly appreciate it.

<3

CR

I personally love this mod, just one suggestion: Can you include the ability to change the title of your Vassals, so like instead of 'Lord' you could have 'Jarl' or something of that nature?

Hi,

Is this available by any other means than "filedropper"?  I'd rather not create an account there for just this one file.  I've also searched the Repository, but did not find it there. Any chance it could be posted?

Thanks!
SKY6A

SKY6A said:
Hi,

Is this available by any other means than "filedropper"?  I'd rather not create an account there for just this one file.  I've also searched the Repository, but did not find it there. Any chance it could be posted?

Thanks!
SKY6A
The code is all in the first few posts. The only thing different about what's on Filedropper is that it is wrapped as a ModMerger kit.

Back
Top Bottom