SP Native [WB][OSP] Tama's Enchanced Native Mod (attackable townsfolk and stuff)

Reus

Sloppy Dabber
Global Moderator
M&BWBNWWF&SVC
Best answers
0
I really want to cherish this mod, as I love Native enhancements, but so far the mod involves a total of three new features; two of which are open-source codes that you simply added. The third feature, that you made yourself, seems pretty fine and dandy (not meant to be ironic or sarcastic, by the way).

I'll come back with lots o' love when you've added some more features. Good luck with it.
 

Tama

Veteran
Best answers
0
Reus said:
I really want to cherish this mod, as I love Native enhancements, but so far the mod involves a total of three new features; two of which are open-source codes that you simply added. The third feature, that you made yourself, seems pretty fine and dandy (not meant to be ironic or sarcastic, by the way).

I'll come back with lots o' love when you've added some more features. Good luck with it.
Actually, only the first change was OSP. Sure shieldbash in Elvenpath is OSP however 't was i who made ElvenPath^^ Well mostly, with the help of others.
And also, like i said the features added are not final. I said I'd add stuff as i'd think of them. Plus there are some really neet suggestions which I'll try to implement.

Sal_TheConqueror said:
Although I respect your decision to keep it native as much , I'd strongly advise against it , there's so much content out there that makes mostly native mods "bleeeh" (atleast imo) . Best of luck anyway , I am thrilled to see this mod in the complete state .
And i respect your frankiness good sir. However I have no strong ambitions. Just editing here and there in native to tweak it to my own tastes and to the people who likes them and also suggests neat ideas. Plus, the idea behind this mod is to keep native native as possible. And I wouldn't call this complete. There are only 3 features added as of know, but ill add more as i can think of new stuff and with the help of the suggesting people<3

Sal_TheConqueror said:
As a OSP for sure , I've already imagined it being quite useful in some mods , but overall I'd like to see Tama make a amazing mod overall .
Thanks for the vote of confidence. But I guess this mod is for people who has a slight urge to play warband again but can't quite collect the courage to do it.
 

Emogma

Sergeant
Best answers
0
Warband but more Open World? YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

xaliber

Recruit
Best answers
0
I really like the third feature (attacking townsfolk and guards). Are there any consequences in assaulting them, i.e. a drop in reputation or honor? What will happen if we massacre the whole town?
 

Tama

Veteran
Best answers
0
xaliber said:
I really like the third feature (attacking townsfolk and guards). Are there any consequences in assaulting them, i.e. a drop in reputation or honor? What will happen if we massacre the whole town?
Currently the only penalty is town relation degration. But I'll make it so that town's lord will also be annoyed by it.
 

Reus

Sloppy Dabber
Global Moderator
M&BWBNWWF&SVC
Best answers
0
Tama said:
Actually, only the first change was OSP. Sure shieldbash in Elvenpath is OSP however 't was i who made ElvenPath
The shieldbashing script is courtesy of xenoargh, though, so that is an OSP, even if you've made some minor edits.
 

Tama

Veteran
Best answers
0
Reus said:
Tama said:
Actually, only the first change was OSP. Sure shieldbash in Elvenpath is OSP however 't was i who made ElvenPath
The shieldbashing script is courtesy of xenoargh, though, so that is an OSP, even if you've made some minor edits.
Sorry I was misunderstood. I've made the shieldbash script I MADE for ElvenPath OSP when i shared the module system of the mod. I even made the animation. Plus xenoargh's script is for singleplayer anyway ElvenPath was multiplayer and i just checked, it doesn't have dynamic cancelling, prevention or cooldown.(You can even feint with it) I'm not trying to start a debate about which is better by the way. If I used something OSP I would just credit the guy like in the change 1 spoiler box.


Edit: Oh and by the way, just edited the script to pull reinforcements from the garrison. And added town LORD relation degration.
 

Reus

Sloppy Dabber
Global Moderator
M&BWBNWWF&SVC
Best answers
0
Tama said:
Sorry I was misunderstood. I've made the shieldbash script I MADE for ElvenPath OSP when i shared the module system of the mod. I even made the animation. Plus xenoargh's script is for singleplayer anyway ElvenPath was multiplayer and i just checked, it doesn't have dynamic cancelling, prevention or cooldown. I'm not trying to start a debate about which is better by the way. If I used something OSP I would just credit the guy like in the change 1 spoiler box.
Alright, makes sense, then. Anyways, further good luck with the mod. Excited to see what other features you're gonna pull off.
 

Tama

Veteran
Best answers
0
Thanks! Well, I just made a change to the reinforcement spawning script to spawn random troop types that are available in the town garrison. Now I'll just have to remove those troops from the town if they die and also stop cavalry troops from spaning i guess.  :smile:

I'll release the new version as soon as im done with those.

Edit: Done :smile: Added Change 4 to the first post. I also updated the file for the download link. Also added a link for downloading the modüle system. Didn't had much time to comment on some of the codes but all in due time. I'm off to ZHG server now.
 

Emogma

Sergeant
Best answers
0
there is a glitch

if you get killed for alarming the guards, you cannot tab out.
 

Tama

Veteran
Best answers
0
Emogma said:
there is a glitch

if you get killed for alarming the guards, you cannot tab out.
Ah, yes. I know all about that. The feature is incomplete. We shall be taken prisoner if we are knocked down. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit: Sorry i misread your post. Tab is disabled if guards are alarmed. You have to fight your way out. You can exit by walking to the edge of map(where we spawn when we first visit the town) Or you can disappear into any one of the buildings.

Edit2:The files in the links are updated. Just noticed a bug which caused the garrion casualty calculation script go haywire. Oh and added getting taken prisoner if we are knocked down.
 

Bloc

Duke
WB
Best answers
0
I posted the same thing in the Turkish Forum already but It's good to hear some other opinions too. So I was working on PostFX and Shaders recently. So this is what I made so far ,
It has more decent normal maps(That is my option of course) , more darker and slightly saturated environment and of course , waving flora. The key point in here is waving flora I suppose. Since the games like Skyrim have windy flora why not for Warband?. So I am playing my Native with these shaders and I can say that game looks really odd  to me If I remove them now. But Its a choice of course. So since It's not changing anything in module system and Native gameplay , I guess Its good to add this or something like this, in that lovely Enchanced Mod. But of course , If our friend Tama wants it.

By the way , am I the only one who couldn't manage to use shield bashing function?
 

Tama

Veteran
Best answers
0
The offer is very kind, thank you. But make them available for anyone so people who wants to use those shaders and postfx can use them. But I'm not one of those poeple unfortunately. :smile: Lowering gamma by a little amount is enough for me. Not looking for fancy graphics in an old game anyway. :smile:
 

Reus

Sloppy Dabber
Global Moderator
M&BWBNWWF&SVC
Best answers
0
Bloc, if you're interested, we're actually looking for some custom shaders for another mod.
 

Kentucky James VII

BioAfrikaner
Duke
Best answers
0
Most people lurk quite a bit before posting. And warband modding is fairly straightforward, so people with knowledge of other scripting languages can get into it quite quickly.
 

Bloc

Duke
WB
Best answers
0
Tama said:
The offer is very kind, thank you. But make them available for anyone so people who wants to use those shaders and postfx can use them. But I'm not one of those poeple unfortunately. :smile: Lowering gamma by a little amount is enough for me. Not looking for fancy graphics in an old game anyway. :smile:
Ah I see , Its a choice of course. I can put a link later for players who want to use them then.  :smile: By the way , can you put updates seperately because some of your updates (All of them right now) doesnt make any changes in folders like Scene etc. so Its unnecessary to download them again and again. So all of your updates can be less than 6MB.

Reus said:
Bloc, if you're interested, we're actually looking for some custom shaders for another mod.
I can't count myself as a shader creator. I'm just doing some tiny changes. If you don't have any high expectations , I can try it :razz:
 

xaliber

Recruit
Best answers
0
Tama said:
xaliber said:
I really like the third feature (attacking townsfolk and guards). Are there any consequences in assaulting them, i.e. a drop in reputation or honor? What will happen if we massacre the whole town?
Currently the only penalty is town relation degration. But I'll make it so that town's lord will also be annoyed by it.
What do you think about making the town being unavailable to visit for certain amount of time? Similar to village being looted.  :razz:

Bloc said:
Tama said:
The offer is very kind, thank you. But make them available for anyone so people who wants to use those shaders and postfx can use them. But I'm not one of those poeple unfortunately. :smile: Lowering gamma by a little amount is enough for me. Not looking for fancy graphics in an old game anyway. :smile:
Ah I see , Its a choice of course. I can put a link later for players who want to use them then.  :smile: By the way , can you put updates seperately because some of your updates (All of them right now) doesnt make any changes in folders like Scene etc. so Its unnecessary to download them again and again. So all of your updates can be less than 6MB.
Bloc, I'll be interested if you don't mind.  :grin:
 

xaliber

Recruit
Best answers
0
Hello Tama, are you still working on this? :smile:

I've played around for a bit with this and encountered a few bugs (I make bullet points for easier reading):

  • If you riot in tavern, sometimes mounted troops would come into tavern complete with their horses. I notice this happens often in Khergit towns (horse archers frequently do this)
  • Moving from one scene to another reset the behavior of people in the city. For example, if you riot in tavern and go directly to city centers, people would behave normally as if nothing happened. Vice-versa: if you riot in city centers and go to tavern, people would behave normally.
  • There are plenty of script errors when we riot in player-owned town. And the garrison does not show up. :???:

And one suggestion: shouldn't the faction whose town we're rioting take a relationship damage too?