MP Native [WB] Conquest: Supremacy

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord Rich said:
So it's kind of a modification of CTF? I considered a similar thing myself when i began work on supremacy. It sounds pretty interesting anyway, I will have to have a look at it. The problem that tended to happen with CTF and why I decided not to redevelop it too was that once both flags were captured teams would camp massively. I guess if you have flag points that are accessible when the flag is captured that won't be an issue though.

Actually it had nothing to do with CTF from the beginning. It was more of a modification of Battle mode.

The first version we made is what we called King mod and is what my sig refers to.
In this you didn't have to carry the flags to the poles in order to raise them, they hung to the poles from the start like in Battle mode when flags spawn. Instead we had a custom made class called King, that was the only soldier who could raise the flag.
There could only be one King per team and he could buy equipment like plate mail, black armour etc. Instead of carrying the flag he had a crown on his head that could not be removed, which identified him as the King. Killing the enemy King meant you won the round.

The whole point behind this was to have a risk/reward factor that would make for some interesting tactics in the game.

Having a custom class with a one per team limit would work well in clan matches, but not in puplic servers. Also the mod wasn't compatible with native, so we abandoned it and went on to develop something native compatible instead.
Making a sceneprop that a player could pick up was a good way to pick a "King" in this mode, and having flags as an objective already made it fitting for the purpose.
We experimented a bit with having a chest that you would strike in order to become King and a scull would then appear over your head instead of the flag. But we didnt manage to make it look good because of limitations in what we could modify and still have it native compatible. So finally we went for the flag solution.
I know it may look like a CTF mod at first glance, but it actually has little to do with CTF.

Back
Top Bottom